Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we lost by two points on the road to the 11- 3 chargers
(12-14-2018, 06:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think he remembers how well Dalton played at the end of last season without AJ against Detroit and Baltimore (Core's breakout game) either.
Cores breakout game was in 2016 two years ago bro. Last year it was Boyd I want some of what your smoking JJ.
Reply/Quote
Well we do share "interests". Yours seems to have done the trick today tho so I think you should be the one sending me the early xmas gift.

Was it two years ago? You may have got me on that. I thought it was the same year Boling started at LT to end the year. Maybe that was two years ago. These last 3 years have began to seem the same.

Every year is groundhogs day for us Bengal fans so my apologies if I can't get these years right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well we do share "interests". Yours seems to have done the trick today tho so I think you should be the one sending me the early xmas gift.

Was it two years ago? You may have got me on that. I thought it was the same year Boling started at LT to end the year. Maybe that was two years ago.
Yeah last year I do not think Core had a catch. 
Reply/Quote
You're right. Last year was the Boyds breakout game. The dead cat bounce was last year too, and I remember Gio got us through Detroit game, but I'm getting my Baltimore games confused.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
^My Bengals theme song.

Reply/Quote
Dalton would've crossed the goal line with authority.

Not like that pussified attempt to "give himself up" like girlyman Driskel.

Ninja
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It all starts in the trenches no doubt. Pollack has not done near as good as i thought he would this year

Easy now, it's a tough job trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  Let's give coach Pollack a break, he's improved the run blocking exponentially this year compared to last, and he can't control what players he has to work with.  This past week was the first game since early in the season that we saw Billy Price being Billy Price.  The inside runs were working, and that is a credit to Pollack.  

Now, part of that could have been because Cordy Glenn was out of the lineup, and Boling went to LT and Westerman got a chance to flash again.  Either way, I think the personnel calls are above coach Pollack's head, and he has to make do with what is handed to him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy now, it's a tough job trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  Let's give coach Pollack a break, he's improved the run blocking exponentially this year compared to last, and he can't control what players he has to work with.  This past week was the first game since early in the season that we saw Billy Price being Billy Price.  The inside runs were working, and that is a credit to Pollack.  

Now, part of that could have been because Cordy Glenn was out of the lineup, and Boling went to LT and Westerman got a chance to flash again.  Either way, I think the personnel calls are above coach Pollack's head, and he has to make do with what is handed to him.

Agreed,

I'm reserving judgement on Pollack for another season given the crud he had to work with. Lazor on the other hand has not impressed me at all and I hope we go another direction at OC.
Reply/Quote
It was a "Trap Game" where the Bengals caught the Chargers looking ahead to the "Chefs" (Great googly moogly).

If the Bengals were decent to average, they would have won the game.

The Bengals lost to a team who was thinking about the next week. The Chargers weren't worried enough about the Bengals to even think about the game and they still won.

The Bengals are a bad team.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 11:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It was a "Trap Game" where the Bengals caught the Chargers looking ahead to the "Chefs" (Great googly moogly).

The Bengals lost to a team who was thinking about the next week. The Chargers weren't worried enough about the Bengals to even think about the game and they still won.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 11:26 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It was a "Trap Game" where the Bengals caught the Chargers looking ahead to the "Chefs" (Great googly moogly).

pretty much this

(12-15-2018, 12:07 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I would say whatever helps you sleep at night, yeah the Bengals are on the cusp for a dynasty .....thats the ticket....
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 12:33 AM)GodFather Wrote: pretty much this

I would say whatever helps you sleep at night, yeah the Bengals are on the cusp for a dynasty .....thats the ticket....

Yep. No matter how bad the team plays...a certain percentage of the fanbase will think we're on the cusp of greatness.

We've lost 6 out of 7 and people are talking winning a playoff game this year!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 12:33 AM)GodFather Wrote: pretty much this

We need new coaching but we have good players. Do we have holes to fill yes just like every other team. We are not a bad team we just need to have better coaching and to get the Oline going which is not going to happen in one year. Face it after 20 something years of PA its going to take a little while most of these guys on the team was hand picked by PA not Pollock. Austin D this year hurt us we still got good players on the defense they was hampered by coaching. We have good skill players on offense as well I do not see a bad team. I see good players and not so good coaching.
Reply/Quote
This shit's funny... People are discussing a "breakout" game that Cody Core allegedly had two years ago. I dunno... To me breakout game should imply that from that point on a guy has some sustained success.

Did he play really good on special teams that day or something?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 03:45 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We need new coaching but we have good players. Do we have holes to fill yes just like every other team. We are not a bad team we just need to have better coaching and to get the Oline going which is not going to happen in one year. Face it after 20 something years of PA its going to take a little while most of these guys on the team was hand picked by PA not Pollock. Austin D this year hurt us we still got good players on the defense they was hampered by coaching. Wtoo.ue have good skill players on offense as well I do not see a bad team. I see good players and not so good coaching.

We need about 3 new offensive lineman and 3 new starting LBs and a new starting TE.

Then possibly help at CB and WR3.

If that is having a good roster then I agree.

We do have several high end players...but most teams do.

How many years do we think we have a good team only to not win a playoff game? 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy now, it's a tough job trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.  Let's give coach Pollack a break, he's improved the run blocking exponentially this year compared to last, and he can't control what players he has to work with.  This past week was the first game since early in the season that we saw Billy Price being Billy Price.  The inside runs were working, and that is a credit to Pollack.  

True, sorry to Pollack, it is only his first year and like you said was handed a shit sandwich pretty much.

(12-14-2018, 09:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

I'm reserving judgement on Pollack for another season given the crud he had to work with. Lazor on the other hand has not impressed me at all and I hope we go another direction at OC.

Yeah, done with Lazor, think Hue would be better as OC but i just want to move on from almost all these guys.

Pollack and Van Pelt excluded. Still like these guys quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
We beat the Raiders who beat the Steelers!

And the Colts who beat the Cowboys!

Playoffs here we come!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We beat the Raiders who beat the Steelers!

And the Colts who beat the Cowboys!

Playoffs here we come!

Now we've officially beaten the Raiders who beat the Steelers who beat the Patriots who beat the Chiefs.  We are the transitive #1 seed of the AFC.
Reply/Quote
Moral victories when the Bengals lose do not exist. That’s loser talk.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2018, 11:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need about 3 new offensive lineman and 3 new starting LBs and a new starting TE.

Then possibly help at CB and WR3.

If that is having a good roster then I agree.

We do have several high end players...but most teams do.

How many years do we think we have a good team only to not win a playoff game? 
You explain how we get 7 new starters in one off season and some depth as well. Then I will buy in, it wont happen in one year you got to coach people up and hope for improvement at some spots you can not replace that many starters in one off season.
Reply/Quote