Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Please calm me down... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Please calm me down... (/Thread-Please-calm-me-down)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Please calm me down... - yellowxdiscipline - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 09:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Then you and all of your "friends and associates" all must suffer from the same form of football talent selection disorder.  I can distinctly remember you jumping up and down all over these boards, gushing about Jordan Love, just about 6 weeks ago.  What happened?  Did you fall out of love with Love?  Now you've moved on to plugging crippled Tua as the next "greatest of all time"?

"BuT BuRrOw WaS oNlY gOoD fOr OnE yEaR"

"wHy DiDnT hE sTaRt aT oHiO sTaTe?"

Shit is getting tiring. 

RE: Please calm me down... - Nicomo Cosca - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 12:18 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: "BuT BuRrOw WaS oNlY gOoD fOr OnE yEaR"

Shit is getting tiring. 

“Getting?” It’s been tired.

Go back and look at some of Burrow’s games down the stretch in 2018. Especially the Fiesta Bowl against UCF. He was damn good.

RE: Please calm me down... - KillerGoose - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 03:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Teams were going all after Ryan leaf too. Oh yeah rg3 too. Just bc teams go after someone dosent mean he’s a good player.
Bet bridgewater looks like a 10 qb next year.
Nah I know of at least 30-50 of my friends and associates/work colleagues at a minimum who will hate if we draft burrow.

Aren’t you the same goof that was guaranteeing Murray wouldn’t go #1 OA last year? Also saying he wasn’t very good?

Absolutely no one here is going to put any stock into anything you’re saying.

RE: Please calm me down... - jason - 04-04-2020

It's cool... When the season's cancelled, and we pick first again next year, we'll have both Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence. Zac Taylor's innovative mind will revolutionize the game of football with his 2 QB offense. We just have to be patient... Championship!

(04-04-2020, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Getting?” It’s been tired.

Go back and look at some of Burrow’s games down the stretch in 2018. Especially the Fiesta Bowl against UCF. He was damn good.

That was a good ass game. Loved how chippy it was. Gonna have to rewatch. 

RE: Please calm me down... - Gdale_Bengal - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 03:22 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Teams were going all after Ryan leaf too. Oh yeah rg3 too. Just bc teams go after someone dosent mean he’s a good player.
Nah I know of at least 30-50 of my friends and associates/work colleagues at a minimum who will hate if we draft burrow.

Ryan leaf had an attitude problem and RG3 got injured. They were busts not because of talent. Don’t be stupid. Burrow doesn’t have an attitude issue but he could get a knee injury and mess him up. Same with any player.

RE: Please calm me down... - bengalfan74 - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We really need negative rep here...

Hoping the kid “busts hard?” WTF. You must be a secret Steelers fan. No Bengals fan would hope for such a thing.

Absolute clown shoes.

This guy is a total joke

Hilarious Yawn

RE: Please calm me down... - Gdale_Bengal - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 01:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Aren’t you the same goof that was guaranteeing Murray wouldn’t go #1 OA last year? Also saying he wasn’t very good?

Absolutely no one here is going to put any stock into anything you’re saying.

No, put stock into it. If he’s the opposite then Burrow is going to be great his first year

RE: Please calm me down... - Essex Johnson - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Getting?” It’s been tired.

UCF is a bad example..since they just believe in outscoring teams.. college football today is inflated numbers for sure with the pace of the game and what seems a lack of tackling skills being emphasised.  Even with a solid1/2 season Junior year, Burrow coming into Senior Year was projected by most draft boards I could find 3/4 round pick... Moving all the way up to #1 pick with really one great year (though again I feel college numbers are way out of balance) and a good junior year does make you pause.  I understand taking him #1 but I dont feel as confident that he is a can't miss QB like P. Manning and Luck .. I would put him in the  Newton, Stafford #1 feel for me... and above the Mayfield, Brafford, Goff #1

RE: Please calm me down... - Essex Johnson - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 02:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Ryan leaf had an attitude problem and RG3 got injured. They were busts not because of talent. Don’t be stupid. Burrow doesn’t have an attitude issue but he could get a knee injury and mess him up. Same with any player.

I get tired of hearing K. Carter was a bust for us.. a injury did him in.... though RG3 down hill play was no just injury... I do believe he did not amount to the level of play overall for his pick position

So that negates the thousands of people that think we should draft Joe?

If the Dolphins are in prime position to draft Tua who you've deemed the better QB, then why are they loading up picks for potential trade for Burrow?

RE: Please calm me down... - Nately120 - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 03:12 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So that negates the thousands of people that think we should draft Joe?

If the Dolphins are in prime position to draft Tua who you've deemed the better QB, then why are they loading up picks for potential trade for Burrow?

In all fairness, the Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen so I'm not sure saying the Dolphins want Burrow is evidence that Burrow is good.

(04-04-2020, 03:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, the Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen so I'm not sure saying the Dolphins want Burrow is evidence that Burrow is good.

I would have given a 2nd for Rosen. Could start if you needed him to, and still under his rookie deal. 

RE: Please calm me down... - McC - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 03:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, the Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for Josh Rosen so I'm not sure saying the Dolphins want Burrow is evidence that Burrow is good.

Right.  Because a second round pick is exactly the same as several firsts and a few seconds in more than one draft.

RE: Please calm me down... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 05:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Burrow had the best season in the history of college football. Case closed.     Lawrence struggled the last two games overthrow after overthrow definitely not looking like a number 1 pick.   Jpoore can’t be serious about anything he says.   There’s no way he’s being serious.   50 coworkers rioting ?     The quarantine period has taken a toll on him.  Poor guy

That's what I was thinking, something just isn't right in his head right now... Nervous

(04-04-2020, 03:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: UCF is a bad example..since they just believe in outscoring teams.. college football today is inflated numbers for sure with the pace of the game and what seems a lack of tackling skills being emphasised.  Even with a solid1/2 season Junior year, Burrow coming into Senior Year was projected by most draft boards I could find 3/4 round pick... Moving all the way up to #1 pick with really one great year (though again I feel college numbers are way out of balance) and a good junior year does make you pause.  I understand taking him #1 but I dont feel as confident that he is a can't miss QB like P. Manning and Luck .. I would put him in the  Newton, Stafford #1 feel for me... and above the Mayfield, Brafford, Goff #1

No it’s not. Burrow beat the #8 team in the country in a bowl game in 2018. Period. The whole “he never did anything before Joe Brady” is just simply not true.

(04-04-2020, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. Burrow beat the #8 team in the country in a bowl game in 2018. Period. The whole “he never did anything before Joe Brady” is just simply not true.

He just needed the right fit and that Saints style Offense Brady implemented was it.

What is nice is it is close to what Taylor likes to run, so we are also a good fit. Just need to make some little changes...

RE: Please calm me down... - JerseyDD09 - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 12:18 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: "BuT BuRrOw WaS oNlY gOoD fOr OnE yEaR"

Shit is getting tiring. 

1. He wasn't "Good" for one year. He was "good" for 1 year in 2018 with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator and game plan. And, He was "The BEST EVER in College Football HISTORY" under a Pro style New Orleans Saints offense. An offense which Concepts and WR Tree route every NFL team bases their offense off of other than maybe Baltimore.
An offense that is perfectly suited for a Zac Taylor type offense, who runs 11 personnel more than any NFL team in the league last year at a 70% clip. Guess how many 3 and 4 WR sets the LSU offense YD???? A LOT!
If you understood basic football concepts such as this YD, you would never be questioning this draft pick since Burrow's Completion Accuracy was also over 73%, one of the best of all time.

2. He didn't start at OSU b/c in his Sophomore year, he got a fluke injury on his throwing thumb; and JT Barrett won the job and took off running all the way to the National title. OSU also doesn't run a pro style offense, more compatible for a JT Barrett or a Braxton Miller, without a WR tree route which most NFL teams run. Please tell me which OSU QB has succeeded in the NFL recently???

3. Shit is getting tiring debating with guys like you the basic concepts of Pro football, making arguments that hold no bearing whatsoever, with little evidence to show for it. Spitting out basic, generic sentences with no back up evidence whatsoever.

Lastly, even if you were correct that it was a 1 year wonder type of QB. I'd still take my chances with a guy like Burrow. Why?
1. His "One year wonder" theory by you and others was after all in the most ready Pro style league year after year in the SEC.
2. He did it against the best overall teams, winning more Top 20 games than anyone did and beating the best teams from every other league.
3. His list of teams he took down were:  AT ALABAMA (Do you know how hard that is YD)?, Georgia twice, Auburn (Best defense in College), Oklahoma, Clemson
4. He's a Coaches son, and he took every challenge on in regards to learning to the next level.
5. His competitive nature is already in the myths of Aaron Rodgers according to his teammates.
6. His throwing motion, accuracy and leadership qualities are compared to Tom Brady according to football analysts.
7. When you have a hands down Overall CONSENSUS #1 QB such as Burrow is, you can't pass him up if you're drafting #1. If you pass on him, and he goes on to greatness, the Franchise who passed on them would be hammered for years and years to come. It would be devastating even to a floundering franchise like our Bengals.

Please come at us with more evidence than the garbage you and Jmoore are spouting out. It's embarrassing.

(04-04-2020, 04:40 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: 1. He wasn't "Good" for one year. He was "good" for 1 year in 2018 with a mediocre Offensive Coordinator and game plan. And, He was "The BEST EVER in College Football HISTORY" under a Pro style New Orleans Saints offense. An offense which Concepts and WR Tree route every NFL team bases their offense off of other than maybe Baltimore.
An offense that is perfectly suited for a Zac Taylor type offense, who runs 11 personnel more than any NFL team in the league last year at a 70% clip. Guess how many 3 and 4 WR sets the LSU offense YD????  A LOT!
If you understood basic football concepts such as this YD, you would never be questioning this draft pick since Burrow's Completion Accuracy was also over 73%, one of the best of all time.

2. He didn't start at OSU b/c in his Sophomore year, he got a fluke injury on his throwing thumb; and JT Barrett won the job and took off running all the way to the National title. OSU also doesn't run a pro style offense, more compatible for a JT Barrett or a Braxton Miller, without a WR tree route which most NFL teams run. Please tell me which OSU QB has succeeded in the NFL recently???

3. Shit is getting tiring debating with guys like you the basic concepts of Pro football, making arguments that hold no bearing whatsoever, with little evidence to show for it. Spitting out basic, generic sentences with no back up evidence whatsoever.

Lastly, even if you were correct that it was a 1 year wonder type of QB. I'd still take my chances with a guy like Burrow. Why?
1. His "One year wonder" theory by you and others was after all in the most ready Pro style league year after year in the SEC.
2. He did it against the best overall teams, winning more Top 20 games than anyone did and beating the best teams from every other league.
3. His list of teams he took down were:  AT ALABAMA (Do you know how hard that is YD)?, Georgia twice, Auburn (Best defense in College), Oklahoma, Clemson
4. He's a Coaches son, and he took every challenge on in regards to learning to the next level.
5. His competitive nature is already in the myths of Aaron Rodgers according to his teammates.
6. His throwing motion, accuracy and leadership qualities are compared to Tom Brady according to football analysts.
7. When you have a hands down Overall CONSENSUS #1 QB such as Burrow is, you can't pass him up if you're drafting #1. If you pass on him, and he goes on to greatness, the Franchise who passed on them would be hammered for years and years to come. It would be devastating even to a floundering franchise like our Bengals.

Please come at us with more evidence than the garbage you and Jmoore are spouting out. It's embarrassing.

YXD isn't questioning the Burrow draft pick Jersey, he is making fun of the one's questioning the Burrow draft pick.

Maybe he should of added this. Sarcasm

Umm...yellow was CLEARLY being sarcastic...