Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your thoughts on the site Cincy jungle
I have been following that site since I found fb back in 2010 I always thought they was smart fans reading the comments, and they put out a lot of news and topics. But here's the thing.. I used to barely comment,but this off season I got more into it. Then I commented and said the idea of getting that hurt linebacker in the draft was stupid,and people was all offended on there I used the word stupid. Me and this guy got into it,he was very rude and acted like he owned the site himself. And slandered me several times. The next time I got on I had a message saying warning, for using the word stupid,I got a 2nd warning for something more petty then that I forget what it was,but I complained and they didn't respond to me,so yesterday I'm talking football,and these guys was very rude again to what I had to say,like I was just some dumb ass,calling my comments insane and just being smart asses,and these are regulars on this site,so I had enough and called them asshats and they are ********. Guess what? I got banned of course. I feel they are a little clique,and I was done wrongly over there you can't even see who these douschbags are either. I can still see the stuff on that site but can't talk anymore. So just wondering does anyone here talk over there,and have you had any problems like I have? I have had no problem here,the people have been better,just I'm used to getting my news there,I'd actually like to get it somewhere else because I run a group but that's all I know.
Reply/Quote
Most of which I've read on that site can be summed up in one word.

Stupid.
Reply/Quote
Just depends how bored you get in the off-season lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I read the articles but never comment. The people in the comments section seem idiotic most days.

Plus I just hate that style of commenting. I don't even know where it originated; maybe Reddit? but it's just clumsy.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I read the articles but never comment. The people in the comments section seem idiotic most days.

Plus I just hate that style of commenting. I don't even know where it originated; maybe Reddit? but it's just clumsy.

Yup.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I read the articles but never comment. The people in the comments section seem idiotic most days.

Same, here.  It's nice to have a collection of Bengal related articles, but the comment section is just wasteland.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There are some good vids that someone took the time to cherry pick.  The articles are hit or miss...usually miss.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 02:53 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I have been following that site since I found fb back in 2010 I always thought they was smart fans reading the comments, and they put out a lot of news and topics. But here's the thing.. I used to barely comment,but this off season I got more into it. Then I commented and said the idea of getting that hurt linebacker in the draft was stupid,and people was all offended on there I used the word stupid. Me and this guy got into it,he was very rude and acted like he owned the site himself. And slandered me several times. The next time I got on I had a message saying warning, for using the word stupid,I got a 2nd warning for something more petty then that I forget what it was,but I complained and they didn't respond to me,so yesterday I'm talking football,and these guys was very rude again to what I had to say,like I was just some dumb ass,calling my comments insane and just being smart asses,and these are regulars on this site,so I had enough and called them asshats and they are ********. Guess what? I got banned of course. I feel they are a little clique,and I was done wrongly over there you can't even see who these douschbags are either. I can still see the stuff on that site but can't talk anymore. So just wondering does anyone here talk over there,and have you had any problems like I have? I have had no problem here,the people have been better,just I'm used to getting my news there,I'd actually like to get it somewhere else because I run a group but that's all I know.

Welcome to the Internetz....

anything you say can and will be praised and cried about  piss people off and make them happy all at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Welcome to the Internetz....

anything you say can and will be praised and cried about  piss people off and make them happy all at the same time.

Sounds like High School. Or work. 

...and CJ's new format sucks. Stopped checking their site as soon as they changed it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like High School. Or work. 

...and CJ's new format sucks. Stopped checking their site as soon as they changed it.

i used to read it all the time now I only notice it in my FB feed in passing  but it at least alerts me to what is going on if anything.
Reply/Quote
Pleasantly ssurprised by the comments I thought people would attack me for writing this,nice to see some people recognize they are actually idiots on there.I don't like that clique shit where people can say what they want, but soon as someone else does they are banned. How can you not use the word stupid in football talk??
Reply/Quote
Used to visit it all the time but it has been a few years.
Reply/Quote
Read it every once in a while.

Really the only thing worse than some of the posters on there are FB.

That's why when the Bengals website said they were moving to that form... it was like a kick to the crotch.

Denny tried to spin that move but we all know FB discussions are worthless.

Too much random posts from Grannies to casual unknowing fans.

Cincy Jungle at least has some pertinent information and occasional insight... I'll give them that.

BTW to the OP.

Did you use the word "stupid" in part of your reply?

Or was it something like : "You're stupid."  Without any other part to explain how you came to that conclusion?

In those hurtful text commercials they run on TV, that's one they like to use.

You really hurt that guy's feelings.

I hope you're happy now...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It all began almost 20 years ago when I got banned from AOhell for the word ass. Of course back in 'those good old days ' you could get away with email bom*ing someone's account...not that I personally would have ever done anything malicious to someone so stupid.. I put someone else who still had an account upto it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
All sites have their downsides, I mean this site has FredToast and his posts
Reply/Quote
I sum up CJ this way....

.....a sight for people to post their opinions which are many times less well informed, less statistically based and less interesting than the posting here, but you don't have to sift through 90% of the crap here to find the gems that are better than CJ.

CJ second summary...

.....it's better than Strype Hype
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 03:16 PM)Element Wrote: All sites have their downsides, I mean this site has FredToast and his posts

You'd miss Fred if he left, you know it.  When he isn't posting political absurdities and stick with football, he's definitely worth reading.....but 95% of what he posts is in P&R, so.......best to just stay out of there all together.
Reply/Quote
I'm new, wish more time was spent on football.
Reply/Quote
I go on there sometimes. Like others, I'll read the articles, but I don't comment.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 04:20 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I'm new, wish more time was spent on football.

not much football happening at the moment
Reply/Quote