Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Target removes gender based signage for kids - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Target removes gender based signage for kids (/Thread-Target-removes-gender-based-signage-for-kids)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Mike M (the other one) - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 08:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Where's that DNA test for autism in babies?

Probably just a choice

Studies have tried to link Autism to a genetic mutation.

So far, no studies have been able to prove any consistent findings. Sound familiar?

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

It is a complex developmental disorder that causes problems with thinking, feeling, language and the ability to relate to others.

Historically it was believed to be a life-long condition, but children these days are responding well to the treatments if caught at an early enough age, they can actually "grow out" of it.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20120123/why-some-children-may-grow-out-of-autism

Was that the answer you were looking for when you tried to compare the two?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - BmorePat87 - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 08:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Studies have tried to link Autism to a genetic mutation.

So far, no studies have been able to prove any consistent findings. Sound familiar?

Yep, sounds a lot like being gay. We accept that autism is biological, however, and not a behavioral choice. 

Quote:http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

It is a complex developmental disorder that causes problems with thinking, feeling, language and the ability to relate to others.

As a Special Educator, I know all of this, yep.

Quote:Historically it was believed to be a life-long condition, but children these days are responding well to the treatments if caught at an early enough age, they can actually "grow out" of it.

I fear you didn't actually read the link, or you misunderstood it. The study found that 7% "outgrew" their diagnosis (not "many"). Those who had been diagnosed with other conditions in addition to autism were more likely to "outgrow" their diagnosis (it's likely their other condition was causing symptoms similar to those you find in autistic kids). Advocates and other researchers are suggesting that what is most likely occurring is that they were either incorrectly diagnosed with autism or they have learned to behave "normally", which means they still want to engage in obsessive behaviors, but they have been conditioned to suppress it. To compare it to being gay, that's like suggesting someone has been turned straight because they have been repeatedly told that what they do is wrong and not normal, so they date women to make people accept it. Despite this, they still want to date men.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/22/new-study-suggests-autism-can-be-outgrown/

Quote:Was that the answer you were looking for when you tried to compare the two?

Acknowledging the fact that since we cannot yet find "the gene", that doesn't mean we should assume someone chooses to engage in a behavior? Yea, I think so.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-25-2015

(08-23-2015, 02:17 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I contend it likes being an suseptible to being and alcoholic or being over weight. 

Many people who suffer from alcoholism and obesity have a genetic predisposition to both.

Thanks for the insight.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-25-2015

(08-23-2015, 02:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Has nothing to do with how they are brought up.   I have not blamed parenting one time or said that parenting mattered.     It's puberty.   And what happens then.   .

Yeah, you just suggested fathers pay for a hooker so their sons don't choose the ****.  Great parenting skills.

(08-23-2015, 02:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I def do not think its a conscience choice.

It is a choice that doesn't actually involve making a choice.  Brilliant.  Just ***** brilliant.

BTW, you mean "conscious" not "conscience."  It guess that must be another smartphone autocorrect mistake because your wife uses your phone?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - bfine32 - 08-25-2015

Do folks that assert homosexuality is genetic think pedophilia is genetic?

(08-24-2015, 08:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Studies have tried to link Autism to a genetic mutation.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/autism/detail_autism.htm

Historically it was believed to be a life-long condition, but children these days are responding well to the treatments if caught at an early enough age, they can actually "grow out" of it.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20120123/why-some-children-may-grow-out-of-autism

Was that the answer you were looking for when you tried to compare the two?

Let me know when you out grow your eye color.

(08-25-2015, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do folks that assert homosexuality is genetic think pedophilia is genetic?

Good question.  I wonder if belief in religion is a genetic personality disorder.  What do you think?

(08-25-2015, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good question.  I wonder if belief in religion is a genetic personality disorder.  What do you think?

No I would say belief in a religion is a learned trait.

I was kind enough to answer you question even though you failed to answer mine. Do you want to answer it now?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Nately120 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 12:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, you just suggested fathers pay for a hooker so their sons don't choose the ****.  Great parenting skills.

There has to be a story about a man ordering a hooker so his son can learn to be straight and the guy's daughter showing up.  WAH WAH!!!!

(08-25-2015, 01:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No I would say belief in a religion is a learned trait.

I was kind enough to answer you question even though you failed to answer mine. Do you want to answer it now?

The type of religion is learned, but what about the need for religion?  Maybe the need for religion only afflicts those with a with a personality disorder with a genetic component.  

I answered your question with a lesson in false equivalence.  ThumbsUp  I can put you on the path to self discovery, but I can't make the trip for you.

(08-25-2015, 01:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There has to be a story about a man ordering a hooker so his son can learn to be straight and the guy's daughter showing up.  WAH WAH!!!!

Sounds like an episode of The Twilight Zone starring Lucie.

(08-25-2015, 01:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The type of religion is learned, but what about the need for religion?  Maybe the need for religion only afflicts those with a with a personality disorder with a genetic component.  

I answered your question with a lesson in false equivalence.  ThumbsUp  I can put you on the path to self discovery, but I can't make the trip for you.

You answered absolutely nothing, much less gave a lesson. Do you think pedophilia can be attributed to genetics? It really only requires one word.

(08-25-2015, 01:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You answered absolutely nothing, much less gave a lesson. Do you think pedophilia can be attributed to genetics? It really only requires one word.

Do you think the need for religion is genetic?  Now I answered your question a second time.

Hint: it's a stupid question because it deals with false equivalence. I thought even you would be able to figure that out on your own. Can you figure out the rest?  Or do you need moe help?

If you didn't understand the lesson that is your failure, not mine.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - BmorePat87 - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 12:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do folks that assert homosexuality is genetic think pedophilia is genetic?

It could be. I'm under the assumption that it probably is. Why?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 08-25-2015

(08-23-2015, 02:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was left handed and I taught myself to use my right.   My expierences when I was young led me there. .... Funny how those expierences when we were young lead to things ....

I thought about this post again this morning and the more I read the more I realize how dumb it is.

As I have said before I throw left and write right.  Apparently when I was younger everyone assumed I'd be right handed as I had left handed mitts and such, but I have no conscious memory of when I started throwing left instead.

Growing up I could throw with both hands just about equally until a shoulder injury...so given everything else I assume I was born left handed but through teaching learned to do things right handed.

But no matter what I learned it didn't change what I was.

You can teach a gorilla to use sign language but it is still a gorilla.

You can learn how to be right handed but you are still left handed.

You can be born gay and hide it, try to ignore it, date girls, but you are still gay.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-25-2015

I believe that pedophilia is probably something that you're born with.

What does that have to do with homosexuality being genetic?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Benton - 08-25-2015

(08-24-2015, 07:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes they do.
Think about all of the "groups" out there, the followers come from some where? You might be proud of your particular group, but others might not be so receptive of it.

Why would anyone join these groups?
Try the Westboro Baptist Church? ISIS? KKK? NOI? or Drug gangs?

I'm attracted to women. Always have been. That's genetic.

I volunteer at a food bank. Before that, I volunteered at a free clinic. Before that, a food bank. Before that, a food bank. Those were all choices, all groups.

One is something you choose and it changes, the other is the way you are. Both are influenced by your environment, but that doesn't change the nature of it.

I may be attracted to red heads because I grew up watching the old Batman show and Batgirl was a redhead. But It didn't make me straight because I grew up watching the old Batman show and Batgirl was a redhead.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - fredtoast - 08-25-2015

(08-23-2015, 02:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I was left handed and I taught myself to use my right.  

This explains why you think a gay person can be taught to like women.

Guess what.  Your mind is still wired to make you more efficient with your left hand.  Anything you learned to do right handed you could have done better left handed.

You are not now right-handed.  You are just fighting against your true nature.

And apparently you went through the same thing with your sexual attraction to men.

Maybe this is what is going on with everyone who claims sexual attraction is a choice.  They were all originally attracted to their same sex but resisted the natural urge and forced themselves to be with the opposite sex.

But the craziest thing about this entire argument is that it is meaningless.  It doesn't matter if it is genetic or a choice.  It makes no difference at all in the law or how society should treat sexual orientation.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Benton - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the craziest thing about this entire argument is that it is meaningless.  It doesn't matter if it is genetic or a choice.  It makes no difference at all in the law or how society should treat sexual orientation.

Agreed.

But you're going to get the slippery slope argument: 'if we let people have sex with same sex partners, then we might as well let people have sex with kids.' They tend to ignore one is between consenting adults and the other is between an adult and a kid.

Bfine is already throwing up the pedophilia flag because he has no other way to discourage people.