Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who is out there to pick up at WR
Cincy Jungle reporting that Hobson says Bengals need another WR.

Are they any free agents out there now that we should pick up?

I trust Bengals judgment on the draft but this raises an issue about drafting two OTs in one and two instead of using one of those picks on a WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:47 AM)67bengals Wrote: Cincy Jungle reporting that Hobson says Bengals need another WR.

I trust Bengals judgment on the draft but this raises an issue about drafting two OTs in one and two instead of using one of those picks on a WR.

The team will be just fine at WR this season... however, with practically our entire WR corps hitting FA next year... if we do not make an effort to re-sign all of our guys and make at least one addition through FA or draft next season it will be a disappointment. Because realistically I do not see us keeping Green, Sanu and Jones. I think Jones will be the odd man out.
Reply/Quote
[Image: chad-johnson-montreal-06142014.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: chad-johnson-montreal-06142014.jpg]

Uh Oh!!! Shat just got real lol
Reply/Quote
Second response before Chad? You're slipping guys.

And what am I missing? I thought Jones was having a solid camp and was healthy? We've got AJ, Sanu should be a little more reliable with a smaller role. We've got a few guys who are untested after that, but a WR has to step up every season. And then there's the TEs which, hopefully, will be a little better for a passing option this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 12:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Second response before Chad? You're slipping guys.

And what am I missing? I thought Jones was having a solid camp and was healthy? We've got AJ, Sanu should be a little more reliable with a smaller role. We've got a few guys who are untested after that, but a WR has to step up every season. And then there's the TEs which, hopefully, will be a little better for a passing option this season.

I posted Chad as a joke, mostly because every off-season we get all tingly over how awesome our WR's are so I'm not sure why this is even a topic.  Also, Armon "totally Fitz and/or Cruz" Binns is on the Chiefs bench so I can't say we can get him and make him a HOFer anymore.
Reply/Quote
As long as Eifert and AJ Green are healthy I think we'll be just fine. We have an ample amount of weapons if you also consider that our run game with Hill and Bernard should be potent; not to mention Bernard catching out of the backfield.
Reply/Quote
Really? Hobson thinks the Bengals need another WR? Green, Jones, Sanu, Tate, Alford, Wright, Moore, Hamilton, and Reese. That's already going to be a battle to see who's on the roster and who's not. I mean, Moore is better than any free agent WR out there anyway and he fits the need the Bengals have (deep threat).

Doesn't make sense to me. I would think they'd want another guard since Hopkins is the only backup guard. Although Fisher can move inside, still. Little depth there. A lot more at the WR position.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 12:27 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Really? Hobson thinks the Bengals need another WR? Green, Jones, Sanu, Tate, Alford, Wright, Moore, Hamilton, and Reese. That's already going to be a battle to see who's on the roster and who's not. I mean, Moore is better than any free agent WR out there anyway and he fits the need the Bengals have (deep threat).

Doesn't make sense to me. I would think they'd want another guard since Hopkins is the only backup guard. Although Fisher can move inside, still. Little depth there. A lot more at the WR position.

I don't think Hobson says anything without it being cleared. For some reason the Bengals think they need another WR or maybe they want their WRs to think they think that.
Reply/Quote
uhm odd, but ok

Mike Williams
Wes Welker

I think those are the 2 best still left?

Mike would be interesting, but he's a PITA for teams and coaches.
Reply/Quote
Seems Hobson has less faith in Denarius Moore than most do. I thought Moore was a quality upgrade to our WRs.

What makes me sad is that Tate might still make the roster because of PR, yet Adam Jones or Giovani Bernard could be the primary PR and Alford could be the KR. Tate has never brought anything to the table as an actual WR.

Prior to the reports of Alford needing work at KR and securing the ball upon initially touching it, I projected the six WRs to be...
Green, Jones, Sanu, Moore, Wright, Alford
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 09:47 AM)67bengals Wrote: Cincy Jungle reporting that Hobson says Bengals need another WR.

Not sure I agree with Hob completely.

1) AJ Green
2) Marvin Jones - supposedly is looking outstanding and has not seemed to have missed a beat.
3) Mohamed Sanu - What a physical presence we could have in the slot it Jones can stay healthy.
4) James Wright - I am really excited to see this kid. He was really coming on strong prior to his injury. We could have found a real gem with this kid.
5) Denarius Moore - not a bad guy to have coming off the bench. See if he has anything left in the tank.
6) Mario Alford - While he may not see the field a lot he is a guy that could add a real spark at certain times.
7) Jake Kumerow - there were many very good reports on this small school kid around draft time. Has outstanding size. If he has the talent to match then we may have found a keeper.

Not sure what is out there and if there is something worthwhile they may bring a vet or two to camp. However, if we do I just hope some of the youngsters get a large number of reps as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 03:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: uhm odd, but ok

Mike Williams
Wes Welker

I think those are the 2 best still left?

Mike would be interesting, but he's a PITA for teams and coaches.

Welker might've been concussed for good.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 04:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seems Hobson has less faith in Denarius Moore than most do. I thought Moore was a quality upgrade to our WRs.

There is something foreboding about a guy who was benched and cut by the Raiders. Maybe it's different, but the Steelers seemed to try something eerily similar with Darius Heyward-Bey with less than sexy results.
Reply/Quote
I say we bring in Wes Welker as a 'scout'.

He can finally settle the Dalton debate, as he could tell better than anyone if the guy can get the job done.

If we brought in Wes Welker and he couldn't accomplish anything (before getting a concussion), then Andy may indeed need to go haha.
Reply/Quote
Dezmon Briscoe
Reply/Quote
Reggie Wayne
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 04:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: 5) Denarius Moore - not a bad guy to have coming off the bench. See if he has anything left in the tank.

You do know that Moore is only 26 right? He's the same age as Green. I don't think it has anything to do with having something left in the tank.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 05:49 PM)Tim_B Wrote: You do know that Moore is only 26 right? He's the same age as Green. I don't think it has anything to do with having something left in the tank.

In a role as a 4th or 5th WR, Moore should be just fine.  If anything, not being relied upon to be a "go-to guy" should allow him to relax and do what he does best.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In a role as a 4th or 5th WR, Moore should be just fine.  If anything, not being relied upon to be a "go-to guy" should allow him to relax and do what he does best.

I personally think Moore is better than Sanu.
Reply/Quote