Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
pick 33 big board
(03-21-2020, 10:15 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I think it'd be hard to turn down Baun, especially if we're committing to the hybrid scheme long term. Can never have too many guys that can pass rush and cover and Lawson has yet to prove he can make it through a full season.

My other choices would be Josh Jones, Xavier McKinney, and Grant Delpit. If any of those 3 slip it would be EXCELLENT value at 33. Kyle Dugger would be a slight reach, but I think he'll go higher than some people expect so maybe not.

I wouldn't hate Queen at 33, but I think we should avoid Kenneth Murray. I saw someone say he is similar to Malik Jefferson. Not that he struggles to diagnose the play but you rarely saw him get physical and he was never asked to do much in coverage. Our LBs finally received some decent coaching last season but I still wouldn't want to bet on our coaching staff turning Kenneth Murray into an all-pro.

I think in a scenario where Josh Jones, all of the LBs and WRs (Mims, Jefferson, Higgins) are gone, we then trade down. I can see our board at this point being:

Erza Cleveland
Jeff Gladney
Lucas Niang
Tyler Biadasz
Mailk Harrison
Netane Muti

Give me Gladney or Biadasz if the board shakes out like this.

Oof...that scares me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 04:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oof...that scares me.

I do not like Murray.  He tackles with his arms, does not have good consistent technique.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 09:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Gonna find put soon if teams think like that or teams think he can be a 3 town linebacker with a bit of experience. He goes as high as 18, and I never see him in the 2nd anymore using TDN or fanspeak.

(03-22-2020, 03:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well at start of college season, I saw projections of Burrow going 2nd to 4th round... and now is #1 pick.. Queen moved up the board as the college season went on.. by Dec.. he was being talked as top 3/4 LBs

(03-22-2020, 03:53 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I know he's near the top of my Board, but your question is legit. For me, its was a combination of reading the draft "experts" profiles on him and various film (not just highlights). For example, Crabbs on TDN:

Or Marino on TDN:

That's it for me. 

Thanks, finally some people talking me into Queen. I just watched him specifically in the Bama game he wasn't wrapping
up and was getting ran over by Bama's RB badly, it was a poor showing that game. Will have to go back and watch the 
big games at the latter part of the year to see if I can be fully on board with Queen at 33.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You watch a lot of LSU games correct? 

Tell me why Queen all of a sudden went from a 6th or 7th rounder to better than Delpit in one year?

I don't even have Queen on my big board, think he is a project with a lack of production.

I don’t think Queen is better than Delpit. It’s more about the Bengals needing a ILB. If they can find someone in free agency or resign Vigil my list would change. Queen wouldn’t be on the list and Delpit would be near the top.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:48 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I don’t think Queen is better than Delpit. It’s more about the Bengals needing a ILB. If they can find someone in free agency or resign Vigil my list would change. Queen wouldn’t be on the list and Delpit would be near the top.

Cool Burreax, cool. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks, finally some people talking me into Queen. I just watched him specifically in the Bama game he wasn't wrapping
up and was getting ran over by Bama's RB badly, it was a poor showing that game. Will have to go back and watch the 
big games at the latter part of the year to see if I can be fully on board with Queen at 33.

Matt Minich has a good video breaking down ILB’s on YouTube. https://youtu.be/ksHLP-Pu_kk
Reply/Quote
Nice vid and breakdown, thanks for that Burreax. Made me feel much better about Queen and now am open to the pick
at 33. I always liked how he covered, I just watched that Bama game and he wasn't good at all wrapping up and even
tried to hit hard and the RB just took the hit and kept going cause he wouldn't wrap up. In this vid it shows him wrapping
up more and taking good angles and being very patient.

Love how Murray takes angles though better and how he wraps up, not as good in coverage as Queen though.

Would love either now at 33. ThumbsUp

Gonna go watch some of the bigger games later in the year where everyone was saying Queen played great.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 02:53 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Matt Minich has a good video breaking down ILB’s on YouTube. https://youtu.be/ksHLP-Pu_kk

not bad.. but needed to add couple more LBs into mix especially Baun... he is in the mix for sure
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not bad.. but needed to add couple more LBs into mix especially Baun... he is in the mix for sure

Yeah, need some more on Baun.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not bad.. but needed to add couple more LBs into mix especially Baun... he is in the mix for sure

Yea I agree. Baun is more of a Edge than a ILB though. I’d be happy with him at 33 if Queen and Murray is already taken or they sign someone in free agency. It’s going to be a exciting draft night regardless.

Let’s say Murray, Queen, Baun, and Josh Jones is there at 33. Who do you take?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, need some more on Baun.

Nate I’m not sure if you saw this video from Matt Minich but here is a video talking about some of the edge guys that could be a option for the Bengals.
https://youtu.be/IinFTGAyooU
Reply/Quote
Thanks Burreaux, will check it out tomorrow after work, I like the way Matt breaks stuff down.

Sure made me rethink taking Queen. Then I watched the LSU/Georgia SEC title game and came away really impressed.

Still really would love Delpit at 33 but would be just fine with Queen now. He really grew into his own as the season progressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:18 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Yea I agree. Baun is more of a Edge than a ILB though. I’d be happy with him at 33 if Queen and Murray is already taken or they sign someone in free agency. It’s going to be a exciting draft night regardless.

I do not think Baun is a good schematic fit with the Bengals, but maybe they are going to give more 3-4 looks so who knows.  I think Bengals would draft Queen if available but I don't know.  Looking at those choices, if it were me, Jones would be the pick.  J. Williams has not taken a snap and we do not know what he brings.  Hart still scares me with Burrow behind center.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not think Baun is a good schematic fit with the Bengals, but maybe they are going to give more 3-4 looks so who knows.  I think Bengals would draft Queen if available but I don't know.  Looking at those choices, if it were me, Jones would be the pick.  J. Williams has not taken a snap and we do not know what he brings.  Hart still scares me with Burrow behind center.  

We are now a 3-4 hybrid so I think Baun makes sense.

Cannot disagree, I think I would take Josh Jones myself. Need to protect Burrow, cannot count on Hart becoming great.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:18 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Yea I agree. Baun is more of a Edge than a ILB though. I’d be happy with him at 33 if Queen and Murray is already taken or they sign someone in free agency. It’s going to be a exciting draft night regardless.

That tells me that a lot of offensive players went off the board as well as all the corners and either a qb or a RB was taken earlier. I believe there is enough LB talent in this draft that I would seriously listen to offers to trade down, but my gut tells me that we need more athleticism and Im thinking either Baun if I still want a tweener or Murray if I feel like a natural LB is what Anarumo is looking for.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are now a 3-4 hybrid so I think Baun makes sense.

Cannot disagree, I think I would take Josh Jones myself. Need to protect Burrow, cannot count on Hart becoming great.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Hands down, Murray. 

Love all those other players. Wouldn't be mad with any of them. I just think Murray has what we need at ILB.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 05:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not like Murray.  He tackles with his arms, does not have good consistent technique.  

They used to say this about Tremaine Edmunds, a guy who is currently starting for one of the best defenses in football.  He had an odd sort of "hoola hoop" tackle style in college, but that hasn't stopped him from being a good pro.

I personally believe that college production is a very important evaluation metric for certain positions.  Murray has put up great numbers - perhaps it's easier to nitpick some of his 176 solo tackles over 3 years as opposed to a prospect like Queen, who has had only 59 solo tackles over the same period of time.   
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2020, 10:37 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not think Baun is a good schematic fit with the Bengals, but maybe they are going to give more 3-4 looks so who knows.  I think Bengals would draft Queen if available but I don't know.  Looking at those choices, if it were me, Jones would be the pick.  J. Williams has not taken a snap and we do not know what he brings.  Hart still scares me with Burrow behind center.  

I'm actually more scared by both guard spots than RT. RT isn't a strength but it's a known with Hart (with potential for an upgrade in Johnson).

But I think our tackles can all play inside so the best way to upgrade G may be a T.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:52 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They used to say this about Tremaine Edmunds, a guy who is currently starting for one of the best defenses in football.  He had an odd sort of "hoola hoop" tackle style in college, but that hasn't stopped him from being a good pro.

I personally believe that college production is a very important evaluation metric for certain positions.  Murray has put up great numbers - perhaps it's easier to nitpick some of his 176 solo tackles over 3 years as opposed to a prospect like Queen, who has had only 59 solo tackles over the same period of time.   

Exactly why I take Murray over Queen everytime, very well said Bilbo. Production, instincts and the way Murray takes angles
are top shelf. He may tackle with his arms but he wraps up very well and you don't see him missing tackles often.

I like Queen now, don't get me wrong, just saying Murray is my fave if both are sitting there which is unlikely.

Hope people keep talking up Queen and somehow Murray falls to us.
Reply/Quote