Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams Requests Trade (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-Requests-Trade)

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - jason - 03-18-2023

It feels like Jonah Williams will be on the roster week 1. It's more than likely his final season in Cincinnati, but I doubt he's traded, and he could very well be starting somewhere on the offensive line. It's REALLY nice to finally have options.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - pulses - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 01:00 AM)jason Wrote: It feels like Jonah Williams will be on the roster week 1. It's more than likely his final season in Cincinnati, but I doubt he's traded, and he could very well be starting somewhere on the offensive line. It's REALLY nice to finally have options.

He'll be traded they can get some kinda value for him and use that 12.6 million for someone else. It's a no brainer.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - wanga - 03-18-2023

Won’t get too much I wouldn’t suspect other than cap relief. Better if he stays around as a Bengal next season as anything can happen but I’m confident the FO will do the right thing. Nice to be able to feel that lately.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Go Cards - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 12:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: There’s still some pass rushers but signing Scott likely ends any run at Gardner which would have been something to dream of using the extra money saved if Williams was traded. There’s not many external players left we could spend the extra money on.

The pick would be the need.

Believe there will be some vets cut in camp that will be available still. 

Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bronxbengal - 03-18-2023

I am surprised all of you letting Jonah off so easy. He was never special. He is another in a long list of early Bengal draft picks who were lineman that wasn’t as good as we all hoped. I say trade him for a bag of seeds and get his salary off the books so we can extend Burrow and Higgins. Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out Jonah. Good riddance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Beaker - 03-18-2023

My thing is, if someone doesn't want to be here, then get them out sooner rather than later. Especially an OL who's supposed to be protecting Burrow. Can you imagine him not giving his all...when even his all wasn't all that....and getting Joe injured again? Plus the salary dump is an added bonus. The fact that he is a LT means we can at least get something pretty decent in return be it another player or draft pick(s).

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - BengalBob - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 09:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: My thing is, if someone doesn't want to be here, then get them out sooner rather than later. Especially an OL who's supposed to be protecting Burrow. Can you imagine him not giving his all...when even his all wasn't all that....and getting Joe injured again? Plus the salary dump is an added bonus. The fact that he is a LT means we can at least get something pretty decent in return be it another player or draft 
Jonah will be playing for a contract if he isn't moved. If healthy, you will get the best version of Jonah.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Synric - 03-18-2023

(03-17-2023, 08:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The most realistic possible scenarios seem to be:

Patriots: could move Brown back to RT and make Reiff swing tackle. They have a bunch of 4th's and 6th's
Jets: with Becton reportedly moving to RT
Bears: they were in on Orlando, but still have Jones
Titans: signed Dillard to play LT, but maybe they could move him to LG, with Brunskill going to his more natural RG
Rams: could trade Havenstein (who's been rumored on the trade block for 2 years) for Jonah and move Notebloom to RT
Bucs: they'd have find a way to clear 12m more in cap somehow

Steelers need a LT, but I don't think the Bengals would trade with them.

If Jonah wants traded at this point he will have to entertain the idea of playing RT anywhere lol.

One of my favorite trade scenario's for Jonah would be the Bengals eat half the cap hit for Jonah and the Bucs and Bengals do a first round pick swap. Bengals move up to 19 Bucs fall to 28 and get a LT save some cash both from the Bengals and by dropping out of the top 20. Which is the Trade Value of 3rd round Pick #75.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Sled21 - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 07:28 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I am surprised all of you letting Jonah off so easy. He was never special.  He is another in a long list of early Bengal draft picks who were lineman that wasn’t as good as we all hoped.  I say trade him for a bag of seeds and get his salary off the books so we can extend Burrow and Higgins.  Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out Jonah.  Good riddance

Why would we want to bash him? He's always played hard and often through injury. So he's not Anthony Munoz or Whit, he also wasn't Ogbhuehi. He's always been a solid Bengal both as a person and a player. Some of you get way to pissy about a player in a job dispute. He doesn't want to move from LT, and knows this is his last year here most likely. If he wants to be traded, so be it. He's not out badmouthing anyone, he simply wants to go where he can be a LT. Geeze.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - OSUfan - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 07:28 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I am surprised all of you letting Jonah off so easy. He was never special.  He is another in a long list of early Bengal draft picks who were lineman that wasn’t as good as we all hoped.  I say trade him for a bag of seeds and get his salary off the books so we can extend Burrow and Higgins.  Don’t let the door hit your butt on the way out Jonah.  Good riddance

While I do believe he has not met the expectations of Bengals fans, which is very difficult most of the time, He also has been good enough to get us to the playoffs on numerous occasions as well as a Super Bowl appearance so I do believe your stance is a bit extreme as well.

(03-18-2023, 12:59 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: If unwant to save $$ to sign Tee - trade Collins.

Who are you going to trade an injured Collins to? The Bengals can save anywhere between 6 & 10 million dollars of cap space, depending on the timing, simply by cutting Collins with an injury settlement.

(03-17-2023, 11:24 PM)ah5 Wrote: Trade him for nothing and get the 12 mil off the books is a win imo.

And this is why you don't work in the front office of an NFL franchise.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-18-2023

JMO Jonah’s agent got him all hyped up. Jonah was facing a much needed bounce back year. His performance and health big concerns as he entered the last year of his contract. Now he gets moved to RT and is fighting to be a starter. It has to mess with his mind. His agent client’s value has now changed dramatically. Agents focus on the present too much not the long haul. Jonah could be a great RT. He could play another 10 years there. I don’t think his odds of playing 10 years at LT are nearly as good.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - M.W. - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 09:04 AM)Beaker Wrote: My thing is, if someone doesn't want to be here, then get them out sooner rather than later. Especially an OL who's supposed to be protecting Burrow. Can you imagine him not giving his all...when even his all wasn't all that....and getting Joe injured again? Plus the salary dump is an added bonus. The fact that he is a LT means we can at least get something pretty decent in return be it another player or draft pick(s).

I couldn't agree more.  We wouldn't want to bring in a bad apple so why not discard the apple that is now bad?  I would be actively seeing which teams have interest and what I could get out of him and trade him as quickly as possible.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - samhain - 03-18-2023

Imagine someone telling you, even one week ago, that the following scenario would play out:

1. Bengals sign the best left tackle in FA to a contract well below market value.

2. Bengals subsequently piss off the mediocre incumbent LT, who's contract was nearly impossible to get out of without penalty.

3. A situation arises where another team might unburden the Bengals of the incumbent's contract, freeing up 12 mil in cap.

You'd have laughed at them.

If this plays out and the team actually finds a willing partner for Jonah, then they're either reaching a new level of brilliance as an organization or are just lucky as hell.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - KillerGoose - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why would we want to bash him? He's always played hard and often through injury. So he's not Anthony Munoz or Whit, he also wasn't Ogbhuehi. He's always been a solid Bengal both as a person and a player. Some of you get way to pissy about a player in a job dispute. He doesn't want to move from LT, and knows this is his last year here most likely. If he wants to be traded, so be it. He's not out badmouthing anyone, he simply wants to go where he can be a LT. Geeze.

This is a great post. I don't fault Jonah at all. Dude has given it his all and has largely been a solid player aside from injuries. He's a LT and time-and-time again it has been documented that switching sides is very difficult so I don't fault Jonah for not wanting to do it, especially if there are teams who would play him at LT. A lot of fans get way too caught up in the sport without realizing it is still a job for these guys. There's no need to badmouth a player for pursuing their career as they see fit, especially if they are doing it professionally. 

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - QueenCity - 03-18-2023

I just think something needs to be decided sooner rather than later. If Bengals can find a trade partner it should happen ASAP so we can allocate that money into another key free-agent and before the draft obviously.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Bengalbug - 03-18-2023

I think a 3rd next year or 4th this year would make sense. It would offset the loss of the comp pick we could have got for bates by signing brown.

It would be like getting your cake and eating it too.

Realistically a 5-7.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Luvnit2 - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 12:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: JMO Jonah’s agent got him all hyped up. Jonah was facing a much needed bounce back year. His performance and health big concerns as he entered the last year of his contract. Now he gets moved to RT and is fighting to be a starter. It has to mess with his mind. His agent client’s value has now changed dramatically. Agents focus on the present too much not the long haul. Jonah could be a great RT. He could play another 10 years there. I don’t think his odds of playing 10 years at LT are nearly as good.

Jonah seems to be the exact opposite of Whitt who was a 2nd round pick. Whitt started at guard, but then rightly so won LT spot. Huge man with large arms. Jonah could be a great left guard and swing tackle the next 7 to 10 years if he went away from his ego trip.

I know many say he has no value, but I disagree. In 2022 we lot both ur starting LT's so having Williams on our roster adds the depth so many talk about in this forum. I say keep him unless offered a great deal for him.

I would cut Mixon and Brandon Williams long before I would cut Jonah. Let him know to man up and be his best version in 2022 so he gets a great contract from someone in 2024.

RE: Jonah Williams Requests Trade - Soonerpeace - 03-18-2023

(03-18-2023, 01:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jonah seems to be the exact opposite of Whitt who was a 2nd round pick. Whitt started at guard, but then rightly so won LT spot. Huge man with large arms. Jonah could be a great left guard and swing tackle the next 7 to 10 years if he went away from his ego trip.

I know many say he has no value, but I disagree. In 2022 we lot both ur starting LT's so having Williams on our roster adds the depth so many talk about in this forum. I say keep him unless offered a great deal for him.

I would cut Mixon and Brandon Williams long before I would cut Jonah. Let him know to man up and be his best version in 2022 so he gets a great contract from someone in 2024.

I wouldn’t cut him but I wouldn’t do anything hastily. I’d make sure I got something.