Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. (/Thread-This-is-the-Worst-Free-Agency-I-ve-Ever-Seen-since-Burrow-was-Drafted)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Gdale_Bengal - 03-15-2023

Honestly, all these guys are replaceable. We knew bates was leaving and Bell will be tough to lose, but the safety market isn’t drying up.

I’m more concerned about RT. If they sign Jamal Williams, a RT, a vet TE-which isn’t drying up either, and sign a safety which is still all doable, the draft can be all offense with TEs and RBs and OTs.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Soonerpeace - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have questions.

1) Does ANYONE think we should have paid BATES $16 mil a year and $62 mil total?
2) Does ANYONE think we should have paid HURST $7 mil a year and $21 mil total?
3) Does ANYONE think we should have paid PERINE $3.5 mil a year to be RB2?

ANYONE?

Now, Bell is a different story. But if you answer NO three times, kindly stop b!tching.

You are on target and exactly right. Lou is a secondary guy. I’ve been told he really likes Tycen. We’ll see if they bring someone in from FA for insurance. The TE class I’d loaded so I bet that fixes TE. Personally I was hoping for a tackle first round. But free agency needs to play out.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are on target and exactly right. Lou is a secondary guy. I’ve been told he really likes Tycen. We’ll see if they bring someone in from FA for insurance. The TE class I’d loaded so I bet that fixes TE. Personally I was hoping for a tackle first round. But free agency needs to play out.

He's already expressed desire in bringing a vet safety in.

And considering his on-record statements about not wanting to play Dax oout of fear of spooking him, the safety room went from BEST to SUS overnight.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have questions.

1) Does ANYONE think we should have paid BATES $16 mil a year and $62 mil total?

ANYONE?

Now, Bell is a different story. But if you answer NO three times, kindly stop b!tching.

I'm not in panic mode or anything, but just because you said no three times doesn't mean you can't be concerned that there's a lot of holes now and the Bengals need to find some replacements.

But I do agree with you that the only loss that hurts and absolutely should have been matched was Bell.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:55 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He's already expressed desire in bringing a vet safety in.

And considering his on-record statements about not wanting to play Dax oout of fear of spooking him, the safety room went from BEST to SUS overnight.

So, you would have paid Bates? 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Synric - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not in panic mode or anything, but just because you said no three times doesn't mean you can't be concerned that there's a lot of holes now and the Bengals need to find some replacements.

But I do agree with you that the only loss that hurts and absolutely should have been matched was Bell.

To me the Bell signing is nearly balanced by the Pratt signing who I did not expect back and would have been another non-premium position hole to fill. I get the difference is the 2 fresh starting players to one position group. It does help that it looks like every other starter on the defense besides the safeties will be returning. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Soonerpeace - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not in panic mode or anything, but just because you said no three times doesn't mean you can't be concerned that there's a lot of holes now and the Bengals need to find some replacements.

This

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. And there were more guys that I didn't list. So those were my preference, but there were some other guys that help us too.

For sure there are more, I do like Eluemunor more than any other RT out there though. I hope we get him as he is a decent pass protector
and probably an upgrade over LC at least in this aspect he is. Julian Love is one heck of a talent at Safety and can play either position, same 
as Dax. Thornhill is also versatile and Rapp reminds me of Bell a lot before he came here.

(03-15-2023, 05:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: We will. Burrow turned Uzomah and Hurst into the same guy who basically got the same deal. I would be curious if someone like Geisecki or Foster Moreau don't look at that and think maybe a one year stop over in Cincinnati isn't the worst idea.

Yeah, it is just a question if we add the next TE for Burrow in FA or in the Draft or both. Geisecki or Moreau like you said might 
see how guys like CJ and Hayden got paid after being here and sign a 1 year deal with us, makes sense.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Tomkat - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure there are more, I do like Eluemunor more than any other RT out there though. I hope we get him as he is a decent pass protector
and probably an upgrade over LC at least in this aspect he is. Julian Love is one heck of a talent at Safety and can play either position, same 
as Dax. Thornhill is also versatile and Rapp reminds me of Bell a lot before he came here.

Yeah, it is just a question if we add the next TE for Burrow in FA or in the Draft or both. Geisecki or Moreau like you said might 
see how guys like CJ and Hayden got paid after being here and sign a 1 year deal with us, makes sense.

Gesicki was a beast for PSU, would love to see him as a Bengal.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

I think that is fair.

I was responding to the "sky is falling" types who started the thread. You can tell they are trolls because they continue to whine despite the fact they admit they would not have matched the offers. I view not answering the question as an admission. 

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - OSUfan - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 06:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Gesicki was a beast for PSU, would love to see him as a Bengal.

He is not a real good blocker and I would not want him for the price tag they are expecting for him.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - NotBigzo - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 07:00 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think that is fair.

I was responding to the "sky is falling" types who started the thread. You can tell they are trolls because they continue to whine despite the fact they admit they would not have matched the offers. I view not answering the question as an admission. 

When did I say this?

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - OSUfan - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 05:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I have questions.

ANYONE?

Nailed it!

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 06:08 PM)Synric Wrote: To me the Bell signing is nearly balanced by the Pratt signing who I did not expect back and would have been another non-premium position hole to fill. I get the difference is the 2 fresh starting players to one position group. It does help that it looks like every other starter on the defense besides the safeties will be returning. 

Not just 2 fresh starting players to one position group, but Bell played 95% and 99% of the snaps the last 2 years. Pratt has missed a game each of the last 2 years and played 69% and 76% of the snaps in the games he did play. 

You can't really balance losing an every down player with keeping a 2 down player. Not touching on the whole intangibles aspect of Pratt throwing his teammate under the bus vs Bell being a team captain, and the only captain for the back 7 (which is a lesser concern, but still something for consideration).

But yeah, it probably mostly just boils down to me liking at least 1 quality known factor in a position group. Would probably feel less bad if it didn't seem like Dax was constantly making dumb penalties every time he saw the field in his limited snaps. At least we know Wilson is very good so long as his shoulder holds up.

(03-15-2023, 05:58 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So, you would have paid Bates? 

I would've paid Bell. I made this clear in the OP.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - RunKijanaRun - 03-15-2023

Thornhill off the board.

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - 007BengalsFan - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 07:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not just 2 fresh starting players to one position group, but Bell played 95% and 99% of the snaps the last 2 years. Pratt has missed a game each of the last 2 years and played 69% and 76% of the snaps in the games he did play. 

You can't really balance losing an every down player with keeping a 2 down player. Not touching on the whole intangibles aspect of Pratt throwing his teammate under the bus vs Bell being a team captain, and the only captain for the back 7 (which is a lesser concern, but still something for consideration).

But yeah, it probably mostly just boils down to me liking at least 1 quality known factor in a position group. Would probably feel less bad if it didn't seem like Dax was constantly making dumb penalties every time he saw the field in his limited snaps. At least we know Wilson is very good so long as his shoulder holds up.

Another big difference with Pratt is even if you lose him, you still have Logan Wilson at LB.  You lose Bell, you have just lost both of your starting safeties

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - casear2727 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 07:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Thornhill off the board.

Browns got him..... do we now take John Johnson?  Im sure Cleveland fans would mock us, until Lou gets him back to 2020 form.....

Johnson would not impact our comp pick and has lots of experience, wouldnt hate it....

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - casear2727 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 08:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Another big difference with Pratt is even if you lose him, you still have Logan Wilson at LB.  You lose Bell, you have just lost both of your starting safeties

If we were to lose 2 starters from any positon group on O or D which would you rather?  Although not optimal, Safety seems to be the easiest to overcome, especially with a 1st Rounder ready to step in one of the spots...

RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - StoneTheCrow - 03-15-2023

I mocked this with it being like 14 minutes into the tampering period but maybe OP was right LOL