Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the "new" Colonel Sanders
Colonel Sanders was supposed to be a southern gentleman. WTF are they thinking coming up with this new guy guy who is a stupid wise ass? KFC is a family oriented restaurant, not a hipster hangout.

It would be like re-casting Ronald McDonald as Homey the Clown.
Reply/Quote
Was he alive in colonial days?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Was he alive in colonial days?

It's Kentucky... we're a good 100 years behind the rest of the world. We still have Prohibition in many cities across the state, maybe even a majority of them until the last decade.

As far as the OP, the commercials are creepy and aren't getting me to buy chicken, but from a marketing perspective, they've worked. People are talking about KFC, which is not something people normally do.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:10 PM)Benton Wrote: It's Kentucky... we're a good 100 years behind the rest of the world. We still have Prohibition in many cities across the state, maybe even a majority of them until the last decade.

As far as the OP, the commercials are creepy and aren't getting me to buy chicken, but from a marketing perspective, they've worked. People are talking about KFC, which is not something people normally do.

Unless it's the "did you hear about that new artery-clogging monstrosity that KFC just came up with?"
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Was he alive in colonial days?

Oops.

Don't know how that happened, but you can see that I spelled it correctly in the OP>
Reply/Quote
Saw this.  Not only are the commercials stupid and annoying, but I can't believe they'd caricatured their mascot/founder(?) like that.

And I don't know how KFC is still around.  Even poor people won't eat there if they have a choice.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Unless it's the "did you hear about that new artery-clogging monstrosity that KFC just came up with?"

I always thought those were just publicity stunts. Like, 'hey, we can't get any media buzz like Hardee's and their provocative commercials or McDonald's and they're McRedpaste, so why don't we come up with something so disgusting nobody will eat it and it'll grab a few headlines.'
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:34 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I don't know how KFC is still around.  Even poor people won't eat there if they have a choice.

WTF are you talking about?

Lots of people still eat at KFC even when they have a choice.  The food may be bad for you, but it taste damn good.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I always thought those were just publicity stunts. Like, 'hey, we can't get any media buzz like Hardee's and their provocative commercials or McDonald's and they're McRedpaste, so why don't we come up with something so disgusting nobody will eat it and it'll grab a few headlines.'

Except lots of people DO eat those foods.

Listen, I realize that some of you may not like this type pf food, but you have to get over the belief that your opinion is reality.  Lots of people like this stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except lots of people DO eat those foods.

Listen, I realize that some of you may not like this type pf food, but you have to get over the belief that your opinion is reality.  Lots of people like this stuff. 

Fat and salt equal flavor, of which fast food has loads. I get it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oops.

Don't know how that happened, but you can see that I spelled it correctly in the OP>

This board allows you to edit thread titles by hovering over them
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Colonel Sanders was supposed to be a southern gentleman.  WTF are they thinking coming up with this new guy guy who is a stupid wise ass?  KFC is a family oriented restaurant, not a hipster hangout.

I just shake my head every time one of those KFC commercials come on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:34 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Saw this.  Not only are the commercials stupid and annoying, but I can't believe they'd caricatured their mascot/founder(?) like that.

And I don't know how KFC is still around.  Even poor people won't eat there if they have a choice.

You shut your damn mouth. 

Extra crispy and spicy is the shizzzz. Mashed potatoes and gravy....biscuit. mmmmmmmmm

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Except lots of people DO eat those foods.

The chicken, I agree. Sides, too. If people didn't like it, KFC wouldn't be a multi-national chain.

But I don't know anybody that tried a double down, or the bowl with everything in it. And I know like a dozen people. Maybe more. And if you've never seen anyone and don't know anyone who has ever tried something, there's a good bet people weren't eating them.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Unless it's the "did you hear about that new artery-clogging monstrosity that KFC just came up with?"

no different than anything else from a fast food restraunt
Reply/Quote
It's creepy and they do it on purpose. The story of colonel Sanders is pretty impressive, and it's hard to believe they treat him like this.

And personally I miss Hardees around here. They don't even pretend. Every time McDonalds came out with another salad, Hardees slapped 4 more pieces of bacon on something.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lots of people still eat at KFC even when they have a choice.  The food may be bad for you, but it taste damn good.

It's garbage, fatty chicken.  I've got nothing against fast food fried chicken, but KFC is disgusting.  I love fried chicken, but I'd just assume eat something else before subjecting myself to KFC.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 01:52 PM)Benton Wrote: The chicken, I agree. Sides, too. If people didn't like it, KFC wouldn't be a multi-national chain.

But I don't know anybody that tried a double down, or the bowl with everything in it. And I know like a dozen people. Maybe more. And if you've never seen anyone and don't know anyone who has ever tried something, there's a good bet people weren't eating them.

The chicken pot pie is excellent.

Reply/Quote
KFC sucks. Its all about Chik Fil A
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Colonel Sanders was supposed to be a southern gentleman.  WTF are they thinking coming up with this new guy guy who is a stupid wise ass?  KFC is a family oriented restaurant, not a hipster hangout.

So I watched a few of the commercials after reading this, and I don't see where you get the hipster connection.  Is it because hipsters like seeing crap that awful, or something?
Reply/Quote