Poll: Dalton has a 90+ passer rating this year
yes, over
no, under
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
over/under Dalton having a 90+ passer rating
A 90+ passer rating is nothing really special anymore, but it would still be a career high for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A 90+ passer rating is nothing really special anymore, but it would still be a career high for Dalton.

Honestly, I will be extremely disappointed if AD fails to have a 90+ QBR.

AJ is now in year 5. Sanu, Jones (hopefully) are in year 3 as is Eifert. The OL and running backs are a strength of the team. He needs to be more efficient, he needs to take care of the football and get the completion percent closer to 70% this year.

I have a hunch he will have a good year (cautiously optimistic) and so will the Bengals as they appear to be extremely focused, mature and ready to step into the spotlight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
My heart wants over. My head says under.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Dalton will be a 90+ passer for the entire year.

He'll obviously have great games where he is 90 or even 100+.

But he always has 2 or 3 games a year that completely tank his QB rating.

I don't expect that to change ever.

He may get over 90 if he can limit those bad Andy days to 1 or 2 for the season. But that would be pretty incredible if he were able to accomplish that.
Reply/Quote
A strong running game, with proper use of backs and TEs in the passing game, can send a QBs rating through the roof.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A 90+ passer rating is nothing really special anymore, but it would still be a career high for Dalton.

Actually more true than I expected.

Take a look at this statline:

490 attempts
320 completions (65.3 completion %)
3,625 yards (7.4 yards/attempt)
27 TDs
15 INTS

The passer rating: 92.9

http://www.primecomputing.com

I'm gonna go with over.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:58 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Actually more true than I expected.

Take a look at this statline:

490 attempts
320 completions (65.3 completion %)
3,625 yards (7.4 yards/attempt)
27 TDs
15 INTS

The passer rating: 92.9

http://www.primecomputing.com

I'm gonna go with over.

That seems like a statline that Andy SHOULD be able to accomplish this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:05 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That seems like a statline that Andy SHOULD be able to accomplish this year.

I think it's reasonable expectations. I could throw in an extra 2 interceptions and he'd still be in the clear sitting at 91.2.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, barring injuries, if Andy doesn't have his best year as a pro, then we need to move on from him.

With that said, I fully expect him to have a career year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I voted under, but who cares since we keep making the playoffs regardless.
Reply/Quote
I think he'll be pretty much what he has been the last 4 years.  Mid 80's.  In Andy's really bad games last year, the ball was pretty much flying all over the place.  No NFL receiver would be able to catch some of those balls.   Sometimes I think he just goes berserk and the accuracy goes out the window until the next game.  I don't see this characteristic ever changing too much, but you never know, this should be our year if there ever was one.

Looking at 2014 QB Ratings, it was interesting to see 2 former Bengal QB's at 95+ (Carson Palmer & Ryan Fitzpatrick - wow).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I will say he does and his rating will be a 94.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 11:48 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Looking at 2014 QB Ratings, it was interesting to see 2 former Bengal QB's at 95+ (Carson Palmer & Ryan Fitzpatrick - wow).

Interesting, but it appears to be a statistical anomaly.  Every other season in his career Dalton has had a higher passer rating than both of those guys.

With Palmer it was the first time in 8 years that he had had a passer rating over 87, and with Fitzpatrick it was the first time in his entire 10 year career that he had had a passer rating higher than 84.
Reply/Quote
I think that since the Bengals will be a "Running" team, Dalton will have his best season as a Pro and his Rating will be over 100 for the season.

Limit Dalton's passing attempts which will cut down on Dalton's mistakes.

Seems simple enough.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting, but it appears to be a statistical anomaly.  Every other season in his career Dalton has had a higher passer rating than both of those guys.

With Palmer it was the first time in 8 years that he had had a passer rating over 87, and with Fitzpatrick it was the first time in his entire 10 year career that he had had a passer rating higher than 84.

Fitz had a 6 TD game that really inflated his rating (especially since he didn't play 16 games) but Palmer has obviously been much better since he and the WRs in AZ became comfortable with Arians' offense.  Of course, that's not so handy if he can't stay on the field, but Palmer has overall been better than Dalton since the midpoint of 2013 methinks.  Arians gets results.
Reply/Quote
I predicted a 90+ rating last year, but we obviously had significant injuries at WR and TE. So I'll predict 90+ for Dalton this year. I think he's capable of that with everyone healthy. It'd help if he started playing better against the Browns.

Here's Dalton's numbers over the last 2 years against everyone except the Browns:

92.2 passer rating
65.0% completion rate
7.63 yards/attempt
1.63 TD to INT ratio

In 4 games against the Browns:

43.2 passer rating
47.6% completion rate
3.98 yards/attempt
0.43 TD to INT ratio
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton has never had a 90+ passer rating for the entire season and he's coming off of the worst year of his career. I see no reason for the confidence that he'll pull it off. If he can do it though, this team will be really friggin good. If he gets above 95, they could be a Siper Bowl caliber team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 07:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Andy Dalton has never had a 90+ passer rating for the entire season and he's coming off of the worst year of his career.  I see no reason for the confidence that he'll pull it off.  If he can do it though, this team will be really friggin good.  If he gets above 95, they could be a Siper Bowl caliber team.

I hope we are Siper Bowl bound. I don't know what the Siper Bowl is, but I'm excited for it.
Reply/Quote
I said no, seeing as how he's never been close to 90. Andy could surprise us all with the plethora of now healthy weapons, but his tendency towards implosion will likely keep him in the low to mid 80's.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 08:11 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I said no, seeing as how he's never been close to 90.  Andy could surprise us all with the plethora of now healthy weapons, but his tendency towards implosion will likely keep him in the low to mid 80's.

Meh, 88.8 is pretty close.

It's difficult for him to eclipse 90 because his INT% is always high. It just destroys it.
Reply/Quote