Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
Hellishly bad loss. Rusty AF, oline still a worry and even when we had the chance to snatch a win our golden leg couldn’t seal the deal. Can’t get losses like that back, those ones hurt you late in the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do you think today was the normal Joe Burrow?

He's been more turnover prone then not in his short career. Rather that is fumbles his rookie year, or the interceptions that plagued him for most of last year. Today was a cluster of both. So what is your definition of normal? I will say today was more of the "the norm" for the Bengals as a whole then last year was. And I hope the team has put last years success to rest better than some of the fans seem to have. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're jumping the shark, my homie. 

Andy Dalton couldn't win a single post season game and Joe Burrow won his first 3, just narrowly missing winning his first 4, including the Super Bowl, being the 2nd rated QB in the entire NFL in his 2nd year, coming off major knee surgery and with a sieve for an offensive line. 

Comparing Joe Burrow to Andy Dalton is a travesty. 

Not really. History will write about the SB run and point to the great opportunistic D and McPherson....... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's been more turnover prone then not in his short career. Rather that is fumbles his rookie year, or the interceptions that plagued him for most of last year. Today was a cluster of both. So what is your definition of normal? I will say today was more of the "the norm" for the Bengals as a whole then last year was. And I hope the team has put last years success to rest better than some of the fans seem to have. 

18 picks in his last 17 reg season games. so it does seem to be kinda normal 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OP must be absolutely giddy to be able to start a thread like this.

Unfortunately for him it will likely end up looking just like the preseason Chase thread from last year.

Burrow has already proven he’s an elite QB. He just had a terrible game. They will be few and far between.

Exactly, there's nothing else to see here.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not really. History will write about the SB run and point to the great opportunistic D and McPherson....... 

yessir. the defense took us to the sb. without them we dont get outta round 1
Reply/Quote
He did his job well enough to have two different (should’ve been) game-winning drives on his worst day. I’ll take it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not really. History will write about the SB run and point to the great opportunistic D and McPherson....... 

You don't get a SB run without winning in the regular season. 

How did Burrow play in the regular season? 

Not that a 97.3 rating was bad in the playoffs. I bet any former Bengals QB would give their left arm for it. Except for Boomer. He'd have to give his right. 

KA was the only guy close and he belongs in the Hall. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're jumping the shark, my homie. 

Andy Dalton couldn't win a single post season game and Joe Burrow won his first 3, just narrowly missing winning his first 4, including the Super Bowl, being the 2nd rated QB in the entire NFL in his 2nd year, coming off major knee surgery and with a sieve for an offensive line. 

Comparing Joe Burrow to Andy Dalton is a travesty. 

Plenty of people, myself included, are pointing out how bad Burrow was today. But perspective has to come in to play here. 

I'm not comparing the two players my homie, I'm comparing the hypocrisy of biased posters  Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:52 PM)Leon Wrote: please stop.

cousins was 4th in pass rating. is he elite. jimmy g was 9th in the whole nfl. elite? lol 

You’d maybe have a point if that was the only metric he had to point to. But he also had the actual counting stats to back it up. 1st in completion %, 8th in TD’s, 6th in passing yards, 1st in Y/A, etc. All behind a terrible OL.

Now, do you think that maybe, just maybe, that was probably closer to the normal Joe Burrow than today was?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He did his job well enough to have two different (should’ve been) game-winning drives on his worst day. I’ll take it.

Yep, did the same thing last year in his only stinker of a game too. One thing about him, short memory and won't back down 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's easy to know who to blame. 17 of 23 points off five turnovers, one turnover led DIRECTLY to 7 of those points. Why are people trying so damn hard to ignore that? That's literally the difference in the game.

So is missing an extra point for the win and a field goal for the win.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not comparing the two players my homie, I'm comparing the hypocrisy of biased posters  Wink

But how is it biased? Andy played bad, people complained. Burrow plays bad, people complain. 

The context is, what each have done in their careers before that bad game and how much criticism it deserves. 

How can you say Burrow deserves the same blame Dalton got with how their careers have/had gone? People didn't really bash on Andy until after 3 playoff losses and numerous bad outings in prime time. I'm talking his play, specifically. 

I'll readily admit that i was one of the biggest Dalton based-on-play bashers here, but i didn't even go to the dark side until post 2016. 

In real life, if one co-worker makes mistake after mistake and the other does his job and is productive, both of them make a mistake that costs the company a fair amount of cash, are they looked at the same, or does the guy who is usually productive get the benefit of the doubt?

They both made a bad mistake. Should they be treated equally?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Going to Dallas isn't what i would consider an elixir, but it is what it is...

Big Grin

Ha!  I'm just hoping for a small like 300% improvement to help my feelz.  Twitch
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:57 PM)wanga Wrote: Hellishly bad loss. Rusty AF, oline still a worry and even when we had the chance to snatch a win our golden leg couldn’t seal the deal. Can’t get losses like that back, those ones hurt you late in the year.

The 3 new additions are a huge upgrade. Volson is a rookie, Jonah is simply mediocre at best.

McPherson was not the reason for the block or missed FG.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's been more turnover prone then not in his short career. Rather that is fumbles his rookie year, or the interceptions that plagued him for most of last year. Today was a cluster of both. So what is your definition of normal? I will say today was more of the "the norm" for the Bengals as a whole then last year was. And I hope the team has put last years success to rest better than some of the fans seem to have. 

So we're at the point where no preseason snaps and an 80% new Oline have no bearing on the first game of the season?

That's rhetorical. I don't see any way where you're objective and waiting to see how the season plays out. We should just move on to other things. 

I don't like how he or anyone on the offense played today--and i'm the one that pointed out how "average" he was in the SB and how he missed a lot of reads and throws he usually makes--but i don't see him continuing how he played today. 

Reply/Quote
P.S. I don't know how many people were around here in 2016 but i was one of the biggest Dalton supporters out there up until then. 

The battles with Mulligan...

Oh, the memories. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The 3 new additions are a huge upgrade. Volson is a rookie, Jonah is simply mediocre at best.

McPherson was not the reason for the block or missed FG.

collins got pushed around and not just by watt. not a good sign
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So we're at the point where no preseason snaps and an 80% new Oline have no bearing on the first game of the season?

That's rhetorical. I don't see any way where you're objective and waiting to see how the season plays out. We should just move on to other things. 

I don't like how he or anyone on the offense played today--and i'm the one that pointed out how "average" he was in the SB and how he missed a lot of reads and throws he usually makes--but i don't see him continuing how he played today. 

Not even Chase or Hurst? The former did have the dumb penalty, but holy shit does he just take over games. The Steelers couldn’t even stop him with Tee out, and Boyd banged up.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not even Chase or Hurst? The former did have the dumb penalty, but holy shit does he just take over games. The Steelers couldn’t even stop him with Tee out, and Boyd banged up.

Chase and Hurst were good. Mixon had several good runs too. 

I was thinking how the offense looked overall. There were def good individual performances. 

Reply/Quote