Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nati#1 - 01-01-2019

I'd take Mcdaniels just cause I know he isn't afraid to get in somebody's ass. Something these guys have needed for awhile.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nebuchadnezzar - 01-01-2019

Every team looking for a new coach has interviews set up...

...except for the Bengals who only have requests to interview.

The Bengals are hiring from inside the organization and will say during the Hue Jackson as head coach press conference that all of the coach candidates were gone.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 05:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Zac Taylor ends up being the guy they ultimately hire, I think there's a good chance he would bring Aaron Kromer with him as well, as a veteran presence and his right hand guy. Kromer would be a big asset because of his experience with the run game and offensive line. 

That would be interesting.  I read that Kromer is an Ohio native.  Might be a tough choice for him to come back to Gray skied Ohio, after living in fair weathered LA.  But, it sure would be nice to see Mixon running that stretch play that the Rams execute so well with Gurley.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - rfaulk34 - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 05:56 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd take Mcdaniels just cause I know he isn't afraid to get in somebody's ass. 

Whoooooa now.

I ain't watching any of that...

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Do you think top candidates would want to come here? Out of the other teams out there, and you had a choice ( not saying these guys 100% do ), but if you had a pick, where would you think they would want to go?

We can make jokes about being with the Bengals and staying without winning, but ML was an aberration, in football and sports in general. A decent coach wants to win. They want to look good. They ultimately will lose their job one day, and how would they want that reputation ruined by the Bengals.

I get what you're saying, and understand completely.  However, many true professionals and masters of their craft like and embrace the opportunity to face a challenge that will put their talents and abilities to the test.  There is also a high degree of respect to be earned from one's peer for taking on a position with additional challenges, such as a very "hands on" type of owner, and being able to make it work with some degree of success.  Marvin Lewis might have his faults and limitations, but one thing that I'm completely certain of is that he is very highly respected in the NFL coaching community.  The fact that he lasted 16 years here, and finished with an above .500 record is a pretty solid achievement by NFL standards.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Benton - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 05:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Do you think top candidates would want to come here? Out of the other teams out there, and you had a choice ( not saying these guys 100% do ), but if you had a pick, where would you think they would want to go?

We can make jokes about being with the Bengals and staying without winning, but ML was an aberration, in football and sports in general. A decent coach wants to win. They want to look good. They ultimately will lose their job one day, and how would they want that reputation ruined by the Bengals.

Why wouldn't a coach want to come here? Outside of being a good coach, one of the second most important things a successful team needs us stability. There's arguably no team more stable than the Bengals.

A good coach knows it's going to take time to build a winning team. The Bengals are one of the few teams that will give you ample time.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Destro - 01-01-2019

Yeah, I think Marvin has tarnished himself. The Bengals were the face of dysfunction for so long with him consistently there. In this viral world, he became a target for media types to be a punching bag.

People have also lost their shot after taking bad jobs and then having it blow up on them. Ask Wilkes in Arizona. Not a hot candidate this year, but he was last year. Would someone trying to make a name for themselves take the job? Sure, if it is their only shot. If you are the hot candidate, Cincy is not the spot for you.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - bengalhoel - 01-01-2019

Why no Bieniemy yet? You think with the ties he would be on that list right now.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - fozzie11 - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 06:36 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Why no Bieniemy yet? You think with the ties he would be on that list right now.

I assume we wouldn't have time to fit in the interview this weekend, or maybe we reached out and he said no until they are eliminated, maybe Taylor is their #1 guy and getting him in was the priority.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Goalpost - 01-01-2019

Terms of contract should be interesting. Marv was making about 4.5 mil. Belichick is rumored to be around 11 mil. How many years and what kind of salary do you give a new coach here.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jason - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Benton Wrote: Why wouldn't a coach want to come here? Outside of being a good coach, one of the second most important things a successful team needs us stability. There's arguably no team more stable than the Bengals.

A good coach knows it's going to take time to build a winning team. The Bengals are one of the few teams that will give you ample time.

I really don't think we're that far away either... Both lines need some work, but that's about it. Fix the trenches, and a shot in the arm from a fresh voice, and I think we're back in bidness...

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-01-2019

Vance Joesph will interview this week for the HC job.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-01-2019

So that gives us:

Bill Lazor
Darrin Simmons
Hue Jackson
Josh McDaniels
Shane Waldron
Vance Joseph
Zac Taylor

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jfkbengals - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: I really don't think we're that far away either... Both lines need some work, but that's about it. Fix the trenches, and a shot in the arm from a fresh voice, and I think we're back in bidness...

I would say the LB corp is more important than the dline.

Fix them and I think the dline will look fantastic again.

My $.02

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Destro - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 06:29 PM)Benton Wrote: Why wouldn't a coach want to come here? Outside of being a good coach, one of the second most important things a successful team needs us stability. There's arguably no team more stable than the Bengals.

Time does not translate to success, as the Bengals have shown. Marvin has taken his hits, but Mike Brown has shoulder a lot of the blame for the joke this franchise has become. I think the success has been in spite of him, not because of him. Successful teams have also fired coordinators mid-season, had first or second year coaches go on and win. If the owner won't let you get rid of a coordinator or staff for the sake of stability, how is that beneficial?  Stability and being stale are separate things and this franchise has shown what it is.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - I_C_DeadPeople - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 08:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Time does not translate to success, as the Bengals have shown. Marvin has taken his hits, but Mike Brown has shoulder a lot of the blame for the joke this franchise has become. I think the success has been in spite of him, not because of him. Successful teams have also fired coordinators mid-season, had first or second year coaches go on and win. If the owner won't let you get rid of a coordinator or staff for the sake of stability, how is that beneficial?  Stability and being stale are separate things and this franchise has shown what it is.

Interesting comments from a Broncos player, think it was Von Miller, said their team team was still stuck in 2015 the SuperBowl year. I am not knocking Vance Joseph here specifically but Miller said the league changes every year and teams have to evolve and he said the Broncos did not do that. Same could be said for Merv - our team was always years behind the league in many aspects of planning and scheming and playing.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 08:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So that gives us:

Bill Lazor
Darrin Simmons
Hue Jackson
Josh McDaniels
Shane Waldron
Vance Joseph
Zac Taylor

There is no confirmation we will interview McDaniels only that we requested to.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Big Boss - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is no confirmation we will interview McDaniels only that we requested to.

I'm just listing people we have at least reached out to.

(01-01-2019, 09:24 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm just listing people we have at least reached out to.

Gotcha

Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - THE Bigzoman - 01-01-2019

As reported by reporters.