Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
we might wanna hold off on elite talk for ahwile
(09-11-2022, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What exactly do you think I'm trying to do?

You started a thread that Burrow isn't elite and rattled off bullet point after bullet point of reasons.

could you show the bullet point that said its ALL on burrow. ill wait lol
Reply/Quote
you have to excuse nicomo

he thinks he's on reddit getting upvotes
Reply/Quote
Joe talked about trying to get his velocity back to where it was before the surgery. After watching him today, he's still got a ways to go. He was throwing some ducks out there and looked as bad as I've ever seen him look. 

However, the overreaction by some fans here and on social media is crazy considering it's week 1 and the guy is trying to work his body back from a surgery, infection and 5 day hospital stay. He'll get back to 100%..but it might take a minute. Remember, he lost weight, strength and practice time due the the surgery. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe talked about trying to get his velocity back to where it was before the surgery. After watching him today, he's still got a ways to go. He was throwing some ducks out there and looked as bad as I've ever seen him look. 

However, the overreaction by some fans here and on social media is crazy considering it's week 1 and the guy is trying to work his body back from a surgery, infection and 5 day hospital stay. He'll get back to 100%..but it might take a minute. Remember, he lost weight, strength and practice time due the the surgery. 

i dont think its crazy to point out how bad he was
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:28 PM)Leon Wrote: burrow now got 18 picks in last 17 reg season games and 20 in last 22 games total. geez

year 3 now an still hasnt learned to get rid of ball or not force throws

as much a problem as line has been, he is a real part of the sacks to by his stubborness

and for a guy with not the strongest arm alreadt his velocity was awful today

i have high hope for him but i got a lot worries to

BREAKING NEWS: 

Joe Burrow was the QB for one of the teams in the Super Bowl 7 months ago. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: 

Last year was last year. If you didn't realize that today should have let you know.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:01 PM)Leon Wrote: what does brett farve then have to do with joe now other then proving my point that joe isnt elite yet. farve wasnt elite then either. you kinda making my point for me.

now with farve he became elite. lets hope joe can to

Just stop.

Joe was elite last year. He was the 2nd highest rated QB after only Aaron Rodgers in passer rating, and the #1 rated QB in the league by PFF. He broke every single season franchise passing record we had, all while being sacked 51 times, and coming off a major injury (hence comeback player of the year).

He’s firmly in the top 5-7 range of QB’s along with Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Brady, and Herbert. That’s elite.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:49 PM)Leon Wrote: i aint giddy cause my hope is that burrow gets to elite level but im also not like you thinking hes superman. hes got some issues that he has admitted to hisself. not like im the only one saying it lol

can you show where hes elite right now. whos he better than. imo you have to be top 5 to be elite an he sure aint there yet. i think he can be but he defintly has room to get better and things to fix. lets hope it happens 

Being #2 in passer rating behind the ridiculous Aaron Rodgers doesn't count?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're back to the classic Bengals of years past where so much goes wrong that it's hard to know who to blame.

It's easy to know who to blame. 17 of 23 points off five turnovers, one turnover led DIRECTLY to 7 of those points. Why are people trying so damn hard to ignore that? That's literally the difference in the game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:29 PM)Leon Wrote: i dont think its crazy to point out how bad he was

Pointing out the bad performance isn't crazy. It's the over-the-top, doom and gloom reactions.

(09-11-2022, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: 

Yep, and both teams had rough starts to their season...but I expect both to be there in contention when it matters most.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you have to excuse nicomo

he thinks he's on reddit getting upvotes

You know more about Reddit than I do you weirdo. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burrow was bad today. Bad enough to knock him out of the MVP race for 2022 after a half of football (you won't see any MVP winner have a game like this on their resume for the year).

A lot of this is the hard truth and should be expected. Last year was last year and it was far more likely this would be a tough year then it was this would be a repeat of last.

If Dalton had 4 picks and 3 fumbles in a game....

Pollack must go.

Yyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp!!!!!! And some of the same people that blamed him for every loss are jumping through flaming hoops (or having severe hallucinations) to keep from blaming Joe. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe talked about trying to get his velocity back to where it was before the surgery. After watching him today, he's still got a ways to go. He was throwing some ducks out there and looked as bad as I've ever seen him look. 

And he had 80% of his line taking their first live snaps together. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Last year was last year. If you didn't realize that today should have let you know.

I know the negativity fuels you but "the norm" is a real thing. 

Do you think today was the normal Joe Burrow?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OP must be absolutely giddy to be able to start a thread like this.

Unfortunately for him it will likely end up looking just like the preseason Chase thread from last year.

Burrow has already proven he’s an elite QB. He just had a terrible game. They will be few and far between.

Bro, I really hope you are right and I think you will be, but next Sunday cannot get here fast enough to hopefully remove the fresh stank that was this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp!!!!!! And some of the same people that blamed him for every loss are jumping through flaming hoops (or having severe hallucinations) to keep from blaming Joe. 

You're jumping the shark, my homie. 

Andy Dalton couldn't win a single post season game and Joe Burrow won his first 3, just narrowly missing winning his first 4, including the Super Bowl, being the 2nd rated QB in the entire NFL in his 2nd year, coming off major knee surgery and with a sieve for an offensive line. 

Comparing Joe Burrow to Andy Dalton is a travesty. 

Plenty of people, myself included, are pointing out how bad Burrow was today. But perspective has to come in to play here. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:49 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Bro, I really hope you are right and I think you will be, but next Sunday cannot get here fast enough to hopefully remove the fresh stank that was this game.

Going to Dallas isn't what i would consider an elixir, but it is what it is...

Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just stop.

Joe was elite last year. He was the 2nd highest rated QB after only Aaron Rodgers in passer rating, and the #1 rated QB in the league by PFF. He broke every single season franchise passing record we had, all while being sacked 51 times, and coming off a major injury (hence comeback player of the year).

He’s firmly in the top 5-7 range of QB’s along with Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, Brady, and Herbert. That’s elite.

please stop.

cousins was 4th in pass rating. is he elite. jimmy g was 9th in the whole nfl. elite? lol 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're back to the classic Bengals of years past where so much goes wrong that it's hard to know who to blame.

Please don't make me go back there!!!!!!!!!!!   lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp!!!!!! And some of the same people that blamed him for every loss are jumping through flaming hoops (or having severe hallucinations) to keep from blaming Joe. 

not allowed to have any honest critsism of joe. even on a day with 5 turnovers the most were allowed to say is he had a "bad day"
Reply/Quote