Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
(10-28-2019, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: List all the players that do not like to play here.

Let me know when it exceeds AB and Bell. 

Glenn. Dillon. Palmer. Spikes. Joseph. Pickens. Whitworth felt burned by the organization to the point he still refers to it. I could go on and on.

Could you make a list that long of the Steelers stars?

We'll see what happens with Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn. Dillon. Palmer. Spikes. Joseph. Pickens. Whitworth felt burned by the organization to the point he still refers to it. I could go on and on.

Im sure there is a lot more that maybe arent as vocal. We've heard it stated publicly many times by various agents on how this isn't a coveted spot in free agency.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just saying the Steelers and Jaguars both rewarded players for complaining and they're doing better than we are.  It's all good...we ain't gonna buy and we ain't gonna sell and it's all good because we are 0-8.

And I bought up the QB situations of the Steelers and the Jaguars because you said they are marginally better than us, and I just think they're both doing significantly better than us when you factor in their surprise backup QB seasons and that we were apparently in win-now mode.

But all the same, I hope Cordy Glenn rots on his couch so we can win something this year.  We may as well win a staring contest with a marginal playeer.

Jalen Ramsey is not the same level of asset as Cordy Glenn. Ramsey is a jackass, but he's the best cover corner in the league and a difference maker. One of the ten best players in the game today. Glenn is a fat oaf. I know you'll call me out for selective discipline, but it's a reality. I live an hour from Jax and I know all about them. JAX is a small market, just like Cincy, but they do have a dedicated owner who wants badly to win. They did NOT want to deal Ramsey and they wouldn't have just taken *anything* for him. The Rams paid a hefty price and the Jags had to take it. Cincy doesn't have a single player who compares to Jalen Ramsey, but if we did and the same situation presented itself, the reality is, we'd have to eventually fold. Now, If we can find someone to give us even one 1st rounder for Cordy, then yeah. I'll look the other way. But spin it however you want - a middling player like Cordy Glenn should not be able to manipulate his way out of a situation he doesn't like. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 08:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Green is the only one who matters on that list. Glenn wants out. Ross really has never arrived, except for one game. He's now missed 50% of the games since he was drafted and he'll be out at least another 4 games. Williams is an unknown.

Injuries are not why this team is playing so poorly because the only vital player on that list is Green. The rest either haven't contributed much or want out.

I get that stance, but I don't agree with it.
Sure, Ross and Williams aren't elite players, but they are both first overall picks who haven't played much this season. And in regards to Ross, he was about the only thing going decently well in September. Whether you want to admit it or not, he's continued to improve year after year. You just wanted him to be elite and injury-free as a rookie and it didn't happen so you wrote him off as never being a good player. I think most people, until they see otherwise, think that Williams would be the second-best, if not the best, OL on the team right now if he were playing. Obviously, wait and see, but it's easier to be optimistic about someone who hasn't played yet vs pessimistic.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
At the end of the day, none of this really matters. From a purely fan and emotional standpoint, I'd love to keep AJ and Geno until they retire. Two great players who it's been a real pleasure to watch. From a business standpoint, it's beyond time to turn over the roster.

This team is in desperate need of a rebuild. The OLine and LBs are abysmal. Our DLine isn't producing as it should. We overpaid 1 RB we barely use and our talented RB hasn't done much. There have been a couple of bright spots at WR, but we need more than Boyd and Tate. Our DBs have regressed terribly and they can't seem to catch anything. We are several starters away from being truly competitive.

The issue is that I don't think ownership/management can fix this either way. People keep mentioning a rebuild can be done in 2 years. Do they not know who runs this ship? Even if we do the smart thing and trade away a bunch of players, get a bunch of picks, and free up a bunch of space, odds are they'll swing and miss on the picks. Also, we're not known for being players in free agency. Even if we rolled into next year with $80m in space, what do we think the team would really do? Before free agency starts they'll cry poor and put out an article about really only having $25m in space and how they'll have to comb through the leftovers.

I'm a lifelong fan and I will continue to be a fan. Mike Brown and his family make it so god damn hard though.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that stance, but I don't agree with it.
Sure, Ross and Williams aren't elite players, but they are both first overall picks who haven't played much this season. And in regards to Ross, he was about the only thing going decently well in September. Whether you want to admit it or not, he's continued to improve year after year. You just wanted him to be elite and injury-free as a rookie and it didn't happen so you wrote him off as never being a good player. I think most people, until they see otherwise, think that Williams would be the second-best, if not the best, OL on the team right now if he were playing. Obviously, wait and see, but it's easier to be optimistic about someone who hasn't played yet vs pessimistic.

Maybe...totally healthy...we have 2 wins.

The defense, even when healthy has been horrible. Last week, the defensive line and LB's were totally healthy.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 10:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe...totally healthy...we have 2 wins.

The defense, even when healthy has been horrible. Last week, the defensive line and LB's were totally healthy.

I don't think they were referring to the defense when they were saying they want to analyze their roster once people are back to health though.
I don't see how they can keep Anarumo after this season, but he wasn't the first choice to be DC in the first place so that probably won't be a hard decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is a picture of a apathetic loser who doesn't care about winning...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that stance, but I don't agree with it.

One good game does not make a starting player, at any position.

To expect more than an occasional good performance would be putting hope ahead of the facts.

Reply/Quote

"Common Sense..." LMAO
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Live look at trade negotiations at PBS.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this will upset some if true.  On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.  
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future.  The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.  

I have not heard any rumors for Atkins or others.  

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/aj-green-wont-be-traded-unless-bengals-get-overthetop-obscene-offer-596191.html

Love AJ, but i would go for that no problem...

Deadline is Noon today correct?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love AJ, but i would go for that no problem...

Deadline is Noon today correct?

Deadline is 4pm
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glenn. Dillon. Palmer. Spikes. Joseph. Pickens. Whitworth felt burned by the organization to the point he still refers to it. I could go on and on.

If you see my post said "do not" it didn't say "did not". So you've got Glenn.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is good for the Bengals regarding Glenn I would think...

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Whitworth felt burned by the organization to the point he still refers to it. I could go on and on.

You mean you could go on and on making stuff up.

Whitworth still loves the Bengals and harbors no ill will against them.

Read this. (don't know why I can't cut and paste quotes)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/31/despite-team-divorce-bengals-still-andrew-whitworth-super-bowl/2735871002/
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean you could go on and on making stuff up.

Whitworth still loves the Bengals and harbors no ill will against them.

Read this. (don't know why I can't cut and paste quotes)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/31/despite-team-divorce-bengals-still-andrew-whitworth-super-bowl/2735871002/
Quotes from an article Melissa Whitworth wrote. Yeah, I'd say he felt burned. You don't have to come out and trash an organization to feel burned or betrayed by them.

“We don’t have Andrew valued at that price,” Blackburn said. “He is an aging left tackle. Our offer stands. It will not increase. If he chooses to leave Cincinnati, all good things must come to an end, I guess.” Wow. That was it. Cincinnati didn’t “value Andrew” the way other teams seemed to. It was hurtful and felt personal. We sat in silence for a few minutes not believing what we had just read.

Had anyone ever told them in their job, after more than a decade of blind loyalty, leadership, and sacrifice they weren’t “valuable enough to keep?”

“Baby, daddy didn’t choose to leave Cincinnati. They decided to let him leave. He wasn’t as important to them as we thought he would be.
Reply/Quote
The Benching of Dalton could mean several things...It could mean that Dalton is on trading block and several teams need a QB like the Broncos. It could also mean that Green may be open to a trade...

At least the Bengal organization is showing a pulse.

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 01:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is good for the Bengals regarding Glenn I would think...

For about the next 3.5 hours. The deadline is at 4.
Reply/Quote