Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks (/Thread-AJ-Green-hurt-Will-miss-6-8-weeks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - THE PISTONS - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As awesome as Mixon is, if we have a bad line and one or maybe 2 real receiving options things could get icky.

Yep. Teams will focus on stopping the run.

I really do like Boyd, but I don't think he's a #1 caliber guy that will make defenses double him.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - McC - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. All that "hope" about someone stepping up and everything working out...this is the Mike Brown owned Bengals we're talking about. 

You seem to have gone off the deep end a bit.  Worried about you a little.

(07-29-2019, 01:16 PM)bengaloo Wrote: It would be a huge help at this point if Eifert could pull off a full season of health. That would certainly ease the blow of losing Green if he has to miss some games. If that happens and we get some improved play from our younger WRs we may shock some people, probably especially us Bengal fans.

Eifert is a guy that defenses have to focus on.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Bengalholic - 07-29-2019

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Socal Bengals fan - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Everything is fine. There is nothing to see here. Just a bone bruise

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I was diagnosed with a Grade 3 ankle sprain years back.  I was jumping down off the steps on a box truck and landed full weight on a wheel chock, totally folding my foot underneath me.  That bump on the outside of my ankle literally scraped the asphalt.  I went in for X-rays and they told me it wasn't broken, but it would have been better if it was.  After a month of PT, it was totally fine, no surgery needed, and it's never bothered me since.  Everyone is different, and everyone recovers differently.

Yep. I've rolled my ankle, folded it over, many times in my life and never has so much as a sprain.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - XenoMorph - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Teams will focus on stopping the run.

I really do like Boyd, but I don't think he's a #1 caliber guy that will make defenses double him.

Eifert boyd and Ross* should be enough to make defenses not focus on the run

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - rfaulk34 - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:24 PM)McC Wrote: You seem to have gone off the deep end a bit.  Worried about you a little.

Nah. That post was as matter-of-fact as possible. I'm not down or upset about anything that has happened. I'm just used to the "norm" of what happens to this  team and my expectations for the year are zero.

But i'll still watch and cheer. I don't seem to be able to stop myself from doing that. 

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-29-2019

(07-28-2019, 04:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: 6-8 weeks recovery is unrealistic IMO. It depends on gradient and which ligaments were "torn". It will also depend if surgery is required. Even if Green returns to play this season, there is over 50% chance re-injury occurs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10028133

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17260117

If what Schefter reported is correct then he has a Grade III ankle sprain (torn ligaments). Usually the anterior talofibular ligament followed by the calcaneofibular ligament in that order. Basically, it's the same injury Eifert had. Six to eight weeks is completely realistic. In most people, treatment is conservative and they use a boot to immobilize the ankle to allow the ligaments to heal without surgery. If the ligaments don't heal like they should they may do surgery later. Which is why it took Eifert so long to recover. In an NFL athlete they might offer surgery right away, but for you or me they wouldn't do surgery in most cases until conservative treatment failed.

(07-29-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Sounds like he's dinged up.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - bengaloo - 07-29-2019

8 weeks from yesterday would put him on pace to be ready by Sept 15th. That would be game 2 at home against San Fran.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - RASCAL - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eifert is a guy that defenses have to focus on.

thats right! at least for a game or 2!

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - jj22 - 07-29-2019

Reports his foot is still intact are encouraging.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Truck_1_0_1_ - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 04:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports his foot is still intact are encouraging.

You wanna stop?

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - psychdoctor - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 02:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If what Schefter reported is correct then he has a Grade III ankle sprain (torn ligaments). Usually the anterior talofibular ligament followed by the calcaneofibular ligament in that order. Basically, it's the same injury Eifert had. Six to eight weeks is completely realistic. In most people, treatment is conservative and they use a boot to immobilize the ankle to allow the ligaments to heal without surgery. If the ligaments don't heal like they should they may do surgery later. Which is why it took Eifert so long to recover.  In an NFL athlete they might offer surgery right away, but for you or me they wouldn't do surgery in most cases until conservative treatment failed.

I hope you and Shracer are correct.  I am not optimistic and I am usually bubbly around here on these boards.  

Grade 2 ankle sprain can have partial torn ligaments and I could see Green recovering in about 8 weeks.  Not sure he would be game ready however.  But Grade 3 would indicate complete tearing.  I would be surprise if they do not put Green on IR with possibility of his return mid season.  

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope you and Shracer are correct.  I am not optimistic and I am usually bubbly around here on these boards.  

Grade 2 ankle sprain can have partial torn ligaments and I could see Green recovering in about 8 weeks.  Not sure he would be game ready however.  But Grade 3 would indicate complete tearing.  I would be surprise if they do not put Green on IR with possibility of his return mid season.  

I just viewed the second video of the injury slowed and zoomed in. AJ suffered an eversion injury to the ankle and not the more common inversion injury. This means the most likely torn ligament is the deltoid ligament on the medial side instead of the ATF and CF ligaments on the lateral side.

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - Nicomo Cosca - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You wanna stop?

Better to laugh than cry...

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - BengalFanInNJ - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 09:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You wanna stop?

C'mon. That was actually funny. 

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - BengalFanInNJ - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 11:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I just viewed the second video of the injury slowed and zoomed in.  AJ suffered an eversion injury to the ankle and not the more common inversion injury. This means the most likely torn ligament is the deltoid ligament on the medial side instead of the ATF and CF ligaments on the lateral side.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

RE: AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks - NKURyan - 07-30-2019

(07-29-2019, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Teams will focus on stopping the run.

He did have 21 catches for 311 yards in games he played without AJ. That's still 14 yards per reception, and that's with Jeff Driskel out there for two of those games when he was basically the only receiving threat they had. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster in the one game where he had to go out there and be the #1 guy only went for 37 yards on 5 catches. Against the worst defense in the league, too, in a game the Steelers absolutely, positively HAD to win.

Boyd may not be the prototypical #1, but I think he can get it done if called on. He's maybe not going to go out there and give you 150+ yards, but you can count on him to give you solid production even if he's the only guy out there who seems willing or able to make a catch. I could see him being a 2008-era TJ Houshmanzadeh kind of #1 (and make no mistake, TJ was the #1 WR that year).