Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
players only meeting
(10-23-2017, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when Andy throws away a 4th down pass into the sidelines, do not for an instance think he did not understand the game situation. He was saying "screw it, I'm not taking any more hits in this circus"

I'm not convinced he did it on purpose. Andy is known to panic when flushed from the pocket and has the reputation of throwing the ball away relatively quickly if routes aren't opening up. 

However, if he indeed did decide to bail on his responsibility to the team and his teammates, I'm assuming he'll return at least a part of his paycheck, since I'm pretty sure the expectation is that he not choose to take some plays off. 

If he's not going to give 100% every single play, or is afraid of taking hits, maybe playing football wasn't an ideal career choice.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 06:09 PM)BMK Wrote: I'm not convinced he did it on purpose. Andy is known to panic when flushed from the pocket and has the reputation of throwing the ball away relatively quickly if routes aren't opening up. 

However, if he indeed did decide to bail on his responsibility to the team and his teammates, I'm assuming he'll return at least a part of his paycheck, since I'm pretty sure the expectation is that he not choose to take some plays off. 

If he's not going to give 100% every single play, or is afraid of taking hits, maybe playing football wasn't an ideal career choice.

Maybe he's fittin' to pull a Palmer/Dillon/Pickens/Esiason/Spikes/C.Johnson/etc and "quit". Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

Don't know how much I could blame him at this point if he did.  Was watching SNF last nigh and Rex Burkhead getting in some good runs.  I wondered what he must think about his time here.  I mean, to go from this half-assed, Mickey Mouse team to one of the best-run organizations on God's green earth?  He must be back and blue all over from walking around pinching himself all the time that he got tp put PBS in his rearview mirror.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much my thoughts.

We've got some decent receivers, but if a team can just focus on one part of the offense because the other part isn't working, then it makes it a lot easier for DCs.
Is there an issue with the receivers coaching? I never hear anything except "receivers can't get open". Surely all these receivers can't be that bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Then they need quicker hitting routes.  with this OL (and it didn't just start this year) that ball has to be out very quick to be successful..

Something Jay and Hue did a pretty good job of with playcalling.    Lazor has been doing alright but once they get thru the limited plays they installed its like theres not much left to work with.  Abandoning the run doesn't help.

We aren't gonna find talent to fix the OL week 8   So you gotta do what you can to make it work.

TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE MAKING TOO MUCH MONEY FOR US FANS TO HAVE TO ENDURE THIS CRAP!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree, but in fairness the WRs, it's mighty hard to get open when they absolutely do not even try to defend the run.  At 2.4 YPC, why bother?

Yup.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Oh man.. I am getting scared the bengals incompetence is going to break green and he is going to pull a Palmer on us... 

I wouldn't be angry if he did. We need a total rebuild and by the time it would be complete, he would be do to retire. Would love to see A.J get a ring. He won't get it here. I would support his decision to leave. Just like Whitt!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:08 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Don't know how much I could blame him at this point if he did.  Was watching SNF last nigh and Rex Burkhead getting in some good runs.  I wondered what he must think about his time here.  I mean, to go from this half-assed, Mickey Mouse team to one of the best-run organizations on God's green earth?  He must be back and blue all over from walking around pinching himself all the time that he got tp put PBS in his rearview mirror.

That’s how I felt watching Andrew Whitworth play for the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: In baseball they do it all the time.  In fact I have never heard a manager get mad that the players call for one.  

What would be your thoughts if the Bengals...

What are they going to do? Maybe waterboard the offensive line? Not sure that will help. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote