Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we lost by two points on the road to the 11- 3 chargers
(12-14-2018, 11:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not this year they haven't and Dalton didn't play well when the D was playing bad. Driskel at least puts up a fight even if all the stars are not in line.

If handing the ball of is putting up a fight, then yes, yes he did.

Other than that I think Defenses will take a 174 yard fight through the air any day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: If handing the ball of is putting up a fight, then yes, yes he did.

Other than that I think Defenses will take a 174 yard fight through the air any day.
Compared to Daltons 2.0 % QB rating get back with me when Driskel has his 2.0 % QB rating game against the Browns no less.
Reply/Quote
I don't care about things that happened 4 years ago. Dalton has long rebounded from that game to have a career year the following year.

I care about what I see this season, and I'm just not going to crown a qb after a 174 yard outing.

If you want to talk stats and %'s tho, "get back at me" when Driskel wins a game. Until then, I'll take Daltons winning % over Driskels current one.

Outside of that, I do think Driskel has potential and is a better prospect then McCarron. Although McCarron had the big game experience. I just think it's a little premature to crown him based of the strong run game and defense plan they had against the Chargers.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 11:52 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Dalton folds like a lawn chair in some games. Do you really think the D would be playing this good with Dalton at the helm? They didn't start playing decent till they got a QB that they think can get the team wins.

Wow........ I think I have read it all now, AD's fault the D can't tackle or cover anyone.......
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wow........ I think I have read it all now, AD's fault the D can't tackle or cover anyone.......

I think his name gives away where most of his thought processes are coming from. Anyone who sees our performance as anything more then a team overlooking a shitty team when they have a short week against the top team in the conference doesn't pay much attention to football. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wow........ I think I have read it all now, AD's fault the D can't tackle or cover anyone.......
Wasn't everyone giving that excuse for Dalton this year saying Dalton sees the D give up an easy touchdown drive the first drive of the game because we always defer. And that in turn takes the wind out of Dalton sails by knowing he will have to put up 30 plus points with Austains defense. Its a two way street don't you think it works the other way around as well. When the QB is playing good the defense is jacked up playing hard. When the QB is folding the defense follows suit and folds as well. Not saying this happens on every NFL team but it does happen on teams that the head coach has lost the respect of the players like this team.
Reply/Quote
A 7 - 9 Seahawks team beat a 11-5 saints team We lost to Tj Yates. Buccs are no pushover only give Ravens 60 chance. Pats dont lose 2 in a row this late in the season Steelers not beating Drew in the dome. Chargers should handle Ravens in LA. we will have all momentum riding a two game winning streak against the Steelers riding a 5 game losing streak. If we can beat browns and raiders. not only that we could potentially get LA Chargers in the freezing cold in Cincinnatti
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: A 7 - 9 Seahawks team beat a 11-5 saints team We lost to Tj Yates. Buccs are no pushover only give Ravens 60 chance. Pats dont lose 2 in a row this late in the season Steelers not beating Drew in the dome. Chargers should handle Ravens in LA. we will have all momentum riding a two game winning streak against the Steelers riding a 5 game losing streak. If we can beat browns and raiders.

I appreciate your optimism, but you realize the better we do, the longer Merv will be our HC, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hate seeing the Bengals lose, but last Sunday I can honestly say after the game ended I was relieved they didnt win...I think a lot of Bengals fans felt that way and that is not good.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Come on people even a glimmer of a chance to break the playoff drought and some of you don't want that to happen shame on you. we may never get this close again.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I appreciate your optimism, but you realize the better we do, the longer Merv will be our HC, right?

Oh man, I sure know where you're coming from.   I want the current coaching staff to go - at least most of it, and I want a nice high draft pick.

But for me I'll take winning if it means that several players are coming into their own and have the potential to add to our core next year.  

I'll be really excited if Ross continues to step it up (stop giving up on routes and generally be more aggressive in his routes). Ringo continues to play good ball in the middle, Billings becomes more consistent  in his run fits and improve his hand technique, Vigil continues on an upward course, Driskel continues to improve, Core continues to make plays, Westerman puts together a consistent chain of good games, Price improves at Center, Phillips starts to be where he should and play the ball in the air better...

I'll take that over a couple of draft picks - as much as I want impact players in the top of the first three rounds (Not impossible if we draft in the top half of the draft).

And please, for the love of God, do not draft a QB in the first two rounds like James Rapien and Joe Goodberry want to do!
Reply/Quote
Lawd. We 5-8 and "may never get this close again"?

Did I miss the sarcasm in the OP?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 12:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't care about things that happened 4 years ago. Dalton has long rebounded from that game to have a career year the following year.

I care about what I see this season, and I'm just not going to crown a qb after a 174 yard outing.

If you want to talk stats and %'s tho, "get back at me" when Driskel wins a game. Until then, I'll take Daltons winning % over Driskels current one.

Outside of that, I do think Driskel has potential and is a better prospect then McCarron. Although McCarron had the big game experience. I just think it's a little premature to crown him based of the strong run game and defense plan they had against the Chargers.
I am not saying crown Driskel that is what I want to get away from make the players fight it out for the right to start. Next year let Dalton and Driskel fight for the starting job and may the best man win. Like the Bullock and Elliot {spelling} fight a few years ago draft pick be damned in that case and Daltons paycheck should not have any impact on who starts the best QB starts. That might light a fire under Daltons sorry AZZ and make him a better QB competition breeds excellence. Don't just hand the job back to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Lawd. We 5-8 and "may never get this close again"?

Did I miss the sarcasm in the OP?

Yeah didn't ya hear we almost beat the Chargers.

Obviously we going all the way now.

****, this deserves a  Who Dey

Reply/Quote
If/only Mahomes would have played better last night maybe his defense would have rallied around him and they would have won. Not to mention -Never mind ticky tack calls/non calls/make up calls at the end of the game.

Andy Dalton was the season MVP up until and through the Steelers game.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 09:18 AM)motoarch Wrote: The playoff system is kinda broken when you consider the chargers will not get a home playoff game but what ever crap team wins our division will.

Eh. From what little I saw if the Chargers game, it sounded like it was a pro Bengals crowd. They don't have much of a home field advantage out there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:48 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If/only Mahomes would have played better last night maybe his defense would have rallied around him and they would have won. Not to mention -Never mind ticky tack calls/non calls/make up calls at the end of the game.

Andy Dalton was the season MVP up until and through the Steelers game.
Andy Dalton was playing decent till AJ got injured then Dalton forgot he had other WR. Yes he threw the ball to Boyd but when AJ went out he didn't even target him as much. Andy did not throw much to Core or Ross since Driskel has been in both of them has gotten many more targets which in turn will help develop both players. But even when AJ was healthy Dalton was not targeting other WR only AJ and Boyd so the other guys did not develop at all under Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Man, reading this thread makes me want to hit the bong a few times, and pass off some cloud talk as actual insight.. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 02:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: on the road no less. regardless of being without our number 1 qb , receiver tightend 3rd best pass rusher, and with a little luck we still have the potential to win our first playoff game in 26 years. I give it a 5 percent chance of happening but its better than nothing.

We've lost 7 of our last 8...and we lose a close game...and people are talking playoff win!

Meanwhile, 2 teams with 2 wins actually won last week. I'm sure their fans don't mistake them for a good team!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:22 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am not saying crown Driskel that is what I want to get away from make the players fight it out for the right to start. Next year let Dalton and Driskel fight for the starting job and may the best man win. Like the Bullock and Elliot {spelling} fight a few years ago draft pick be damned in that case and Daltons paycheck should not have any impact on who starts the best QB starts. That might light a fire under Daltons sorry AZZ and make him a better QB competition breeds excellence. Don't just hand the job back to Dalton.

Pretty sure Dalton has beaten Jake's sorry AZZ every preseason. He beats him in the eyeball test on Sundays too. He pretty much beats him out in every way possible except for maybe foot speed.

If they were to draft a QB high, and have a competition with Dalton next year so be it. Driskell isn't the answer though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote