3. A handful of plays targeting John Ross
4. Our O-line to hold up against their 1's
5. Our LB'ers to step up
6. Some reps for Josh Shaw at Safety
7. K Russel some snaps with the 1's opposite Dre and William Jackson
8. The whiners on this board to leave
9. No injuries
10. No Injuries
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2017, 01:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Preaching to the choir! We have played that soft zone for far too long! We have a lot of 1st Round CB's.

Then when the pressure doesn't get there from the 4 man front, the zone gets picked apart.

But think of all the turnovers that playing zone has yielded for us!  Ninja

This is depressing -- I'm having flashbacks to Chuck Bresnahan.  Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't really care what the final score is, I mean sure a win is better but it's not what's important at this point !

I want to see the 1st team O able to close ! We don't have a 1st team TD yet. I want to see something other than 1.12 second pass plays, I want to see if Ced O and the O-line can actually hold pass-pro long enough for AJ and Ross to work downfield. I want to see some holes opening up for the running game, I want to see some effort and not just phoning it in.

On D I want to see a team that actually seems like they care and are working together. I want to see some good fundamental wrap up tackling. I'd like to see some pressure from the front four. I'd like to see a turnover.

In short I want to see a team that looks like they know what they're doing and care what they're doing.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 01:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure we will see Ross open up our running game this Sunday. I think the Skins play him like they would anyone else. There isn't tape on him burning anyone deep or short in the NFL yet. Once that happens you will see teams starting to plan for him. 
I agree that the WRs need playing time together to get in sync with Andy. If anything else it will help Zampese start to formulate gameplans.

There is no way in hell they don't put a safety over the top of Ross...No way.  If they don't have BOTH safeties back, well, get your popcorn ready...

And if they do (logically), then our rushing attack should have a better day.  That's a part of the synergy of it all.  Bengals brass knew the last 1400 yard rusher was Rudi Johnson with Henry taking the top off defenses while Chad was on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 01:49 PM)corpjet Wrote: Here is what I want to see in order...

1.  No Injuries
2.  Chris Smith playing DE with the 1's
3.  A handful of plays targeting John Ross
4.  Our O-line to hold up against their 1's
5.  Our LB'ers to step up
6.  Some reps for Josh Shaw at Safety
7.  K Russel some snaps with the 1's opposite Dre and William Jackson
8.  The whiners on this board to leave
9.  No injuries
10. No Injuries

Can I add just one "Let's go" with a clap?  Fires my ass up...

In all seriousness, I love your list. 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 04:33 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: This is depressing -- I'm having flashbacks to Chuck Bresnahan.  Sad

That dumbass's rallying cry was "don't give up the big play"....

So, they would give up lots of high % success plays and never stop them.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
And we wonder why Zim always wanted us playing man coverage as opposed to zone...
Reply/Quote
I want to see a offense with all this paper talent actually put the ball in end zone
Dalton can spread the ball around to 5 to 7 different targets
It's not like the he's throwing to the Browns WRS and TEs
I want to.see Dalton have a clean pocket so he can set his feet and scan the field make his reads
Would be great.to see Mixon break off a highlight run

Defensively needs to get a attitude and set a tone .
Reply/Quote
Our line pass blocking well (specifically Ogbuehi).

That's all I NEED to see on offense.

I'd love to see Mixon break off a big play, but I'd also like him to establish himself as the man and separate himself from Hill. I'd like to see Ross gel into the offense and maybe go deep once or twice to let other teams know that they better start planning on playing defense with two safeties back. Also, a deep ball would mean that Andy had enough time to throw on a 7 (or even just 5, which is sad to have to say) step drop.

Actually, I lied because I also NEED to see Zampese with better play calling. This is the dress rehearsal, so hopefully it's not so vanilla.

On defense, I'd like to see some fire in our players, but I know it's kind of hard when we're playing more vanilla in the preseason. Still, I'd like to just see some emotion and excitement to be on the field.

Like I said, the vanilla nature of the preseason makes it tough, but I'd like to see some sort of pass rush. We need our ends to get to the quarterback because we already know Geno will.

I NEED to see us stop the run because, even in a more pass-oriented league, it all starts with stopping the run, especially with Le'Veon Bong in our division.

Mostly, I'd just like no injuries, on either side because it's bad karma to only wish it for your own team.

This game will tell me a lot.
Reply/Quote
One thing I'll actually be trying to pay attention to is how well Washington rookie C Chase Roullier does. He had been getting some praise in the offseason and TC, and now with Spencer Long out, he has an opportunity to start at C.

For those that don't know, I was pretty high on Roullier as a late-round sleeper in this past year's draft, and I was devastated and puzzled to see the Bengals go with JJ Dielman when Roullier was still on the board. Roullier fell because of his measurables, but he was very good both at LG and C at Wyoming.

With Roullier getting praise so far this offseason with Washington and now getting an opportunity to start in the "dress rehearsal, it looks like I might have been onto something with Roullier (so far anyway).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 11:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our line pass blocking well (specifically Ogbuehi).

That's all I NEED to see on offense.

I'd love to see Mixon break off a big play, but I'd also like him to establish himself as the man and separate himself from Hill.d like to see Ross gel into the offense and maybe go deep once or twice to let other teams know that they better start planning on playing defense with two safeties back. Also, a deep ball would mean that Andy had enough time to throw on a 7 (or even just 5, which is sad to have to say) step drop.

Actually, I lied because I also NEED to see Zampese with better play calling. This is the dress rehearsal, so hopefully it's not so vanilla.

On defense, I'd like to see some fire in our players, but I know it's kind of hard when we're playing more vanilla in the preseason. Still, I'd like to just see some emotion and excitement to be on the field.

Like I said, the vanilla nature of the preseason makes it tough, but I'd like to see some sort of pass rush. We need our ends to get to the quarterback because we already know Geno will.

I NEED to see us stop the run because, even in a more pass-oriented league, it all starts with stopping the run, especially with Le'Veon Bong in our division.

Mostly, I'd just like no injuries, on either side because it's bad karma to only wish it for your own team.

This game will tell me a lot.

Not gonna happen, Brad.

Not only will Hill be the starter, he will DOMINATE this year.

Give it up on Mixon being, "the man," for this year; only way that happens is if Hill gets a season-ending injury.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not gonna happen, Brad.

Give it up on Mixon being, "the man," for this year; only way that happens is if Hill gets a season-ending injury.

I have been on the "Hill is done wagon" the last couple of seasons, but I have to admit during this preseason that Hill is looking way better than the last couple of of years.
Reply/Quote

(08-25-2017, 11:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been on the "Hill is done wagon" the last couple of seasons, but I have to admit during this preseason that Hill is looking way better than the last couple of of years.

I think Hill will be overtaken by Mixon at some point. I don't think that based on his preseason so far that he has proven he'll have a beast year. I think people have been saying that since his rookie year and he's done nothing but disappoint. 

These are his preseason stats since he entered the league: 

2017 @ TB 7/26

2017 @ KC 6/28

2016 @ MIN  3/16
2016 @ DET  3/16/1 and 1/1 Receiving
2016 @ JAX   8/21/1 and 1/28 Receiving 

2015 @NYG  2/15
2015 @TB    4/16 and 1/2 Receiving
2015 @ CHI 11/46/1

2014 @ KC   6/36
2014 @ NYJ   3/16 and 2/13 Receiving
2014 @ ARI 12/48 and 2/10 Receiving
2014 @ IND 20/90 and 6/70 Receiving

Yes I know preseason matters little statistically, but that's all we can be basing our predictions on Hill at this moment.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been on the "Hill is done wagon" the last couple of seasons, but I have to admit during this preseason that Hill is looking way better than the last couple of of years.

Moreso than that, just seeing him on Instagram, he's been working his *** off considerably. Really think he'll do very well this year, especially being a contract year.

Same went for Burfict and Rey, Rey especially; guy was putting in MAJOR work, was much thinner and I can't believe how much someone can sweat, being shirtless lol.

But yes, those 3 were the ones that stood out as doing work; I follow basically the entire team on IG and the ones that don't post workouts, either don't work out or keep things private. Dingleberry, for example, posts a ton, but never anything about workouts or studying. Dunlap is good in that regard, he's almsot ALWAYS doing football-related things, save for when he's on vacation or getting his hair cut lol.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 12:53 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I think Hill will be overtaken by Mixon at some point. I don't think that based on his preseason so far that he has proven he'll have a beast year. I think people have been saying that since his rookie year and he's done nothing but disappoint. 

These are his preseason stats since he entered the league: 

2017 @ TB 7/26

2017 @ KC 6/28

2016 @ MIN  3/16
2016 @ DET  3/16/1 and 1/1 Receiving
2016 @ JAX   8/21/1 and 1/28 Receiving 

2015 @NYG  2/15
2015 @TB    4/16 and 1/2 Receiving
2015 @ CHI 11/46/1

2014 @ KC   6/36
2014 @ NYJ   3/16 and 2/13 Receiving
2014 @ ARI 12/48 and 2/10 Receiving
2014 @ IND 20/90 and 6/70 Receiving

Yes I know preseason matters little statistically, but that's all we can be basing our predictions on Hill at this moment.

Read my post above.

Guy will explode this year.
Reply/Quote

I'm gonna keep some Montgomery Inn bbq sauce on hand so you can eat these words by game 4. 

Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

There was a play I believe in the mid 1st quarter against the Chiefs where Hill ran into a basically wall of Chiefs and I was like oh well another 1 yard run for Jeremy. He popped outta there and if Og would have followed thru on his block Hill might a popped it big ? So he's not gonna fall down on 1st contact this season ? Sweet

Anyways it made me start having a little hope for him ! Perhaps the light has finally come on ? Fingers crossed because I could care less whether Hill, Mixon or Gio light it up this season. I hope all three do ! I just want the Bengals to win

I wouldn't mind seeing a two back set on occasion as a change of pace. Hill and Mixon in the backfield, AJ, and Ross wide, Eifert at TE. Defense says oh $h!t we have to cover the whole field.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 01:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna keep some Montgomery Inn bbq sauce on hand so you can eat these words by game 4. 

Wink

God, so damn good!

If only they cooked their ribs better, it would make the sauce awesome :).

Do they boil them first? That might be where I take issue with their cooking of them lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a play I believe in the mid 1st quarter against the Chiefs where Hill ran into a basically wall of Chiefs and I was like oh well another 1 yard run for Jeremy. He popped outta there and if Og would have followed thru on his block Hill might a popped it big ? So he's not gonna fall down on 1st contact this season ? Sweet

Anyways it made me start having a little hope for him ! Perhaps the light has finally come on ? Fingers crossed because I could care less whether Hill, Mixon or Gio light it up this season. I hope all three do ! I just want the Bengals to win

I wouldn't mind seeing a two back set on occasion as a change of pace. Hill and Mixon in the backfield, AJ, and Ross wide, Eifert at TE. Defense says oh $h!t we have to cover the whole field.

It would be a nightmare indeed. I'm really excited for this year! Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 10:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That dumbass's rallying cry was "don't give up the big play"....

So, they would give up lots of high % success plays and never stop them.  :paul:

The 06 MNF game against Indy summed that up. We never gave up the big play, Manning just dinked and dunked us down the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote