Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this sundays game vs. Skins
(08-25-2017, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a play I believe in the mid 1st quarter against the Chiefs where Hill ran into a basically wall of Chiefs and I was like oh well another 1 yard run for Jeremy. He popped outta there and if Og would have followed thru on his block Hill might a popped it big ? So he's not gonna fall down on 1st contact this season ? Sweet

Anyways it made me start having a little hope for him ! Perhaps the light has finally come on ? Fingers crossed because I could care less whether Hill, Mixon or Gio light it up this season. I hope all three do ! I just want the Bengals to win

I wouldn't mind seeing a two back set on occasion as a change of pace. Hill and Mixon in the backfield, AJ, and Ross wide, Eifert at TE. Defense says oh $h!t we have to cover the whole field.

I think i remember that Hill play, definately is a good sign if he improves.

With you all the way, no favorites just want the best players to get the most snaps so the Bengals win.

BTW, that is one hell of a set if Hill finally awakes. Shocked
Reply/Quote
I like best that it is SUNDAY NFL TV FOOTBALL.....I'm ready for SUNDAY NFL TV FOOTBALL...DAYTIME, NOT LATE NIGHT.....WE HAVE A GAME ON TV SUNDAY AFTERNOON instead of Meet The Press , NEWS TALKING HEADS, and old movies....WE HAVE A GAME ON.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We? Be my guest and quit prior to game number 1, but change it to "I" and not we

Thank you, some already giving up on the season...  lol
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not gonna happen, Brad.

Not only will Hill be the starter, he will DOMINATE this year.

Give it up on Mixon being, "the man," for this year; only way that happens is if Hill gets a season-ending injury.
What makes you think that Hill will suddenly DOMINATE when he has been garbage the past few years?

I admit that he has looked better than previous years, but he still doesn't look like anything too special.  He has looked average, while Mixon is already looking like he has the potential to be a superstar.
(08-25-2017, 11:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been on the "Hill is done wagon" the last couple of seasons, but I have to admit during this preseason that Hill is looking way better than the last couple of of years.
I agree that he has looked better, but still isn't hitting the holes at full speed and just running downhill and all over people.  He still looks like he tip-toes too much for my liking.

Maybe he's starting to get his confidence back.
(08-25-2017, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a play I believe in the mid 1st quarter against the Chiefs where Hill ran into a basically wall of Chiefs and I was like oh well another 1 yard run for Jeremy. He popped outta there and if Og would have followed thru on his block Hill might a popped it big ? So he's not gonna fall down on 1st contact this season ? Sweet

Anyways it made me start having a little hope for him ! Perhaps the light has finally come on ? Fingers crossed because I could care less whether Hill, Mixon or Gio light it up this season. I hope all three do ! I just want the Bengals to win

I wouldn't mind seeing a two back set on occasion as a change of pace. Hill and Mixon in the backfield, AJ, and Ross wide, Eifert at TE. Defense says oh $h!t we have to cover the whole field.

Not sure I remember the play, but Hill shouldn't have even run into the wall.  Backs have to hit the hole, but they also have to have vision to change directions and go to where there's an opening.

I don't care which one is doing it big, either, but I just fear Marvin's loyalty will keep giving Hill opportunities when he's clearly not the best back for this team and it will cost us drives and games.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 02:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: God, so damn good!

If only they cooked their ribs better, it would make the sauce awesome :).

Do they boil them first? That might be where I take issue with their cooking of them lol

I know there have been rib debates in the past and i...think...it was stated by some that worked there, that they do boil them. I could be wrong on that though. Hopefully someone in the know chimes in. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 02:14 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: God, so damn good!

If only they cooked their ribs better, it would make the sauce awesome :).

Do they boil them first? That might be where I take issue with their cooking of them lol

Montgomery Inn has fantastic food....
ribs are my favorite....
& they're nice ppl too... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2017, 10:19 PM)Steve Wrote:     this game, #3 will tell us a lot about this team.... good & bad....
we don't have to win, per se, but I want the first teams offense & defense to both look good.....

I want the offense to move the chains.....I don't need 50 yard bombs, i'd prefer safer routes, 5-20 yards at a time.....run the ball & avg at least 4 yrds per play....move the chains & score a few TD's......NO SACKS.!!!!

on "D" , I want a few sacks.....hold them to under 21 points...

no ST gaffs......all field goals made by both kickers....

final score prediction....
Bengals 25
Skins     20

& no injuries on either team...
I've been hoping the D has been holding back and is not as slow as they seem.  This week's game should tell us the truth about that.
Reply/Quote
As for this preseason game telling us how NFL season will go....WRONG....Go back to preseason week 3 of 2016. You will find no inside info on how that season went.....What this game is, the starters get stretched out and play the first half. They need stretched out to be up to going full game in 2 weeks. Starters get stretched out first half and then in last preseason game a few days later they won't play at all because team will already be in BALTIMORE game mode. I know, ESPN and NFL Network are making a big deal over preseason. Not unlike 24 hour political news shows. When you are on air 24 hours a day, you have to fill air time. So they make more out of preseason than it really is. These are no more important than preseason baseball or preseason basketball games. The starters will get stretched out the first half and that is where we hope for NO MAJOR INJURIES. The second half the subs come in and team will look at bubble players because cuts are quickly coming. Some of these on the bubble players are running out of time. The team has no choice, cuts have to be made. This team has pick their team and put the focus on BALTIMORE RAVENS game.

I'll watch the game Sunday, but it is just stretching out the starters and in vanilla packages and hoping for no injuries. Just trying to get the players ready for the long regular season and hopefully post season. Preseason week 3 is not life and death as ESPN and NFL Network make them out to be. I heard NFL Network saying because of preseason week 3 Jacksonville's 2 QB's are not the future, and that is insane to say over preseason game 3. Wel Ferrell in Anchorman 2 is great about 24 hour a day news stations. 24 hour a day sports news stations are even worse because there isn't 24 hours of sports news, there just isn't. So like the Wil Ferrell movie they fill the time with a lot on nonsense, such as beating every preseason game to death like it's The Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 11:52 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have been on the "Hill is done wagon" the last couple of seasons, but I have to admit during this preseason that Hill is looking way better than the last couple of of years.

Yes but it is his contract year I don't really want a player that only plays hard when its his contract year and you draft a young rookie at his spot. We should use Hill this year but I don't care to see him signed at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't really care what the final score is, I mean sure a win is better but it's not what's important at this point !

I want to see the 1st team O able to close ! We don't have a 1st team TD yet. I want to see something other than 1.12 second pass plays, I want to see if Ced O and the O-line can actually hold pass-pro long enough for AJ and Ross to work downfield. I want to see some holes opening up for the running game, I want to see some effort and not just phoning it in.

On D I want to see a team that actually seems like they care and are working together. I want to see some good fundamental wrap up tackling. I'd like  to see some pressure from the front four. I'd like to see a turnover.

In short I want to see a team that looks like they know what they're doing and care what they're doing.
TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 01:25 PM)Derrick Wrote: TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS.

Same here, need to see the team caring.

The shit we saw last week was bit embarrassing even if it was a Preseason game you can judge nothing off of.

You can judge the effort.
Reply/Quote
I honestly believe if you don't think last week should give you a reason to worry, then your mistaken. Yes, its preseason, but when your team comes on the field and act as if they don't know fundamental football and have a lack of effort like they displayed? Then be elated in a 6-10 season and don't complain about it midway. No, its not about the final score in preseason, most of us get that. Yet, it is about preparation for the regular season. If you don't take it serious, your going to get killed when it counts.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 02:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I honestly believe if you don't think last week should give you a reason to worry, then your mistaken. Yes, its preseason, but when your team comes on the field and act as if they don't know fundamental football and have a lack of effort like they displayed? Then be elated in a 6-10 season and don't complain about it midway. No, its not about the final score in preseason, most of us get that. Yet, it is about preparation for the regular season. If you don't take it serious, your going to get killed when it counts.

If they show that same shit we saw last week on Sunday i will definately be concerned.

But then i go back to 2015 when we got a mud hole stomped in our ass by the Bucs in the 3rd Preseason game...

We went on to win 8 in a row in the regular season and were arguably the best team in football.

Preseason is weird man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If they show that same shit we saw last week on Sunday i will definately be concerned.

But then i go back to 2015 when we got a mud hole stomped in our ass by the Bucs in the 3rd Preseason game...

We went on to win 8 in a row in the regular season and were arguably the best team in football.

Preseason is weird man. Mellow

We have a lot of spoiled kids on our team. Paul Brown would be pissed!

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 02:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We have a lot of spoiled kids on our team. Paul Brown would be pissed!

At the coaches who let this complacency happen...

I think we actually have a ton of classy players - Green, Dalton, Gio, Boling, Eifert, Ross, Geno, Carlos, Billings, Willis, Lawson, Chris Smith, George of the Jungle, Shawn, Fej, Vigil, WJ3 and then we have Adam Jones, Dre and maybe Hill who seem to act like spoiled kids at times.

Overall we are a pretty classy team, maybe i didn't get your sarcasm though Harley lol

Happens to to me sometimes and goes right over my head. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: At the coaches who let this complacency happen...

I think we actually have a ton of classy players - Green, Dalton, Gio, Boling, Eifert, Ross, Geno, Carlos, Billings, Willis, Lawson, Chris Smith, George of the Jungle, Shawn, Fej, Vigil, WJ3 and then we have Adam Jones, Dre and maybe Hill who seem to act like spoiled kids at times.

Overall we are a pretty classy team, maybe i didn't get your sarcasm though Harley lol

Happens to to me sometimes and goes right over my head. Nervous

We do have some classy guys on our team as well. However right now I'm focused on attitude and heart. Flamboyance causes missed tackles and over pursuit. We have a ton of this. We have cockiness in some players beyond belief. You would think we won a SB 10yrs consecutively. When Dre gets on the field tomorrow, we will have drama 10 times that of Facebook! This organization needs a stern, hard nosed coach to bring them back to earth and remove the mouse out of the wheel. Just giving my opinion ladies and gentlemen. Right now we suck. We have zero discipline and 40% accountability. We have a worthless owner and even worse coaching staff. We live in sewer of the NFL.

I love this fuggin team. Yet every year it's the same crap! Somebody hold someone accountable so we can at least improve. We have great players, but they are coached badly. If we were disciplined, porter wouldn't have made a difference and we would have won a fuggin playoff game, with a back-up QB against our arch nemesis. That would have been huge, but we fuggin blew it. We can't continue to accept status quo.

Oh, but we draft well? Yeah we do, but it's like handing the keys to a brand new Ferrari to a 10yr old kid who doesn't know how to drive. WTF do you think is going to happen?

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2017, 06:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What makes you think that Hill will suddenly DOMINATE when he has been garbage the past few years?

I admit that he has looked better than previous years, but he still doesn't look like anything too special.  He has looked average, while Mixon is already looking like he has the potential to be a superstar.

Contract year, looks great, worked super hard in the offseason, etc.

Mixon has looked worse in EVERY facet, in the first two games, save for the passing game; almost significantly worse.

You're a homer for him, I know that, but don't be blind to the truth and always remember to be realistic.

(08-25-2017, 09:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know there have been rib debates in the past and i...think...it was stated by some that worked there, that they do boil them. I could be wrong on that though. Hopefully someone in the know chimes in. 

Gotcha, it makes sense.

This afternoon, I drove about an hour and a half outside the city (northeast, near Peterborough, if you ever come to Ontario lol), to a place I saw last week when I went fishing with my dad; noticed that it was featured on the Food Network, so we stopped in. They do their wings with no sauce and their ribs with a simple ketchup and brown sugar sauce.

I can honestly say that they were better than Montgomery Inn; I need good sauce AND good cooking for my ribs and this was superb.

(08-25-2017, 11:37 PM)Steve Wrote: Montgomery Inn has fantastic food....
ribs are my favorite....
& they're nice ppl too... Tongue

Loved it there; was a great meal and great to see all of the memorabilia!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice write-up from Dayton Daily News:

Quote:For the third time in four years the Cincinnati Bengals will play their “dress rehearsal” third preseason game on national television when they visit the Washington Redskins at 4:30 p.m. Sunday.

The game, which will unofficially break the 27-27 tie the teams played to 301 days ago in London, likely will mark the last time the majority of the starters will play before the regular-season opener due to the quick turnaround for the preseason finale Thursday at Indianapolis.
The Bengals played Sunday night football in Week 3 of the preseason in 2014 (at Arizona) and 2016 (at Jacksonville). They also had nationally televised games in 2013 (at Atlanta) and 2015 (at Tampa Bay).
Here are seven things to watch in Sunday’s game at Washington:
Ross, at last
Coach Marvin Lewis continued to play coy on the topic of rookie first-round pick John Ross, saying Friday that “chances are he’ll step on the field.” All Lewis meant is Ross will travel with the team and go through pregame workouts, as he has the last two weeks despite not playing.
But Ross, who had offseason labrum surgery, has been a full participant in practice for two weeks and was “running” routes in the Friday walk-through. And he and several teammates intimated he will debut in Washington .
In addition to running routes and catching passes, the Bengals want to see what Ross can do as a punt returner, something he hasn’t looked completely comfortable doing in training camp.
“I’d like to see him in a preseason game to see how he reacts,” special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons. “It’s something he hasn’t done since his freshman year at Washington. It’s been a while.
“It’s very difficult to replicate games,” Simmons added. “The decision-making part of it, as I’ve stated a jillion times, is very, very, very important. Until they’re out there in the fire, it’s a scary proposition.”
Elusive end zone
The first-team offense has yet to score a touchdown in four drives this preseason despite driving into opposing territory three times and reaching the red zone twice.
Two of the four possessions resulted in field goals, but one ended with quarterback Andy Dalton throwing an interception at the 1-yard line and the other was derailed by a second-down sack, leading to a three-and-out.
›› Dalton, first-team offense have had success in past dress rehearsal games
“We haven’t converted some third downs, we had a dropped ball, but maybe the ball wasn’t where it was supposed to be location-wise,” Lewis said. “But believe me, other than one three-and-out series, we’ve been able to move the ball with those guys (first-team offense), which is important.”
Dalton said he expects to play the first half, which would give the group a handful of chances to get into the end zone.
Sack attack
One of the biggest keys to the season will be if left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi and right tackle Jake Fisher can anchor a revamped offensive line a year after opponents sacked Dalton 41 times.
Follow Jay Morrison on Twitter
Three of those sacks came in the 27-27 tie in London against a Redskins team that would finish tied for ninth in the NFL with 38 sacks. And the Washington pass rush got even better in April when the team drafted a pair of Alabama products in defensive lineman Jonathan Allen — a player many Bengals fans had hoped the team would take — and outside linebacker Ryan Anderson.
The first-team offensive line, which played the first half in each of the first two games, has allowed one sack. The Redskins have recorded nine sacks in their first two games.
Challenged corners
The Bengals have started Darqueze Dennard and William Jackson in the first two games in hopes of getting more chances to evaluate them and decide which will start the opener while Adam Jones is suspended.
But Tampa Bay and Kansas City utilized a quick, short passing attack that didn’t give Dennard and Jackson much of a test.
That shouldn’t be the case with Kirk Cousins and the Redskins receivers.
›› Bengals weighing options at safety with Williams out
“We haven’t seen a lot of 5- or 7-step drop so to speak,” defensive coordinator Paul Guenther said. “They have two more games to prove it. I don’t think Will has had a ball caught on him yet, but he hasn’t had much action.
“It’s not just the coverage, it’s the run support, it’s technique,” he added. “We have to decide who’s going to take that spot over in the first game.”
Trash talk
Speaking of the receiver-cornerback matchups, an interesting — and possibly explosive — one could occur if the Bengals elect to play Jones and he finds himself covering former teammate Terrelle Pryor.
Remember Jones’ postgame antics in Cleveland last year?
Jones repeatedly called Pryor, who had one catch for 3 yards, “garbage” and said he had no respect for him, then shook a trash can and said, “You in there?”
More Mixon
The starters are expected to play more, and Joe Mixon is not a starter. But that doesn’t mean Mixon won’t get more opportunities as well.
After an impressive debut against Tampa Bay, Mixon managed 16 yards on six rushes last week vs. Kansas City.
“It was different types of plays that we were running,” running backs coach Kyle Caskey said. “He didn’t get the chances he got in the first game to show off the versatility he has, the explosiveness. Those kind of games happen, especially in the preseason when there is no flow to anything.”