Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we lost by two points on the road to the 11- 3 chargers
(12-14-2018, 01:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: A 7 - 9 Seahawks team beat a 11-5 saints team We lost to Tj Yates. Buccs are no pushover only give Ravens 60 chance. Pats dont lose 2 in a row this late in the season Steelers not beating Drew in the dome. Chargers should handle Ravens in LA. we will have all momentum riding a two game winning streak against the Steelers riding a 5 game losing streak. If we can beat browns and raiders. not only that we could potentially get LA Chargers in the freezing cold in Cincinnatti

We're the most dangerous 5-8 team in the NFL! 1 win in our last 7 games. Nobody wants to play us!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Come on people even a glimmer of a chance to break the playoff drought and some of you don't want that to happen shame on you. we may never get this close again.

We have the worst defense in the NFL and near worst offense = Playoff win baby!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:59 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy Dalton was playing decent till AJ got injured then Dalton forgot he had other WR. Yes he threw the ball to Boyd but when AJ went out he didn't even target him as much. Andy did not throw much to Core or Ross since Driskel has been in both of them has gotten many more targets which in turn will help develop both players. But even when AJ was healthy Dalton was not targeting other WR only AJ and Boyd so the other guys did not develop at all under Dalton.

Dalton was the season MVP through  that game. Period. 

The game of which the Stealers walked awway with yet another win on a questionable non call. (Pick)

You have to wonder what this does to a teams psyche when it continues to happen over and over again. Because the wheels fell off after that.

Off the top of my head:
Three or four NFL rules have been changed, re-written, or enforced due to Stealers hits on Bengals players.
1 Palmer
2 Rivers
3 Huber
4 Gio ("unfortunate hit")

The Bryant catch in the 2015 PO game was not a catch. Why no offsetting penalties on Joey?

We finally get a equalizer and he is quickly branded the dirtiest player in the NFL.

As far as this season goes, we have a defense that is very close to being the worst in NFL history. Read that again.

Our coaches suck. All of them. It only took Lazor how many games to figure out Mixon needs more touches? Why never Gio AND Mixon back there Huuuh? 

By all means continue to blame a bright spot in the early goings although i'd like to remind you we already have a thread dedicated to this, conflict. 
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 02:17 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dalton was the season MVP through  that game. Period. 

The game of which the Stealers walked awway with yet another win on a questionable non call. (Pick)

You have to wonder what this does to a teams psyche when it continues to happen over and over again. Because the wheels fell off after that.

Off the top of my head:
Three or four NFL rules have been changed, re-written, or enforced due to Stealers hits on Bengals players.
1 Palmer
2 Rivers
3 Huber
4 Gio ("unfortunate hit")

The Bryant catch in the 2015 PO game was not a catch. Why no offsetting penalties on Joey?

We finally get a equalizer and he is quickly branded the dirtiest player in the NFL.

As far as this season goes, we have a defense that is very close to being the worst in NFL history. Read that again.

Our coaches suck. All of them. It only took Lazor how many games to figure out Mixon needs more touches? Why never Gio AND Mixon back there Huuuh? 

By all means continue to blame a bright spot in the early goings although i'd like to remind you we already have a thread dedicated to this, conflict. 
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Driskel-should-be-starter-next-year
I agree with the bolded. We have always had to fight the refs and the other team. I was hoping after 2 refs was fired and 2 made to retire one of them being the steelers lil helper that things was going to change this year and we would get a fair shake. It is not as bad or obvious as in years past but it is starting to become an issue again the closer to the playoffs we get {we as in the NFL not the Bengals}. 

The Steelers game this year was lost due to scoring too fast and leaving Ben with 1.30 left of the clock and 2 time outs and I think they just needed a field goal if I am not mistaken. So that clearly falls in the lap of the OC and HC. Dalton is not terrible when his Oline blocks great and he has all his weapons around him but he falters when a few guys like his main targets go out for a few games. Lets face it injuries happen every year in the NFL rarely does a team dodge injuries to key players. Other QB spread the ball around which Dalton sucks at so the injuries does not affect their teams as much because they have developed other WR. Driskel is doing this for us now hopefully by the end of the year we will know if Ross and Core are going to improve enough to depend on them next season. Once Dalton gets back under center I fear that only AJ Boyd and the RB will sniff a target.

I do like Pollock as a coach so far he needs more of his guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 11:58 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Not this year they haven't and Dalton didn't play well when the D was playing bad. Driskel at least puts up a fight even if all the stars are not in line.

Driskel has made 2 starts as the Bengals starting QB...8 years under Marvin and Mike would likely leave him as dead inside as Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin needs an extension with this thread. Here's hoping.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Driskel has made 2 starts as the Bengals starting QB...8 years under Marvin and Mike would likely leave him as dead inside as Dalton.

I am dead inside and I dont even play for the team. 

I also don't get paid, so there's that. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 02:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: on the road no less. regardless of being without our number 1 qb , receiver tightend 3rd best pass rusher, and with a little luck we still have the potential to win our first playoff game in 26 years. I give it a 5 percent chance of happening but its better than nothing.

Playoffs?

Not going to happen and i tend to lean toward the trap game theory as well.

Mixon is a tough RB to stop and the Chargers had trouble with him, Driskel isn't a bad backup either.

Our Defense finally showed up and played like they should with these players.

We need a new Head Coach and let him pick his coaches, we have the players to play with anyone, knew it all year.

Yet we get blown out by teams like the Chiefs and Saints cause of terrible coaching.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Driskel has made 2 starts as the Bengals starting QB...8 years under Marvin and Mike would likely leave him as dead inside as Dalton.
That's why we need a HC change to an offensive minded aggressive coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 03:47 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: That's why we need a HC change to an offensive minded aggressive coach.

You need a good offensive line too. That makes everything easier.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 04:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You need a good offensive line too. That makes everything easier.

It all starts in the trenches no doubt. Pollack has not done near as good as i thought he would this year but really
when you look what he has had to work with it isn't as much of a surprise. An overweight oft injured Glenn, an
undrafted penalty machine at RG that is giving up record number of pressures, a player at RT that the last team
he was on was terrible and a rookie Center who has been injured.

Boling has also not played that great but that can be somewhat attributed to who has been around him.

I don't know how much of it is contributed to Pollack but i do know a new HC would help out this entire team to
gain some damn fire. But if we get a new HC and he wants to move on from Pollack i would be fine with it after
what i saw this year even if we were better this year in run blocking. But Mixon had something to do with this as
well being that home breaking threat once he finally does get a hole.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It all starts in the trenches no doubt. Pollack has not done near as good as i thought he would this year but really
when you look what he has had to work with it isn't as much of a surprise. An overweight oft injured Glenn, an
undrafted penalty machine at RG that is giving up record number of pressures, a player at RT that the last team
he was on was terrible and a rookie Center who has been injured.

Boling has also not played that great but that can be somewhat attributed to who has been around him.

I don't know how much of it is contributed to Pollack but i do know a new HC would help out this entire team to
gain some damn fire. But if we get a new HC and he wants to move on from Pollack i would be fine with it after
what i saw this year even if we were better this year in run blocking. But Mixon had something to do with this as
well being that home breaking threat once he finally does get a hole.
We send TE across the line from left end to right end to pick up good pass rushers and he is late every time this play should be redesigned. We zone block and hand the ball off 5 yards deep on 4th and 1. We throw so many short passes behind the line of scrimmage to have our WR get blown up for a loss because the defense was not fooled at all. Lazor  said to the media this week we need better yards per catch but it falls into his lap because of play design or play calling.

Pollock is responsible for the run game if he has the same job as PA since he had those duties before he was let go. But Pollock is working with a lot of PA guys and not Pollock guys.
Reply/Quote
Huzzah for moral victories!

And how many points did we lose by to the 11-3 Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
Close loss to good team = We're as good at the 11-3 Chargers!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 05:16 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We send TE across the line from left end to right end to pick up good pass rushers and he is late every time this play should be redesigned. We zone block and hand the ball off 5 yards deep on 4th and 1. We throw so many short passes behind the line of scrimmage to have our WR get blown up for a loss because the defense was not fooled at all. Lazor  said to the media this week we need better yards per catch but it falls into his lap because of play design or play calling.

Pollock is responsible for the run game if he has the same job as PA since he had those duties before he was let go. But Pollock is working with a lot of PA guys and not Pollock guys.

The thing is Lazor is over doing that with Driskel and didn't do it enough with Andy. Andy was asked to throw it down field into very tight windows against man coverage in 2.5 seconds. Lazor refused to give Dalton easy completions to move the ball. Driskel on the other hand is throwing WR screens and boots but not asked to throw anthing over 10 yards.

It's infuriating.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: The thing is Lazor is over doing that with Driskel and didn't do it enough with Andy. Andy was asked to throw it down field into very tight windows against man coverage in 2.5 seconds. Lazor refused to give Dalton easy completions to move the ball. Driskel on the other hand is throwing WR screens and boots but not asked to throw anthing over 10 yards.

It's infuriating.
Andy had AJ most of the year and Driskel had him for a few plays and he was not even healthy. That being said Driskel has still put the ball in the WR hands more then Dalton has this year in two games. Players like Core Ross and Tate Driskel is not gun shy  and he will throw it to the other WR that need to develop. 

Between our Oline issues and the play calling I don't really think Dalton or Driskel has been set up to succeed. And I could not agree more with the bolded text.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 05:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Andy had AJ most of the year and Driskel had him for a few plays and he was not even healthy. That being said Driskel has still put the ball in the WR hands more then Dalton has this year in two games. Players like Core Ross and Tate Driskel is not gun shy  and he will throw it to the other WR that need to develop. 

Between our Oline issues and the play calling I don't really think Dalton or Driskel has been set up to succeed. And I could not agree more with the bolded text.

Did you know for the first part of the season according to PFF Andy Dalton had the best ball placement of any QB in the NFL with Patrick Mahomes in second?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I don't think he remembers how well Dalton played at the end of last season without AJ against Detroit and Baltimore (Core's breakout game) either.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 02:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: on the road no less. regardless of being without our number 1 qb , receiver tightend 3rd best pass rusher, and with a little luck we still have the potential to win our first playoff game in 26 years. I give it a 5 percent chance of happening but its better than nothing.

Just shut the **** up. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Did you know for the first part of the season according to PFF Andy Dalton had the best ball placement of any QB in the NFL with Patrick Mahomes in second?
Nope  I did not know  that but he was targeting AJ Boyd Eifert and Mixon during that time as well. My main grip about Dalton is he has to have all his weapons to excel. If he had to target Core Ross and Tate more often then I am sure that rating would drop greatly like Driskel has to do. Driskel could target Mixon and Boyd only maybe CJ and pad his stats as far as catches go but he has not been coached by the conservative coaches we got very long to become a check down king like Dalton. And I put that on the coaches not on Dalton he has been coached to play the game not to lose the game not how to play to win.
Reply/Quote