Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
Guys- let’s maybe let the season play out before we decide Burrow is bad. He had a bad half. That’s it. It was an extremely bad half, but he still brought us back. I’m going to take a gander and say we see more second half Joe Burrow than we see first half Joe burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FFS some of you are absolute boomers. LOL

There is confidence/cockiness

Then there is coming across as a prick he did in that comment.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FFS some of you are absolute boomers. LOL

and some of you pretend it cant lead to a problem
Reply/Quote
Look, the blocking today was not there to be kind. The line was out of sync completely. To be fair to them, you did have plays also where Burrow had plenty of time so hopefully once they get used to working together this improves. But the other elephant in the room was Burrow - he showed no pocket presence today, his reads were off as was his accuracy and he caused 2-3 of the sacks by waiting too long in the pocket holding the ball instead of either throwing or running.

I have to think the big culprit here is our brain dead head coach who rested all the starters all preseason when they DESPERATELY needed full speed snaps. If we miss postseason on something like 1 game or a tiebreaker then Zac should be fired because it will go back to us not being ready to play in the first game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Amazing that this actually has to be explained on a football message board…

amazing that joes own words dont have any meaning with some on this board when HE says he holds onto the ball to long at times and has to get rid of it quicker and he is responsble for his share of sacks
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Brett Favre had 6 games in which he threw 4 or more INTs and 1 or fewer TDs after his first 3 years.

what does brett farve then have to do with joe now other then proving my point that joe isnt elite yet. farve wasnt elite then either. you kinda making my point for me.

now with farve he became elite. lets hope joe can to
Reply/Quote
We're back to the classic Bengals of years past where so much goes wrong that it's hard to know who to blame.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely, why this isn't all on Burrow.

2 of the ints were bad reads though that he shouldn't have threw.

who said is was all burrow. he has plenty of blame. so does the line. so does zac
Reply/Quote
God I hate “elite” almost as I hate “generational talent”. He’s a really good QB and will win a lot of games. He will also crap the bed from time to time. Who gives a flying eff is he is considered elite. He went to the Super Bowl while a lot of elite QBs were eating wings and seven layer dip. (Btw…how do you have seven layers and not one of them is meat?)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burrow was bad today. Bad enough to knock him out of the MVP race for 2022 after a half of football (you won't see any MVP winner have a game like this on their resume for the year).

A lot of this is the hard truth and should be expected. Last year was last year and it was far more likely this would be a tough year then it was this would be a repeat of last.

If Dalton had 4 picks and 3 fumbles in a game....

Pollack must go.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:01 PM)Leon Wrote: what does brett farve then have to do with joe now other then proving my point that joe isnt elite yet. farve wasnt elite then either. you kinda making my point for me.

now with farve he became elite. lets hope joe can to

I’m not the one that brought up Favre, guy. I’m pointing out that he had that many games that were measurably worse than the one that Burrow just had while being considered an elite QB.

They all have. Brady has thrown 4 INTs, Brees has multiple times. Brees has thrown 5. Manning has thrown 6. Bad games happen, and overreacting to it and making it seem like a trend is silly.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: There is confidence/cockiness

Then there is coming across as a prick he did in that comment.

I didn’t have a problem with the answer he gave considering it was a stupid question to start with.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:04 PM)Leon Wrote: who said is was all burrow. he has plenty of blame. so does the line. so does zac

Thread title
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe he’s considering retiring before this line gets him killed.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Thread title

nope. wrong again
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’m not the one that brought up Favre, guy. I’m pointing out that he had that many games that were measurably worse than the one that Burrow just had while being considered an elite QB.

They all have. Brady has thrown 4 INTs, Brees has multiple times. Brees has thrown 5. Manning has thrown 6. Bad games happen, and overreacting to it and making it seem like a trend is silly.

is burrow immune to critcism or questions bout whether hes currently elite. if not, then bringing up other qbs does nothing to say if burrow is currently elite level. its just deflecton. thats just silly
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:33 PM)Leon Wrote: nope. wrong again

So you do a thread about holding off on elite talk. Then your 1st sentence is how many ints Burrow threw over his past regular season games. Then, your next patagraph is how in year 3 he doesn't know how to get rid of the ball. Then, your next is about how sacks are on Burrow, not the line. Then, your next paragraph was about how his throws had no velocity.

But, this thread isn't about Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you do a thread about holding off on elite talk. Then your 1st sentence is how many ints Burrow threw over his past regular season games. Then, your next patagraph is how in year 3 he doesn't know how to get rid of the ball. Then, your next is about how sacks are on Burrow, not the line. Then, your next paragraph was about how his throws had no velocity.

But, this thread isn't about Burrow?

nice try lol

Leon Wrote:
as much a problem as line has been, he is a real part of the sacks to by his stubborness

you realize that most of what i said is strait from joes mouth
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:43 PM)Leon Wrote: nice try lol

Leon Wrote:
as much a problem as line has been, he is a real part of the sacks to by his stubborness

you realize that most of what i said is strait from joes mouth

What exactly do you think I'm trying to do?

You started a thread that Burrow isn't elite and rattled off bullet point after bullet point of reasons.
Reply/Quote