Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steelers Bryant faces 1 year suspension
Martavuis Bryant facing a 1 year suspension related to drug testing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14958283/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-faces-year-long-suspension

steelers using drugs?....nothing to see here folks, move along.
Reply/Quote
steelers fans all over the place like, ITZ JOST WEED!!!! NFL POLICY BE'S A JOKE".

Cuz he's a Steeler. Completely ignoring the fact that even if it is just weed, it's still a rule, and Bryant is a dunce.
Reply/Quote
Can't get right lol
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Martavuis Bryant facing a 1 year suspension related to drug testing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14958283/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-faces-year-long-suspension

[Image: 56996698.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Martavuis Bryant facing a 1 year suspension related to drug testing:

I just don't understand how hard it could be to NOT use drugs when you have the support of the entire organization behind you.

How much worse will he be when / if he is cut and loses that foundation?

But if the kid can't get right he needs to be gone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 06:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just don't understand how hard it could be to NOT use drugs when you have the support of the entire organization behind you.

How much worse will he be when / if he is cut and loses that foundation?

But if the kid can't get right he needs to be gone.

More than that, to make millions of dollars.

And I didn't think they could release what substance it was, but, assuming it was weed, that makes it that much dumber because it's not like he had a chemical addiction that took over his body.

Typical Steelers.

But their organization, players, and fans will welcome him back like nothing ever happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 08:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: More than that, to make millions of dollars.

And I didn't think they could release what substance it was, but, assuming it was weed, that makes it that much dumber because it's not like he had a chemical addiction that took over his body.

Typical Steelers.

But their organization, players, and fans will welcome him back like nothing ever happened.

While I have no problem with someone smoking weed it is still against the law in most places so it IS dumb.

I hope this guy can get his life together....and quickly.

If the Steelers decide to wait it out and keep him I'd be very surprised, but given that the organization thinks more like a family than a business I could see it happening.  If the cut him then that is fine too given his seeming inability to control himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:12 PM)you the Beaker Wrote: Martavuis Bryant facing a 1 year suspension related to drug testing:

[url=[Image: image_2.jpeg]][IMG]
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:27 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: steelers fans all over the place like, ITZ JOST WEED!!!! NFL POLICY BE'S A JOKE".

Cuz he's a Steeler. Completely ignoring the fact that even if it is just weed, it's still a rule, and Bryant is a dunce.

Making shit up again to fit your agenda?

I have not see one, not a single Steeler fan try to excuse this as "just weed." Every single post here and on FB has been "what a dumbass, cut him loose." But you're going to make shit up to fit your anti-Steeler agenda  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 08:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: While I have no problem with someone smoking weed it is still against the law in most places so it IS dumb.

I hope this guy can get his life together....and quickly.

If the Steelers decide to wait it out and keep him I'd be very surprised, but given that the organization thinks more like a family than a business I could see it happening.  If the cut him then that is fine too given his seeming inability to control himself.

(03-12-2016, 10:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Making shit up again to fit your agenda?

I have not see one, not a single Steeler fan try to excuse this as "just weed." Every single post here and on FB has been "what a dumbass, cut him loose." But you're going to make shit up to fit your anti-Steeler agenda  ThumbsUp

So you're all so quick to jump on this and cut him, yet you were all "let's wait to see the facts on Big Ben, maybe that girl wanted to get so drunk that she didn't even know what was going on and she wanted his bodyguards to force her into the bathroom!"?

Typical.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 11:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you're all so quick to jump on this and cut him, yet you were all "let's wait to see the facts on Big Ben, maybe that girl wanted to get so drunk that she didn't even know what was going on and she wanted his bodyguards to force her into the bathroom!"?

Typical.

Well I said back when the Ben thing happened that *if* he got charged he should be cut.

Sooooo...no.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well I said back when the Ben thing happened that *if* he got charged he should be cut.

Sooooo...no.

Getting charged with rape and committing rape are two different things.

It's known that he raped her.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Getting charged with rape and committing rape are two different things.

It's known that he raped her.

How?  And don't say because he settled.  I'm not certain if Ben's innocence, but I am certain that the argument of guilt because of the settlement is weak.  Here's why: 

The burden of proof is far lighter in a civil case (preponderance of evidence) than it is in a civil one (proof beyond a reasonable doubt).  In other words, a criminal prosecutor needs to show proof, while a civil one need only show that guilt is likely.  Thus, one's chances of being wrongly convicted are much higher in a civil case than in a criminal one. Add to that the fact that it is often less expensive to settle than to pay for a long drawn out legal battle, and you can see that there are sometimes reasons to settle a civil case even if you are innocent.  

I'm not saying that I know that is the case here, but I am saying that you can't completely rule it out as a possibility.  Settling is simply NOT an automatic admission of guilt.  

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081227211003AA5zCdO
https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-settle-out-of-court

And just so you understand, I'm not saying I know you're wrong about Ben's guilt.  You may still be right about that.  I am, however, saying that you are wrong in thinking you can be 100% certain of it. You can't.  Only two people in this world can be, and you're not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:38 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: How?  And don't say because he settled.  I'm not certain if Ben's innocence, but I am certain that the argument of guilt because of the settlement is weak.  Here's why: 

The burden of proof is far lighter in a civil case (preponderance of evidence) than it is in a civil one (proof beyond a reasonable doubt).  In other words, a criminal prosecutor needs to show proof, while a civil one need only show that guilt is likely.  Thus, one's chances of being wrongly convicted are much higher in a civil case than in a criminal one. Add to that the fact that it is often less expensive to settle than to pay for a long drawn out legal battle, and you can see that there are sometimes reasons to settle a civil case even if you are innocent.  

I'm not saying that I know that is the case here, but I am saying that you can't completely rule it out as a possibility.  Settling is simply NOT an automatic admission of guilt.  

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081227211003AA5zCdO
https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-settle-out-of-court

And just so you understand, I'm not saying I know you're wrong about Ben's guilt.  You may still be right about that.  I am, however, saying that you are wrong in thinking you can be 100% certain of it. You can't.  Only two people in this world can be, and you're not one of them.  .   

Ok.  

What happened that is not disputed:  Ben is buying girls drinks all night and gets them all drunk, then goes to the bathroom and has his bodyguards lead the girl back to the bathroom where he is.  Didn't say "hey, follow us, we're going to take you back to the bathroom to have sex with Ben."  Then, she comes out, not all smiling and happy like "I just had sex with a Super Bowl-winning, world famous quarterback that's worth 70(?) million dollars," but rather is confused and says "I guess I was raped."  Which, if she wasn't, she would have said no, and it's more likely that she was still hazy from being drunk and just being raped.

So, you know what?  I don't know EXACTLY how everything happened in the details of raping her, but I know what is not even disputed and what points to him raping her and Steelers fans overlooking it.
Reply/Quote
Man.....and here I thought years ago GMDino was obsessed with R.Lewis. That's nothing compared to this.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 11:00 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Man.....and here I thought years ago GMDino was obsessed with R.Lewis. That's nothing compared to this.

I still believe he either did it or know a LOT more than he'll ever say.  But when I look back at it I realize I way to over the top with it.

Nowadays it is just fun to call him Stabby McMurderer because it will drive some people crazy.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I still believe he either did it or know a LOT more than he'll ever say.  But when I look back at it I realize I way to over the top with it.

Nowadays it is just fun to call him Stabby McMurderer because it will drive some people crazy.   Smirk

Irritating Ravens fans will never get old.

Just like the two people Ray Lewis murdered.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals can't even win anything, can they? Even the division crown for suspension length. Thanks Boyle, Bryant..Bryant.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Irritating Ravens fans will never get old.

Just like the two people Ray Lewis murdered.

[Image: Lewis.jpg]

(03-13-2016, 12:13 PM)TGISunday Wrote: So the Bengals can't even win anything, can they? Even the division crown for suspension length.  Thanks Boyle, Bryant..Bryant.

They can have the record for most consecutive years making the playoffs and never winning a playoff game.

No on else wants that.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: Lewis.jpg]

They can have the record for most consecutive years making the playoffs and never winning a playoff game.

No on else wants that.... Mellow

I gotta give it to ya--that was a more creative segue than the canned response of "because six."

Back to the subject at hand: Good luck finding a replacement for Cheech.
Reply/Quote