Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Soonerpeace - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think that is more you and your "guard rails" than the Bengals bringing up an issue over 2 years old regarding a substance that is no longer banned... that would be pretty terrible courting skills....

Maybe but you act like there are zero concerns? Mike Brown?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bfine32 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think that is more you and your "guard rails" than the Bengals bringing up an issue over 2 years old regarding a substance that is no longer banned... that would be pretty terrible courting skills....

The fact that it's "no longer banned" doesn't mean he didn't knowingly break the rules. The fact that it's no longer banned means nothing. 

Hell next year it might be legal for players to bet on games..does that mean Calvin Ridley should get a pass?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - casear2727 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Maybe but you act like there are zero concerns? Mike Brown?

You and a couple others have all the concerns, this is the team that drafted Joe Mixon after breaking a girls face and as far as we know he has been a model citizen and great teammate.  Does Joe have some special clause?

Weed 2 years ago is not a concern to anyone in the league nowadays.  A few of you were simply wrong with level of concern and the value of LC.  

I recall you telling all of us exactly how this free agency would go down, and thankfully it hasn't.

Let's just hope LC remains motivated to stay in shape and perform at high level.

Burrow Recruiting Collins - Storer50 - 03-18-2022

Every time a bleacher report comes up, I'm hoping it's Collins. Nope all basketball.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that it's "no longer banned" doesn't mean he didn't knowingly break the rules. The fact that it's no longer banned means nothing. 

Hell next year it might be legal for players to bet on games..does that mean Calvin Ridley should get a pass?

Ridiculous take. 

Of course it matters. He cannot get suspended for smoking pot anymore. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Esc33 - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 07:22 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I agree. Just Zion would fit exactly what we would need as far as LG who could give you emergency depth at center. But I think its becoming more likely that those top lineman are gone already including Zion. So a corner could make a lot of sense. 

Yeah he's been rising up draft boards. 99% Linderbaum is gone and 75% chance Zion is also gone imo. Personally, I don't like Raimann, Kinnard, or petit-frere at 31 as I've seen in several mocks. If they have their heart set on one of those guys instead of a CB, at least trade back.

(03-18-2022, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that it's "no longer banned" doesn't mean he didn't knowingly break the rules. The fact that it's no longer banned means nothing. 

The fact he was never accused of failing ANY tests does matter regardless the substance.  The fact that the substance in question is no longer banned does have some bearing in my opinion.

Again, some of you are trying to avoid a little bit of humiliation for being so wrong in your previous assessments that you are now trying to salvage any "evaluation credibility" you can....  instead of admitting you never truly researched anything and might have overreacted.

(03-18-2022, 09:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The fact he was never accused of failing ANY tests does matter regardless the substance.  The fact that the substance in question is no longer banned does have some bearing in my opinion.

Again, some of you are trying to avoid a little bit of humiliation for being so wrong in your previous assessments that you are now trying to salvage any "evaluation credibility" you can....  instead of admitting you never truly researched anything and might have overreacted.

How are we being "so wrong"? You said we should give up our 1st RD pick for a guy that got cut..

I know exactly what happened with LC; you look back in the thread you might understand that instead of pretending a young RT that had a PFF rating in the 80s on a $10 MIL contract got cut because no one wanted to give anything of value for him. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 08:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Mike Brown probably wanted to meet him and feel him out with his past issue

We talking about the same Mike Brown that brought in Mixon, Pacman, Vontaze Burfict, and brought Chris Henry back?

(03-18-2022, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How are we being "so wrong"? You said we should give up our 1st RD pick for a guy that got cut..

I know exactly what happened with LC; you look back in the thread you might understand that instead of pretending a young RT that had a PFF rating in the 80s on a $10 MIL contract got cut because no one wanted to give anything of value for him. 

If you read properly I always asked the question that most of you uniformed negative nancies would answer...

"What player in this draft available at pick #31 or later could have greater impact on this team than LC?"

Dallas wanted a 2nd round pick, everyone knew he would be cut in less than week... that is not the same as not wanting to give anything of value for him now is it?

I would have avoided all the drama of a bidding process and traded our #63 for LC and then restructured his first year with a 9M dollar bonus resulting in a much lower one cap hit this season..

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - pulses - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you read properly I always asked the question that most of you uniformed negative nancies would answer...

"What player in this draft available at pick #31 or later could have greater impact on this team than LC?"

Dallas wanted a 2nd round pick, everyone knew he would be cut in less than week... that is not the same as not wanting to give anything of value for him now is it?

I would have avoided all the drama of a bidding process and traded our #63 for LC and then restructured his first year with a 9M dollar bonus resulting in a much lower one cap hit this season..

NOBODY offered a 2nd or anything close to it....so it's water under the bridge now.

(03-18-2022, 10:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If you read properly I always asked the question that most of you uniformed negative nancies would answer...

It took me about 4 seconds to find this from you in another thread. It was the 6th post in it. 

Do you want to make a bet I can't find anymore?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade

Quote:This ^

I’ll stick with our 31st and 2nd (63) for Collins and Dallas 2nd (56)

(03-18-2022, 10:06 PM)pulses Wrote: NOBODY offered a 2nd or anything close to it....so it's water under the bridge now.

Nope, rumors are we may have been the most aggressive and offered a 4th and we know that the Patriots were mulling a 2nd. But the Cowboys wanted the value that equalled the big Post June 1 savings which in their estimation was a 2nd... 

I hope LC comes in plays lights out and I can get on bfines nerves about it for the next several years. It would really suck if LC came and decided to be a lazy shithead and bfine rags me for the next decade....LOL

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - NUGDUKWE - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Yeah he's been rising up draft boards. 99% Linderbaum is gone and 75% chance Zion is also gone imo. Personally, I don't like Raimann, Kinnard, or petit-frere at 31 as I've seen in several mocks. If they have their heart set on one of those guys instead of a CB, at least trade back.

I agree 100% Zion is the last Olineman I would want at 31. If we can sign Collins and the best OL are gone I would prefer to trade back into the 2nd. We could still be looking at a good CB and maybe give us a total of 4 day 2 picks.

(03-18-2022, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It took me about 4 seconds to find this from you in another thread. It was the 6th post in it. 

Do you want to make a bet I can't find anymore?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Would-La%E2%80%99el-Collins-Cost-in-Trade

LOL, I would had done that.. it wasnt the 31st straight up. It was LC and pick swap moving us up in the 2nd round.

Keep trying.....  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:03 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: We talking about the same Mike Brown that brought in Mixon, Pacman, Vontaze Burfict, and brought Chris Henry back?

Come on man that was years ago. Why are people bringing up this shit?

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - psychdoctor - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 10:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Nope, rumors are we may have been the most aggressive and offered a 4th and we know that the Patriots were mulling a 2nd. But the Cowboys wanted the value that equalled the big Post June 1 savings which in their estimation was a 2nd... 

I hope LC comes in plays lights out and I can get on bfines nerves about it for the next several years. It would really suck if LC came and decided to be a lazy shithead and bfine rags me for the next decade....LOL

I know Mr. Black bfine He's a good man

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - pulses - 03-18-2022

(03-18-2022, 09:47 PM)Esc33 Wrote: Yeah he's been rising up draft boards. 99% Linderbaum is gone and 75% chance Zion is also gone imo. Personally, I don't like Raimann, Kinnard, or petit-frere at 31 as I've seen in several mocks. If they have their heart set on one of those guys instead of a CB, at least trade back.

Raimann, Kinnard and Petit Frere none of those is worth #31 anyways. Kinnard is a middle rounder and I think Petit Frere won't go till the 4th. Raimann may go in 1 but I wouldn't take him.

(03-18-2022, 10:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LOL, I would had done that.. it wasnt the 31st straight up. It was LC and pick swap moving us up in the 2nd round.

Keep trying.....  

There's 0 need to keep trying. Folks can read through that thread and this one and see how "right" you were and how "wrong" the uninformed were. 

(03-18-2022, 10:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Mr. Black bfine He's a good man

I have no problem with bfine, he has no issue sharing his opinion and then some...i'm very cool with that.  We apparently have a few things in common, being snarky with each other on a msg board about football will never be a dilemma, we've seen worse.