Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk (/Thread-Trump-talks-the-talk-but-Biden-walks-the-walk)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - BmorePat87 - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I had to look Mayor Pete up.  How the hell did Notre Dame let a gay dude become mayor of South Bend?

He didn't come out until his reelection, and by that point he was the young mayor with prior military service who took a leave of absence in office to serve for 7 more months. 

(04-02-2019, 07:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Mayor Pete is the Democrats' bright hope at this point, in my opinion.

Bernie and Warren are too left for the older Democrats (although I personally would love to vote for either of them), Biden is kinda creepy, Cory Booker seems to be compromising his black vote to try and get more white votes, Kamala has her own slew of issues that will prevent some Democrats from voting for her, as does Gabbard. O'Rourke doesn't seem to actually have any beliefs beyond "let's just get along with the Republicans," which Obama already proved is not a viable strategy and the rest are either forgettable, unrecognizable or just not popular enough to make a real difference.

(04-02-2019, 10:02 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The more I read about Pete, the more encouraged I've become. 

I was sold after his CNN town hall. Dude is incredibly smart and actually answers questions rather than spinning talking points. 

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - Benton - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 07:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Mayor Pete is the Democrats' bright hope at this point, in my opinion.

Bernie and Warren are too left for the older Democrats (although I personally would love to vote for either of them), Biden is kinda creepy, Cory Booker seems to be compromising his black vote to try and get more white votes, Kamala has her own slew of issues that will prevent some Democrats from voting for her, as does Gabbard. O'Rourke doesn't seem to actually have any beliefs beyond "let's just get along with the Republicans," which Obama already proved is not a viable strategy and the rest are either forgettable, unrecognizable or just not popular enough to make a real difference.

Clinton being a woman was too hard for some Democrats to swallow. Do you think they're ready for a gay candidate?

Not the usual kind of Congressional gay, where you run straight and keep your sex life confined to male prostitutes, but the actual, open gay kind.

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - jj22 - 04-02-2019

Once again Americans holding Dems at higher standards. Given what all Trump has been accused of and bragged about, I don't get how anyone who support Trump can talk. But they do. Obviously as you see the backlash against Biden grow.

I wouldn't mind that backlash if Americans didn't just vote Trump into office. But we know what all Republicans are allowed to get away with by society.

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - michaelsean - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 10:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Once again Americans holding Dems at higher standards. Given what all Trump has been accused of and bragged about, I don't get how anyone who support Trump can talk. But they do. Obviously as you see the backlash against Biden grow.

I wouldn't mind that backlash if Americans didn't just vote Trump into office. But we know what all Republicans are allowed to get away with by society.

Who is holding him to a higher standard?  Somebody reported something.  

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - CJD - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 10:47 AM)Benton Wrote: Clinton being a woman was too hard for some Democrats to swallow. Do you think they're ready for a gay candidate?

Not the usual kind of Congressional gay, where you run straight and keep your sex life confined to male prostitutes, but the actual, open gay kind.

I honestly can't say if they will or not. 

Theoretically, the primaries will reveal whether the people will or not.

Based on this country's history, you'd assume that people would accept a woman before a black man (since woman are over 50% of the country, at this point), but that wasn't the case.

So if Democrats (and Americans has a whole) were able to accept a black man before a woman, I think it's possible that they'd do the same for a gay man before a woman (not equating being gay to being black, but that they are/were both seen as obstacles for a candidate.)

I think it may all come down to likability. Hillary was historically unlikable, even in her own party. Mayor Pete, at least to this point, is insanely likeable, perhaps even from both sides of the aisle (which could assist in picking up independents and anti-Trump Republicans).

It's too early to predict at this point, but I like Mayor Pete's chances.

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - Vas Deferens - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 10:10 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He had an interview on Fox News and the Youtube comments are like...no one has a bad thing to say about him. He literally had Republicans saying "This guy isn't so bad."

I hadn't seen this one.  You're right.  The comment section is great.

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - Benton - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 11:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I honestly can't say if they will or not. 

Theoretically, the primaries will reveal whether the people will or not.

Based on this country's history, you'd assume that people would accept a woman before a black man (since woman are over 50% of the country, at this point), but that wasn't the case.

So if Democrats (and Americans has a whole) were able to accept a black man before a woman, I think it's possible that they'd do the same for a gay man before a woman (not equating being gay to being black, but that they are/were both seen as obstacles for a candidate.)

I think it may all come down to likability. Hillary was historically unlikable, even in her own party. Mayor Pete, at least to this point, is insanely likeable, perhaps even from both sides of the aisle (which could assist in picking up independents and anti-Trump Republicans).

It's too early to predict at this point, but I like Mayor Pete's chances.

The problem comes down to: who does party management support (that's how the Dems got stuck with HRC to begin with), and can that person survive Texas, NC, Ohio or Missouri. 

Charisma is worth a lot, though. Maybe it's enough to overcome prejudices. 

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - jj22 - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 11:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who is holding him to a higher standard?  Somebody reported something.  

20+ people "reported something" about Trump who also admitted and bragged about doing exactly what they had accused him of.

He was voted POTUS

Biden won't even be allowed to run.

You see the difference in standards.

(04-02-2019, 11:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: 20+ people "reported something" about Trump who also admitted and bragged about doing exactly what they had accused him of.

He was voted POTUS

Biden won't even be allowed to run.

You see the difference in standards.

No I'm saying there was a report that he did something, and somebody reported it.  How is that holding Dems to a higher standard?

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - GMDino - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No I'm saying there was a report that he did something, and somebody reported it.  How is that holding Dems to a higher standard?

"locker room talk"

"fake news"

DJT accusations are blown off as "nothing burgers" by his supporters.  They even believed him when he said he didn't have sex with Stormy Daniels or pay her off to be quiet.  Proof doesn't matter it's whether there is a R or D next to the persons name.  

Is there a republican that has stepped down due to an accusation recently, even with a little proof?  

(04-02-2019, 11:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: "locker room talk"

"fake news"

DJT accusations are blown off as "nothing burgers" by his supporters.  They even believed him when he said he didn't have sex with Stormy Daniels or pay her off to be quiet.  Proof doesn't matter it's whether there is a R or D next to the persons name.  

Is there a republican that has stepped down due to an accusation recently, even with a little proof?  

That's completely different from saying Americans hold Dems to a higher standard. That Trump supporters willl ignore him and carp on Biden is a given.  A lot of people gave Bill Clinton a pass.  But that wasn't the American people, that was Bill Clinton supporters.  Not all of them obviously.  

(04-02-2019, 11:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That's completely different from saying Americans hold Dems to a higher standard. That Trump supporters willl ignore him and carp on Biden is a given.  A lot of people gave Bill Clinton a pass.  But that wasn't the American people, that was Bill Clinton supporters.  Not all of them obviously.  

I'd bet more democrats have stepped down than republicans when accusations like the ones against Biden and Trump are made.  But I admit I don't have real numbers.  Franken comes to mind right away then Roy Moore runs for office.  Trump says he grabs 'em and kiss 'em and the GOP turns the other way.  Biden is accused of leaving his hands on someone's shoulders and kissing the back of her head in an unwanted fashion and the right is all over it. (Check out Drudge's picture collage at the top of his page.)

There's a double standard.  How much it affects or comes from the actual voters is the question.

(04-02-2019, 12:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd bet more democrats have stepped down than republicans when accusations like the ones against Biden and Trump are made.  But I admit I don't have real numbers.  Franken comes to mind right away then Roy Moore runs for office.  Trump says he grabs 'em and kiss 'em and the GOP turns the other way.  Biden is accused of leaving his hands on someone's shoulders and kissing the back of her head in an unwanted fashion and the right is all over it. (Check out Drudge's picture collage at the top of his page.)

There's a double standard.  How much it affects or comes from the actual voters is the question.

You forgot Weiner!

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - bfine32 - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 01:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You forgot Weiner!

The only double standard is by the individual. I explained the motivation of this post and 99% of the retorts are "Not as bad as Trump". No condemnation of Biden's actions. Just cries of double standard. There absolutely is a double standard I just think many are missing where it lies

(04-02-2019, 01:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You forgot Weiner!

yeah...he was caught multiple times.  Not exactly the same.   Smirk

(04-02-2019, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only double standard is by the individual. I explained the motivation of this post and 99% of the retorts are "Not as bad as Trump". No condemnation of Biden's actions. Just cries of double standard. There absolutely is a double standard I just think many are missing where it lies

Damn everyone for responding "Not as bad as Trump" in a thread that tries to argue that Biden is worse than Trump!

Damn them all!

The OP when it only took 1 post for people to remind him that Trump has had a dozen more accusations than Biden

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-02-2019, 01:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: yeah...he was caught multiple times.  Not exactly the same.   Smirk

No I'm just saying if you are going to list Dems with trouble, dude's gotta lead the list.  

RE: Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk - fredtoast - 04-02-2019

(04-02-2019, 01:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Damn everyone for responding "Not as bad as Trump" in a thread that tries to argue that Biden is worse than Trump!

Damn them all!

Wish there was such a thing as "double rep".

Hilarious 

Anyone who brings up Trump when discussing the allegations against Biden suffers from TDS, right?