Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so much for draining the swamp
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/

you trumpsters fell for it harder a drunk girl on prom night
People suck
(11-11-2016, 09:59 AM)Griever Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/

you trumpsters fell for it harder a drunk girl on prom night

And they also thought that somehow the most inexperienced person to ever be elected would surround himself with "smart people" without having the same swamp dwellers there with him.  It's laughable.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There is a lot of talk about this, and about all of those that distanced themselves now joining forces with him. I view it much like jumping on a grenade to save your squad. They are trying to insulate America from the damage that could be done were they to leave Trump to his own devices with the sycophants that he would surround himself with.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-11-2016, 10:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There is a lot of talk about this, and about all of those that distanced themselves now joining forces with him. I view it much like jumping on a grenade to save your squad. They are trying to insulate America from the damage that could be done were they to leave Trump to his own devices with the sycophants that he would surround himself with.

i agree, its just laughable that they actually believed he was going to "rid washington of all the corruption" and day 3 of him being pres elect he is surrounding himself with it Hilarious
People suck
four more years of reagan/bush liberalism is probably better than letting him have free reign.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-11-2016, 04:02 PM)Benton Wrote: four more years of reagan/bush liberalism is probably better than letting him have free reign.

this i agree with, and what i told the wife would probably happen

i just find it funny that he is already going back on what he campaigned on
People suck
(11-11-2016, 04:29 PM)Griever Wrote: this i agree with, and what i told the wife would probably happen

i just find it funny that he is already going back on what he campaigned on

Hell, I don't expect him to complete his term. 21 January, 2019, Donald Trump resigns the presidency and Mike Pence is inaugurated as the 46th POTUS. I don't foresee him getting much of anything done.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-11-2016, 04:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hell, I don't expect him to complete his term. 21 January, 2019, Donald Trump resigns the presidency and Mike Pence is inaugurated as the 46th POTUS. I don't foresee him getting much of anything done.

What is the logic behind that?
(11-11-2016, 04:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: What is the logic behind that?

I honestly don't think he really wants to be President. It's nothing other than just me throwing out my opinion, but he doesn't appear to be a man that really wants that office. If he did, I don't think he knew what he was really getting himself into. I think they will talk him into staying just that long on the off chance they can get Pence elected for two more terms after that.

(11-11-2016, 04:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hell, I don't expect him to complete his term. 21 January, 2019, Donald Trump resigns the presidency and Mike Pence is inaugurated as the 46th POTUS. I don't foresee him getting much of anything done.

Hell, I don't care if he announces the day after he takes office he's stepping down. The butt hurt over the last 72 hours has been priceless. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The people who were an integral part of his successful campaign are now being trusted to be an integral part of his administration. CNN would find this shocking.

Nothing is this article changes Trump ability to deliver on his 5 point plan to roll back lobbying, auditing the Fed or renegotiate trade deals. Now if President Trump fails to keep hos promises, then CNN has a basis for an article.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-11-2016, 05:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The people who were an integral part of his successful campaign are now being trusted to be an integral part of his administration. CNN would find this shocking.

Nothing is this article changes Trump ability to deliver on his 5 point plan to roll back lobbying, auditing the Fed or renegotiate trade deals. Now if President Trump fails to keep hos promises, then CNN has a basis for an article.

other than him saying he was getting rid of lobbying and corruption...and then he surrounds himself with lobbyist and corrupt politicians
People suck
(11-11-2016, 06:01 PM)Griever Wrote: other than him saying he was getting rid of lobbying and corruption...and then he surrounds himself with lobbyist and corrupt politicians

Well, yeah, as soon as he joined politics he surrounded himself with lobbying and corruption. The committee is chaired by the people he ran his campaign and, along with the handful of people the CNN article focused on, for the other members of the committee are - big surprise here - more people on his campaign team and his kids. 

This is just his transition team. Real controversies  are soon to come, but for now all we have is this fake one coming from the network that shilled for Clinton for the past 2 years.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-11-2016, 04:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I honestly don't think he really wants to be President. It's nothing other than just me throwing out my opinion, but he doesn't appear to be a man that really wants that office. If he did, I don't think he knew what he was really getting himself into. I think they will talk him into staying just that long on the off chance they can get Pence elected for two more terms after that.

Honestly it would not surprise me. 

I have no doubt that Trump wanted to win. I have doubts that he actually wants to be president. Not having any political experience/background, I don't think he knows/is prepared for what is to come for him. 
(11-11-2016, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I don't care if he announces the day after he takes office he's stepping down. The butt hurt over the last 72 hours has been priceless. 

Spoken like someone who really cares about his country.  Thanks! Mellow
He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. By surrounding himself with experienced people the left says he is no different than the rest of Washington. If he doesn't surround himself with experienced people the left would say he was an idiot for not choosing people with political experience since he has none himself. 

The only way the left will ever be happy with anything Trump does would be if he were to eat a bullet.
(11-11-2016, 10:23 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. By surrounding himself with experienced people the left says he is no different than the rest of Washington. If he doesn't surround himself with experienced people the left would say he was an idiot for not choosing people with political experience since he has none himself. 

The only way the left will ever be happy with anything Trump does would be if he were to eat a bullet.

I would be happy if he came out and said the same thing he did in 2012, that the EC is a disaster. And that he is handing over the office to the person that won the popular vote, which he has said should be the winner of the presidential election. Ninja

(11-11-2016, 10:23 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. By surrounding himself with experienced people the left says he is no different than the rest of Washington. If he doesn't surround himself with experienced people the left would say he was an idiot for not choosing people with political experience since he has none himself. 

I seriously doubt many on the left would be happier with Pence. He would likely be far more aggressive in going after progressive policy than Trump would, possibly having more success to boot. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(11-11-2016, 09:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Spoken like someone who really cares about his country.  Thanks! Mellow

You're welcome and yes it does. I think Pence is more qualified to be POTUS than Trump or Hills. That is why I said the day after he takes office. 

(11-11-2016, 11:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I seriously doubt many on the left would be happier with Pence. He would likely be far more aggressive in going after progressive policy than Trump would, possibly having more success to boot. 

This is one of the funniest things I see in the Left losing their minds by coming in second. What would the reaction have been is it had been Cruz that defeated Hills? Cruz makes Trump look like Jill Stein.