Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this sundays game vs. Skins
(08-26-2017, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cool beans on the ribs. It's amazing the flavors one can come up with simply by being willing to experiment. The wife and i went to Outback a couple weeks ago and she took a bite of her steak with nothing on it and went "mmmmmmm". So i did the same thing (i know all the steak snobs on here are going to wrinkle their nose at this--i was waiting for some A1...BECAUSE I LOVE A1 ON MY STEAK OK!!!???!!!!!) and boy was it good! So i ended up eating half the steak with nothing on it at all. 

Yuuuuum. 

Many often eat a good steak without sauce. I am a fan of A1. However, if I get a nice juicy steak? No A1. If its dry and lacks flavor, then I kick it with A1. Your not going to get a lot of kickback on that one.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2017, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't really care what the final score is, I mean sure a win is better but it's not what's important at this point !

I want to see the 1st team O able to close ! We don't have a 1st team TD yet. I want to see something other than 1.12 second pass plays, I want to see if Ced O and the O-line can actually hold pass-pro long enough for AJ and Ross to work downfield. I want to see some holes opening up for the running game, I want to see some effort and not just phoning it in.

On D I want to see a team that actually seems like they care and are working together. I want to see some good fundamental wrap up tackling. I'd like  to see some pressure from the front four. I'd like to see a turnover.

In short I want to see a team that looks like they know what they're doing and care what they're doing.

I guess you missed last weeks game..  1/3 of the pass attempts were thrown down field 15 yards or more, probably 40 percent were thrown 10 yards or more. Andy averaged almost 15 yards a catch last week.... that is not a bunch of quick pass completions 
Reply/Quote
Well, there you go. Browns played a good fundamental game against a team that made us look silly and won. They showed a lot of maturity and seems Hugh is doing a great job with these kids. I know it's preseason, but it was a nice display of fundamental football for those who watched. Defense didnt fly by tackles and miss, they wrapped up. Very nice discipline there. I think we may have a reason to be concerned when we play them this year. AFCN has always been a tough division. It may be tougher now. We have to show a lot of improvement tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 11:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, there you go. Browns played a good fundamental game against a team that made us look silly and won. They showed a lot of maturity and seems Hugh is doing a great job with these kids. I know it's preseason, but it was a nice display of fundamental football for those who watched. Defense didnt fly by tackles and miss, they wrapped up. Very nice discipline there. I think we may have a reason to be concerned when we play them this year. AFCN has always been a tough division. It may be tougher now. We have to show a lot of improvement tomorrow.
22-13  vs. 13-9  .. oh yes.. really such a fundamental difference between the two games.. thanks for the good laugh before bed... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 12:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 22-13  vs. 13-9  .. oh yes.. really such a fundamental difference between the two games.. thanks for the good laugh before bed... Hilarious

Your right. I screwed that post up pretty good. It was KC who killed us, not TB. Oh well, it wont be the last time Bud Light made me look, well, kinda silly. But, if you seen the game and can look past my mistake, you would have seen the Browns play a good fundamental game. I believe we have another concern in our division. You may not be on board with that opinion, but I think they are going to win more than 1 game this year.

How will you feel if they win 1 against us? 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 12:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your right. I screwed that post up pretty good. It was KC who killed us, not TB. Oh well, it wont be the last time Bud Light made me look, well, kinda silly. But, if you seen the game and can look past my mistake, you would have seen the Browns play a good fundamental game. I believe we have another concern in our division. You may not be on board with that opinion, but I think they are going to win more than 1 game this year.

How will you feel if they win 1 against us? 

The Browns have went 3-13 and 1-15 over the last two seasons and still don't really have a QB. Having said that I bet they finish in the 6 -7 win area and are competitive in several games this season. I'd bet they put us to the test and I wouldn't at all rule out a win against us as you say.

Marvin has quite the record for adding a win onto the Browns bad seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The Browns have went 3-13 and 1-15 over the last two seasons and still don't really have a QB. Having said that I bet they finish in the 6 -7 win area and are competitive in several games this season. I'd bet they put us to the test and I wouldn't at all rule out a win against us as you say.

Marvin has quite the record for adding a win onto the Browns bad seasons. 

Well, as I deal with the embarrassment of post#63 in this thread, I will say i thought they played fundamental football last night. I agree, they are going to get some wins this year. They won't dominate by any means, but they look nothing like the Browns of last year.

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping to see the defense perform better this week. It's going to be interesting to see how they cover TE Reed with Williams out. He torched us last year, should be a good test. Hopefully the pass rush will ease these things. And who's not excited to see AJ, Ross, Eifert and company on the field together? Mixon makes this even more potent. Hopefully, the OL gives them what they need to excel.  WhoDey2
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hoping for improvement this week.
Reply/Quote
Eifert being held out...team is afraid he might be broken if he plays. He is the only healthy scratch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see him back on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 03:51 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hoping for improvement this week.

Well we finally scored a TD, plus had a defensive score and three straight 3 and outs.. I believe you got your wish
Reply/Quote
I thought we looked good offensively in the 1st quarter. Fisher seemed to give up some pressures. The rest of the line looked ok. Ced seemed to do pretty well on pulling blocks, although I'd like to see him be more physical. There was a time when a DB was there and he gave him a light push when he should have knocked him down.

Mixon does indeed look a lot like L. Bell. There was one play in particular where he made a cut and made I believe it was Josh Norman fall down.

Dalton made some nice throws. He was under pressure on some and still made a nice throw for Green for a 1st down. Green had some good catches.

Ross looked fast. They sent him on a reverse early and you could see his speed before he got the ball.

Defensively we got pressure. MJ seemed to step it up. Lawson looked fabulous rushing from the outside and he was going against a really good Tackle. Willis played well in the 2nd half.

Mixon and Lawson could end up the stars of this draft class. Ross and Willis have a ton of potential too.
Reply/Quote
Did Malone play???
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I thought we looked good offensively in the 1st quarter. Fisher seemed to give up some pressures. The rest of the line looked ok. Ced seemed to do pretty well on pulling blocks, although I'd like to see him be more physical. There was a time when a DB was there and he gave him a light push when he should have knocked him down.

Mixon does indeed look a lot like L. Bell. There was one play in particular where he made a cut and made I believe it was Josh Norman fall down.

Dalton made some nice throws. He was under pressure on some and still made a nice throw for Green for a 1st down. Green had some good catches.

Ross looked fast. They sent him on a reverse early and you could see his speed before he got the ball.

Defensively we got pressure. MJ seemed to step it up. Lawson looked fabulous rushing from the outside and he was going against a really good Tackle. Willis played well in the 2nd half.

Mixon and Lawson could end up the stars of this draft class. Ross and Willis have a ton of potential too.

I saw what i wanted to see. Great analysis of the game and the players Pistons.

Mixon did make Norman miss who is a very good tackling CB, maybe the best. Mixon looks special all by himself, i seriously
think this guy can be a super star. His vision and elusiveness for his size is very rare. A true talent. I see the Bell comparison.

Mixon can make something out of nothing at times. Bell has had an O-line in front of him that is allowed to hold though.

Lots of great things yesterday to behold on both sides of the ball, love our young pass rushers. Like you said, that was Trent
Williams that Lawson was beating. Willis is a man, this guy should get the most snaps besides Dunlap at End IMHO.

Loved seeing Ross out there.

But i am pissed about the Burfict suspension, it better be reduced, frickin ridiculous. Whatever
Reply/Quote