Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
whats the difference b/t the two...???
most on here just love Price.... :hail:
I have a question.....

Price is 6' 4" & 305 lbs....

isn't that exactly what Bodine measured & weighed...?

so what's the difference.…?

how can Price be so much better than Bodine....??

just get the feeling many on here see Price as a pure stud who will dominate.....but Bodine was a worthless POS....

i'd just like some opinions.....
& maybe offer up a reality check.... Coffee
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:31 PM)Steve Wrote: most on here just love Price.... :hail:
I have a question.....

just get the feeling many on here see Price as a pure stud who will dominate.....but Bodine was a worthless POS....

Bodine did not translate his weight room strength onto the field and was pushed back constantly. It's all about technique. Bodine was coached straight out of college by PA, who taught his line to fall back and catch defenders instead of attacking them. Price is getting taught right out of the box by Pollock, and should be much better. 
Reply/Quote
I have a question.....

Because measurable's are only a tiny part of judging football players?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bodine did not translate his weight room strength onto the field and was pushed back constantly. It's all about technique. Bodine was coached straight out of college by PA, who taught his line to fall back and catch defenders instead of attacking them. Price is getting taught right out of the box by Pollock, and should be much better. 

if you say so.....
but....
idk...???
seems they're so much alike physically....
& there job is basicly to block, open holes, & protect the QB.....

seems coaching wouldn't be that much different....

color me, not convinced of a big difference at this point....
as of now.....i'm guessing he's going to be exactly like Bodine....
no difference... Cry
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Steve Wrote: if you say so.....
but....
idk...???

no difference... Cry

For real?
Reply/Quote
Whether or not Price will be better than Bodine is yet to be proven, but I’m fairly certain that his height and weight will not be the determining factor. Obviously coaching will factor in as well other factors such as agility and how well he prepares for each opponent and adjusts to what they are doing during the course of a game. I won’t crown Price until he earns it, but Mr. Bodine has set a pretty low bar.
Reply/Quote
I have a question.....

Price hasn’t failed yet. Plus he’s a rookie with new aggressive coaching. Bodice was a victim and hopefully gets resurrected.

Reply/Quote
Price is much more athletic player between the two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bodine did not translate his weight room strength onto the field and was pushed back constantly. It's all about technique. Bodine was coached straight out of college by PA, who taught his line to fall back and catch defenders instead of attacking them. Price is getting taught right out of the box by Pollock, and should be much better. 

Yeah, I can agree with this. Night and day (Dey) with the different coaching style. Don’t wish nothing but luck for Bodine, but unfortunately, he was a victim and would probably have a better chance somewhere else.

Reply/Quote
but....
idk...???

no difference... Cry

You're right, their measurables are nearly identical and YES their job will be to block, open up holes and protect the QB.

The biggest difference between the two is in the mental game. The Center is the leader of the entire offensive line. Think of the value Jeff Saturday brought to the Indianapolis Colts. Peyton Manning will be the first to tell you that Saturday made his job 100% easier. Getting the correct blocking assignments is a difficult task. They identify blitzes for the QB so that he knows where to go on the play.

From interviews alone, I can see the massive advantage Price has over Bodine in this department. He is a true leader. Bodine has never struck me as intelligent or a leader. He bumbled along and did his job just well enough to hold his job for a few seasons. That's my opinion at least.
Reply/Quote
I have a question.....

The same thing that makes all 6'8 people not Lebron James. Wtf kind of thread/question is this?
Reply/Quote
but....
idk...???

no difference... Cry

Look at the size of starting centers throughout the league. They are for the most part 6’0 to 6’4 and 300lbs to 310lbs. So to say he is the same size as Bodine like it means anything really doesn’t make sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:34 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The same thing that makes all 6'8 people not Lebron James. Wtf kind of thread/question is this?

Agreed. By this logic I should be a starting wide receiver for the patriots. I’m 5’10” 185lbs and white
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Price hasn’t failed yet. Plus he’s a rookie with new aggressive coaching. Bodice was a victim and hopefully gets resurrected.

Read on the Bills' site that Jethro isn't exactly winning the battle for starting Center in Buffalo. He just sucks.  Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 02:19 AM)Shady Wrote: Read on the Bills' site that Jethro isn't exactly winning the battle for starting Center in Buffalo. He just sucks.  Hilarious

Great move on our part.

Reply/Quote
Are you smoking weed?

Bodine was NOT a leader on the O-Line; on the contrary, Whit was the leader.

Bodine missed assignments, blocked the wrong player at times, and was pushed back so often, the opposing defensive player was able to smell what Dalton ate during pre-game warm-ups.

Bodine could not get to the second level even if you tied ham around the backer's legs.

Price is intelligent; a True general of the O-Line, a true leader. Give the rookie a break; NFL playbooks are HUGE! The game will slow down for Price. Both Bodine and Price are strong players, but that is about the only similarity i see at this point.

Now if Price continues to have issues at Center, let's say for the year, then he could be moved to RG and be a mauler. Bodine couldn't be moved to another position because his leg strength and push and most importantly, technique to re-direct defensive players, is horrible at the NFL level.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
but....
idk...???

no difference...
Cry

Are you serious with this crap?   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
This is an example of an oversimplification.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:34 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The same thing that makes all 6'8 people not Lebron James. Wtf kind of thread/question is this?

Thread is... Lame
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I have a buddy who is the same height and weight as Albert Einstein was. So I guess they're the same person, right?
Reply/Quote