Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is (/Thread-I-don-t-think-you-guys-realize-HOW-GOOD-JaMarr-Chase-is)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - hollodero - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There are some people that have Slater ahead of him. Most notably Daniel Jeremiah.

Ah well, I still think it's fair to say that Sewell is the consensus top prospect.

I just found people who call Waddle the top WR in the draft. Still Chase is the consensus best WR prospect too.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 01:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Solid argument. I believe however even over the past 10 or even 20 years, our success largely hinged on an okay to above average line and explosive #1 WR in AJ and Chad more so than any absolute stud of a Oline. I also don’t think we need to find a “hidden gem” at pick 38 as there will be plenty of IOL there. That’s my opinion. I’d rather Chase or Pitts with 2nd OG but if they go Sewell, I’d understand and also be pumped.

I'd say the early Palmer days had a stud line....and Dalton era too early on. When it was Whit/Boling/Bodine/Zeitler/Smith, it was a pretty damn good unit, with Bodine being the weak link.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure what your point is on where he was picked. But Jefferson clearly wasn’t a case of being elevated by Burrow like you suggested. Unless you think Cousins is an elite QB.

Anyway, Chase was even better than Jefferson at LSU. So he’s not making it to 22.

I was referencing the TE and Marshall and possibly Chase at LSU with Burrow.

My point with Jefferson is that the best WR in the class was drafted 22nd. That happens a lot. It does not happen nearly so often with OTs.

One of many reasons ro take the generational tackle prospect over the excellent WR prospect.

FWIW, does anyone have the pro day #s for Chase AND the other top WRs. Compare him to Smith, Waddle, Bateman, and Moore + others.

Maybe he is generational, but I am highly dubious.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Murdock2420 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:06 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Honestly if we traded back to say 8or9 with Carolina/Denver and took Slater and got some more draft capital I would be all for it, even if it meant missing on Pitts/Chase/Sewell.

Yeah, if ever there was a time to trade down, this is that draft. 3 or 4 QBs going top 5 so even at pick 8 or 9 these is still going to be a pick time talent sitting there. Plus, this team has so many different holes, OL needs help, TE room needs help, WR needs help, Edge rusher is needed, IDL is a little better with Daniels but a young guy would be a nice addition. I'd even consider looking at a safety late for when Bell is gone. Plenty of places to upgrade and only 8 picks.

What this really makes me realize, is how badly this team is managed. Green, Atkins, Dalton, Dunlap, WJIII, all gone... and you got 1 7th round pick for them all.

That's horrible. 

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oh my god

well that changes everything

why didnt anyone tell me Daniel "jesus" Jeremiah doesnt think Sewell is the best OT prospect?

I feel silly

This is exactly what Wes was talking about. Your asshole button is like permanently stuck on 11. That poster I responded to asked how Sewell is not the consensus OL1 in this draft, I pointed out a reputable draft analyst (not my neighbor or some random guy on a message board) that has another player higher. What don’t you understand? Nobody is saying his opinion is infallible, or even right, but there is at least some debate. It’s not like Lawrence or Pitts who are undoubtedly the consensus #1 at their position.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am not going to be upset in the slightest if they pick Chase. He looks like the real deal, I love what I have seen from him. However, I am in on Sewell. If I am the GM, I am picking Sewell and moving on, grabbing Amon-Ra St. Brown in the second.

This.....

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nicomo Cosca - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ah well, I still think it's fair to say that Sewell is the consensus top prospect.

I just found people who call Waddle the top WR in the draft. Still Chase is the consensus best WR prospect too.

You’ll probably find people that have Smith, too. It’s not like with Lawrence or Pitts, so it’s hard to say there’s a true consensus.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - hollodero - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ll probably find people that have Smith, too. It’s not like with Lawrence or Pitts, so it’s hard to say there’s a true consensus.

Right, Lawrence and Pitts are even clearer Number ones at their positions than Chase or Sewell are at theirs. I give you that. What I wouldn't give you is that Sewell is not worth a Number 5 pick, regardless of need (of which the Bengals have plenty on that position). Singular dissenters aside, that seems to be some kind of consensus, that taking Sewell at 5 is not a reach, and that most people rank him ahead of Slater.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is exactly what Wes was talking about. Your asshole button is like permanently stuck on 11. That poster I responded to asked how Sewell is not the consensus OL1 in this draft, I pointed out a reputable draft analyst (not my neighbor or some random guy on a message board) that has another player higher. What don’t you understand? Nobody is saying his opinion is infallible, or even right, but there is at least some debate. It’s not like Lawrence or Pitts who are undoubtedly the consensus #1 at their position.

Slater is WAY more versatile than Sewell and has done it for longer. I can understand Jeremiah's thoughts its just...

Sewell has crazy upside with his feet, length, he plays to the whistle, is a GREAT run blocker and has insane athleticism.

And I still would take Pitts before him, that is how crazy Pitts is as a prospect.

(03-31-2021, 02:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Cousins is underrated.

Elite? No

Very good? Yes.

Jefferson may have benefited from having a guy like Thielen across from him, who is not only one of the best receivers in the game, but also one of the most underrated.

Im not sure he's like Diggs where Diggs is a 1 man show..

But he could be. Idk

But Jefferson definitely benefited from having Thielen across from him. Also having a guy like Dalvin Cook in the back field helps

I wanted Cook over Mixon.... Cry

(03-31-2021, 03:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: Right, Lawrence and Pitts are even clearer Number ones at their positions than Chase or Sewell are at theirs. I give you that. What I wouldn't give you is that Sewell is not worth a Number 5 pick, regardless of need (of which the Bengals have plenty on that position). Singular dissenters aside, that seems to be some kind of consensus, that taking Sewell at 5 is not a reach, and that most people rank him ahead of Slater.

I never even remotely suggested Sewell isn’t worth the #5 pick.

(03-31-2021, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this as well.

It is the year of 1 year deals, we can extend Reiff if he plays well this season.

BTW if you want a Chris Henry type, Tamarrion Terry WR Florida State really reminds me of Henry and we could get him in the
mid rounds. 6'4" just like Henry and has that other gear without the off the field problems.

It is insane for a Receiver that big, Pitts is a better route runner already than Eifert was in his prime in 2015. Crazy.

Eifert was the best route running TE in football that year IMO. Pitts is even better, is bigger AND can play WR.

Ooooh, I like Scary Terry.

(03-31-2021, 03:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I never even remotely suggested Sewell isn’t worth the #5 pick.

OK, that's fair enough.
I take it you wouldn't be too mad if they took Sewell at 5 then, just as I would not be too mad if they take Chase?

(03-31-2021, 03:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK, that's fair enough.
I take it you wouldn't be too mad if they took Sewell at 5 then, just as I would not be too mad if they take Chase?

I’d be ecstatic with Sewell. Give me him, Pitts or Chase and I’m a happy fan.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - PDub80 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:24 PM)hollodero Wrote: Right, Lawrence and Pitts are even clearer Number ones at their positions than Chase or Sewell are at theirs. I give you that. What I wouldn't give you is that Sewell is not worth a Number 5 pick, regardless of need (of which the Bengals have plenty on that position). Singular dissenters aside, that seems to be some kind of consensus, that taking Sewell at 5 is not a reach, and that most people rank him ahead of Slater.

Pitts in no way, shape or form is a normal NFL TE. He will be a WR, or used that way. He will get blown up blocking in line. Tough for me to count Pitts as a TE in actuality. Like, I get that he's listed at TE, but I think the kid from Penn State is the better NFL TE prospect.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ooooh, I like Scary Terry.

Was waiting for you to comment about your guy Wyche lol

Throw last season out the window with all the BS and him being injured.

Very underrated WR prospect in this class with his 9 route speed. Just like Henry honestly, the similarities are astonishing.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Benton - 03-31-2021

How far can chase run in the two seconds before burrow gets pancaked?

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Frank Booth - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is exactly what Wes was talking about. Your asshole button is like permanently stuck on 11. That poster I responded to asked how Sewell is not the consensus OL1 in this draft, I pointed out a reputable draft analyst (not my neighbor or some random guy on a message board) that has another player higher. What don’t you understand? Nobody is saying his opinion is infallible, or even right, but there is at least some debate. It’s not like Lawrence or Pitts who are undoubtedly the consensus #1 at their position.

yea I'll admit im a bit of an asshole, I guess.

But dont accuse me of saying things I never said.

I dont do the name calling business

(03-31-2021, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was waiting for you to comment about your guy Wyche lol

Throw last season out the window with all the BS and him being injured.

Very underrated WR prospect in this class with his 9 route speed. Just like Henry honestly, the similarities are astonishing.

Yes, and has pretty damn good hands to boot. He hasn't had a very good QB his entire time at FSU, line play has been as bad as, or worse than ours. Terry would be a nice pick at WR if we go Sewell/Slater/Pitts in round 1. 

To be honest, it's been so dismal in Tallahassee for so long.....I wasn't even thinking about him. He'd be a steal for us, IMO.

RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - coachmcneil71 - 03-31-2021

(03-31-2021, 02:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: good question, easy answer

the year he won mvp which had austin hooper at tight end

also his 2018 was pretty great as well.

That's when he was at his best

I personally think you're bending your argument so you can justify why Pitts is the best choice

Because Ryan wasnt at his best when he had Tony G at TE

Dude, you lost all credibility with me when you tried to twist your point by placing Austin Hooper in the same breath as HOF TE Tony Gonzales.

Obviously, you don't know me. You can reply if you like, but it's pointless. I won't even consider addressing you again until you gain some tenure here. Good day.