Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Orlando brown… welcome - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Orlando brown… welcome (/Thread-Orlando-brown%E2%80%A6-welcome)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Sled21 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok, so this was completely unexpected.

However, this almost creates more questions than answers.

Is Brown playing LT or RT? (I thought he confirmed it will be LT)
Does Jonah move to RT?
Do they trade Jonah?
What about Collins when he's healthy?
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!
Freakout

It means we're not going to be totally screwed if we suffer o-line injuries this year. Jonah can be RT or backup swing for all I care. Collins the same. It will be nice to have more to choose from than we had last year. 

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - THE PISTONS - 03-16-2023

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Nepa - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Goodberry is probably correct. He's not a superstar OT. I read where his block win rate for KC (92%) placed him 18th among all offensive tackles. But, still those who are saying he's the best left tackle since Whitworth are also correct. Four consecutive probowls, when none of our other OL even have one probowl. Major upgrade at a position of need. And he's been healthy and settles the OL for four years, versus the stopgaps the Bengals used in Riley Reiff and some others.

Apparently what sold him on the Bengals was a commitment for him to play left tackle, while other teams wanted him for the right. 

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It means we're not going to be totally screwed if we suffer o-line injuries this year. Jonah can be RT or backup swing for all I care. Collins the same. It will be nice to have more to choose from than we had last year. 

Yep, if they keep them all, we went from horrible depth on the line to pretty damn good.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - sloSTI - 03-16-2023

I thought ESPN just had an update with Cody Ford visiting Bengals but I don't know if I seen it right

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Synric - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:01 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I thought ESPN just had an update with Cody Ford visiting Bengals but I don't know if I seen it right

Its true.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-host-free-agent-og-125511365.html?src=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Goalpost - 03-16-2023

Orlando Brown will be on Keyshawn, JWill and Max at 930 am if you want to see/hear what he says about this.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - WeezyBengal - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 09:56 AM)Nepa Wrote: Goodberry is probably correct. He's not a superstar OT. I read where his block win rate for KC (92%) placed him 18th among all offensive tackles. But, still those who are saying he's the best left tackle since Whitworth are also correct. Four consecutive probowls, when none of our other OL even have one probowl. Major upgrade at a position of need. And he's been healthy and settles the OL for four years, versus the stopgaps the Bengals used in Riley Reiff and some others.

Apparently what sold him on the Bengals was a commitment for him to play left tackle, while other teams wanted him for the right. 

You essentially upgrade two positions. The left and right side. Jonah will be better than Collins at RT and Orlando will be better than Jonah at LT. 

We don't need a super star - we just need guys that are average or above. Orlando Brown is above. 

Ok, I haven't kept up, so I don't know if he's been signed yet, but now I am all in on bringing Taylor Lewan in on a cheap one year prove you can stay healthy deal for depth.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - WeezyBengal - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:06 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Orlando Brown will be on Keyshawn, JWill and Max at 930 am if you want to see/hear what he says about this.

Damn you for making me listen to Keyshawn. 

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Nepa - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:01 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I thought ESPN just had an update with Cody Ford visiting Bengals but I don't know if I seen it right

I guess the Bengals want to have plenty of quality backups this year, after what happened last year. Cody Ford is a guard. Which means either he, or Volson, would be serving as a backup. Which would be worlds above waiver-wire pickup Scharping, who was part of the nightmarish right side of the line in the playoff game against KC.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - bengals1969 - 03-16-2023

(03-15-2023, 11:27 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: My first reaction was where the **** did that come from LOL

So Jonah to RT and LC cut I’d imagine?

I could see Williams traded and Carman gets a shot to play RT. He’s under contract for two more years. I love Pollack stating a week ago that Williams wouldn’t welcome moving to RT. With this signing the Bengals have once again opened their draft from need to opportunistic. Either way I’m happy to see them moving on from Jonah, he was a liability last season, as was Collins. Not that they were bad, just not good enough for a talent like Burrow.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - sloSTI - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:09 AM)Nepa Wrote: I guess the Bengals want to have plenty of quality backups this year, after what happened last year. Cody Ford is a guard. Which means either he, or Volson, would be serving as a backup. Which would be worlds above waiver-wire pickup Scharping, who was part of the nightmarish right side of the line in the playoff game against KC.

Depth is always a good thing, but is he better than a draft pick, I don't know anything about him

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - SmoothD - 03-16-2023

Jonah has dislocated BOTH of his kneecaps in the past season.
Both times against the Ravens
And he has stated that he only wants to play LT.
I'd rather give Carman a shot at RT, if they decide to release Collins on an injury settlement.

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - XenoMorph - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:34 AM)SmoothD Wrote: Jonah has dislocated BOTH of his kneecaps in the past season.
Both times against the Ravens
And he has stated that he only wants to play LT.
I'd rather give Carman a shot at RT, if they decide to release Collins on an injury settlement.

Carman was a Disaster over on the Right

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - Garrus - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Carman was a Disaster over on the Right

As a guard, afaik he hasn't played RT yet. 

The league views Brown as a RT. He wants to be paid as a LT:

RE: Orlando brown… welcome - KillerGoose - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 10:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, I haven't kept up, so I don't know if he's been signed yet, but now I am all in on bringing Taylor Lewan in on a cheap one year prove you can stay healthy deal for depth.

I personally just think it'd be a waste of the resources we have. Just in October he was talking about he needed surgery to be able to live a normal life. If it was a really cheap deal, then sure, I guess, but I just don't think it would pan out. 

(03-16-2023, 11:07 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I personally just think it'd be a waste of the resources we have. Just in October he was talking about he needed surgery to be able to live a normal life. If it was a really cheap deal, then sure, I guess, but I just don't think it would pan out. 

I'm thinking vet minimum, just to be depth. Maybe if Brown gets hurt we could get half a season out of him, and he would be worth that.

I'm excited about Brown, but seems like these types of acquisitions blow up for us. Glenn, Collins. Lets hope Brown pans out.