Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk
In groping women it appears:
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/9kpp8z/a-second-woman-says-joe-biden-touched-her-inappropriately

Quote:Joe Biden touched a Connecticut woman inappropriately at a 2009 fundraiser, including rubbing noses with her, the woman said Monday, days after another woman said the ex–vice president gave her an unwanted kiss on the back of her head in 2014.

Of course CNN personality Mika Brzezinski was consistant in her attacks on such actions:
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/04/joe-bidens-open-secret-and-amy-lappos-allegations/586264/

Quote:“But as much as I can know what’s in anyone’s heart, I don’t think there is bad intent on his part at all.” Instead, Brzezinski suggested, the matter is much simpler than that: Biden, she said, “is extremely affectionate, extremely flirtatious in a completely safe way.”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Not surprising at all to me.

Though it should be noted that Trump is still ahead by, what, 18 sexual misconduct allegations compared to Biden? You'd do better just to bring up the allegations against Biden without trying to make the comparison to Trump on this one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(04-01-2019, 09:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not surprising at all to me.

Though it should be noted that Trump is still ahead by, what, 18 sexual misconduct allegations compared to Biden? You'd do better just to bring up the allegations against Biden without trying to make the comparison to Trump on this one.

Thanks for the critique on how to do better; however, I brought up Trump and "Talking the Talk" because of Biden's comments about Trump talking about women. He wanted to kick his ass in a pretend fight. And we have images of Joe. 

Yep, fair comparison.

One woman alleges Biden gave her unwanted attention of an intimate nature.

Trump has more than a dozen lawsuits, allegations and instances of advocating for sexually assaulting women by grabbing them by their *******.

Biden is barely fit for the presidency. Mellow
I think it is safe to say Mayor Pete won't have any women accuse him of sexual misconduct. Looks like I am going to stick in his camp for now.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-01-2019, 10:02 PM)Benton Wrote: Yep, fair comparison.

One woman alleges Biden gave her unwanted attention of an intimate nature.

Trump has more than a dozen lawsuits, allegations and instances of advocating for sexually assaulting women by grabbing them by their *******.

Biden is barely fit for the presidency.  Mellow

Isn't the Biden count at 2 currently?

And FWIW, folks are definitely missing the reference to talking the talk. I simply mentioned it because of Biden's comments to Trump's talk.

If someone such as Beto had been accused of the exact same thing; no reference of Trump would or should have been made; it's simply Trump and Biden have had quite the back and forth on this. I'm surprised more were unaware.

WTS, I apologize for a number of things. Firstly, for giving folks an easy opportunity to deflect from Biden's accusations and 2 for over-estimating the forum's ability to see the point. 

Nothing better than a good diversion to get the, how do I put this nice, short attention span trumpets, to bang the drum on anything other than the people who are actually in power.
(04-01-2019, 09:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not surprising at all to me.

My apologies; it appears you know the mentality of the forum population much better than I do in this instance. I just tried to tie it to a past incident.

(04-01-2019, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't the Biden count at 2 currently?

And FWIW, folks are definitely missing the reference to talking the talk. I simply mentioned it because of Biden's comments to Trump's talk.

If someone such as Beto had been accused of the exact same thing; no reference of Trump would or should have been made; it's simply Trump and Biden have had quite the back and forth on this. I'm surprised more were unaware.

WTS, I apologize for a number of things. Firstly, for giving folks an easy opportunity to deflect from Biden's accusations and 2 for over-estimating the forum's ability to see the point. 

Well, slow down there.

The thread appeared to be intended to compare Biden versus Trump in terms of sexual assault. Given the title, the inference was that Trump talks about sexually assaulting women, but Biden actually did it.

Was that not the point?
(04-01-2019, 10:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, slow down there.

The thread appeared to be intended to compare Biden versus Trump in terms of sexual assault. Given the title, the inference was that Trump talks about sexually assaulting women, but Biden actually did it.

Was that not the point?

Nah, the point has been explained. I have little doubt that Trump has touched a woman a time or 2 inappropriately. As I said:my apologies; feel free to delete it. 

(04-01-2019, 10:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Well, slow down there.

Was that not the point?

That was the point prior to Matt destroying it. Now there's a new point no one gets here gets because of the board mentality or something...  Confused
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

If Biden was president or was running for president I would probably care a great deal about this.

Gotta say. This eliminates him from any supreme court considerations imo.
(04-01-2019, 10:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That was the point prior to Matt destroying it. Now there's a new point no one gets here gets because of the board mentality or something...  Confused

And here I thought only a few in this forum knew other people's thoughts. 

Matt "destroyed" it by bringing up the fact that Trump has been accused of the same; I had 0 idea of this prior to my demise at the hands of Matt. I've already given him credit for pointing to what the board will focus on. You guys are great in your opinions. 

(04-01-2019, 10:21 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Biden was president or was running for president I would probably care a great deal about this.

Gotta say. This eliminates him from any supreme court considerations imo.

There's a lot of interest in Biden running for POTUS as he polls much better than Trump (which, admittedly, doesn't mean a great deal). There's a considerable push behind Biden as he's currently one of the better challengers to Trump: he's likable; he's white and male; he's well regarded by veterans, workers and women.

The alt-right is coming out pretty early against Biden, but so far their only sticking point is that 1- he was Obama's VP, and 2- he's committed fewer alleged offenses against women than Trump.
Ah!  Good!

A "I'm not defending Trump but look what THIS guy (allegedly) did" thread.

Excellent!

Yawn
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-01-2019, 10:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it is safe to say Mayor Pete won't have any women accuse him of sexual misconduct. Looks like I am going to stick in his camp for now.

Mayor Pete is the Democrats' bright hope at this point, in my opinion.

Bernie and Warren are too left for the older Democrats (although I personally would love to vote for either of them), Biden is kinda creepy, Cory Booker seems to be compromising his black vote to try and get more white votes, Kamala has her own slew of issues that will prevent some Democrats from voting for her, as does Gabbard. O'Rourke doesn't seem to actually have any beliefs beyond "let's just get along with the Republicans," which Obama already proved is not a viable strategy and the rest are either forgettable, unrecognizable or just not popular enough to make a real difference.
(04-01-2019, 10:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it is safe to say Mayor Pete won't have any women accuse him of sexual misconduct. Looks like I am going to stick in his camp for now.

(04-02-2019, 07:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Mayor Pete is the Democrats' bright hope at this point, in my opinion.

Bernie and Warren are too left for the older Democrats (although I personally would love to vote for either of them), Biden is kinda creepy, Cory Booker seems to be compromising his black vote to try and get more white votes, Kamala has her own slew of issues that will prevent some Democrats from voting for her, as does Gabbard. O'Rourke doesn't seem to actually have any beliefs beyond "let's just get along with the Republicans," which Obama already proved is not a viable strategy and the rest are either forgettable, unrecognizable or just not popular enough to make a real difference.

The more I read about Pete, the more encouraged I've become. 
I had to look Mayor Pete up. How the hell did Notre Dame let a gay dude become mayor of South Bend?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-02-2019, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I had to look Mayor Pete up.  How the hell did Notre Dame let a gay dude become mayor of South Bend?

Probably too busy paying their football players and looking for places to move the pedophile priests?  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-02-2019, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I had to look Mayor Pete up.  How the hell did Notre Dame let a gay dude become mayor of South Bend?

He's just THAT cool.

He had an interview on Fox News and the Youtube comments are like...no one has a bad thing to say about him. He literally had Republicans saying "This guy isn't so bad."

That is astronomical for a Democrat candidate, especially one with some pretty "far left" ideas, relatively speaking.