Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revamped OL
(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: EDIT - The Colts' return to relevancy can be directly associated with their smart selections of Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith.

Kind of odd that you use the Colts as your success example, they go shut out yesterday..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of odd that you use the Colts as your success example, they go shut out yesterday..

But they are also 6-6, which is already more wins than all of last year (4-12) with still 4 games to play.
Come on, you know better than to pick just one particular game. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But they are also 6-6, which is already more wins than all of last year (4-12) with still 4 games to play.
Come on, you know better than to pick just one particular game. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

And I think Luck has been sacked a very low number of times, like top 5 OL play in that regard
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: EDIT - The Colts' return to relevancy can be directly associated with their smart selections of Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith.

.....and the addition of Margus Hunt. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair, I think many of us (I know I did) had Nelson, McGlinchey, Ragnow, Hernandez, Wynn, and Daniels all ahead of Price in terms of OL prospect rankings. I had Price in the late 30's to early 40's. I'm not surprised all those guys (minus Wynn because he's been hurt all year) have done well and better than Price.

EDIT - The Colts' return to relevancy can be directly associated with their smart selections of Quenton Nelson and Braden Smith.

Everyone that posts in the Draft section knows who I was pushing for early in the process. Lol

And you for got the Colts selection of Darius "Maniac" Leonard.

(12-03-2018, 03:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Kind of odd that you use the Colts as your success example, they go shut out yesterday..

Compared to where they were their franchise is pointing up. Before it was all Andrew Luck but now they have put together a decent run game to take pressure off him...and of course they have Leonard tearing it up on the defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: But they are also 6-6, which is already more wins than all of last year (4-12) with still 4 games to play.

Oh, I know.  When I saw the irony of you praising their OL, and the fact that they were shut out yesterday, I just couldn't resist.  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dude not even leaving the bengals saved guys from the injury bug this year

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/03/russell-bodine-having-surgery-after-breaking-leg-on-sunday/
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Travis Frederick did well as a rookie but I am not sure.  As did Alex Mack at Center.

I believe Travis Fredrick was put in at guard his 1st year and transitioned to Center.

He didn't start producing consistently until his second season.

I didn't look it up though.... 'cause ya know... I'm lazy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I believe Travis Fredrick was put in at guard his 1st year and transitioned to Center.

He didn't start producing consistently until his second season.

I didn't look it up though.... 'cause ya know... I'm lazy.

Well, if Price is healthy next year and doesn't improve, then it is not a good sign for him at least at the Center position.  But I still think Fredrick and Mack had other pieces in place for them to succeed in terms of the O-Line that is lacking with the Bengals.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Really there is no realignment that is going to save the OL from the base reality that Hart, Ogbuehi and Redmond are not NFL caliber players, Fisher, Westerman and Hopkins are reserves at best, Glenn has been playing gimped all season and Price lost a lot of needed snaps to injury so he has not where he should be in development. Even Boling has had issues this season.

We pretty much need to write off everyone except Boling, Glenn and Price and build from there. And in a draft year where the OL picks are not considered high grade that means they absolutely need to dive into A List Free Agency to get either a Tackle or a Guard that is both in their prime and playing well.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone that posts in the Draft section knows who I was pushing for early in the process. Lol

And you for got the Colts selection of Darius "Maniac" Leonard.

Compared to where they were their franchise is pointing up. Before it was all Andrew Luck but now they have put together a decent run game to take pressure off him...and of course they have Leonard tearing it up on the defense.

I was thinking of the Leonard pick but he went before the Bengals slot position in round 2 I believe but I am not sure.  He is a beast.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really there is no realignment that is going to save the OL from the base reality that Hart, Ogbuehi and Redmond are not NFL caliber players, Fisher, Westerman and Hopkins are reserves at best, Glenn has been playing gimped all season and Price lost a lot of needed snaps to injury so he has not where he should be in development. Even Boling has had issues this season.

We pretty much need to write off everyone except Boling, Glenn and Price and build from there. And in a draft year where the OL picks are not considered high grade that means they absolutely need to dive into A List Free Agency to get either a Tackle or a Guard that is both in their prime and playing well.

Even Glenn is debatable for me.

This O-line is a mess.

Mostly hamstrung from bad FA and misjudged past draft picks.

Jury's still out on Price.  Boling is serviceable.

It can be improved but they absolutely can't miss on draft picks next go around.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Price's struggles have honestly surprised me. Hope it's a coachable issue.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really there is no realignment that is going to save the OL from the base reality that Hart, Ogbuehi and Redmond are not NFL caliber players, Fisher, Westerman and Hopkins are reserves at best, Glenn has been playing gimped all season and Price lost a lot of needed snaps to injury so he has not where he should be in development. Even Boling has had issues this season.

Glenn has had injury issues each of the past 3 seasons.

I'm doubting that he's going to be healthy next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: One day they'll learn.

This should be the motto for the team t shirts next season.
Reply/Quote
Above all else the Oline needs a leader something that has been missing here for a very long time. I know most think we lost one a few years back but I don't agree. The only player on the team now that I can see stepping into that role would be Price. But the player needs to be playing at a high level to lead and Price wont hit his stride till next year at the earliest. All the other guys are too quiet or not the leader type any players drafted or brought in via free agency need to have a voice. In case price does not work out next season so we have potential leaders on the Oline.
Reply/Quote
Price will be fine once he has enough reps and some stability next to him. The Guard / Tackle problems are much worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and the addition of Margus Hunt. Mellow

And his career 6.5 sacks in 6 seasons... 2 of which came in his game against the Bengals OL this year... of course.

There should be a "if you make Margus Hunt look like a good NFL player, you have to burn your gamecheck" rule.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:30 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Price's struggles have honestly surprised me.  Hope it's a coachable issue.

Well usually we don't play our draft picks for 2 years so seeing one actually play is surprising.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well usually we don't play our draft picks for 2 years so seeing one actually play is surprising.

This is just another message board myth.

Last year we had 6 draft picks who played over 25% of the team snaps (not counting special teams) Lawson 42%, Mixon 40%, Glasglow 36%, Willis 31%,  Evans 27%, and Malone 26%.

Overall Marvin plays rookies as much as the average NFL coach. I'll post the numbers if you disagree.
Reply/Quote