Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk
(04-24-2019, 06:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Before I bumped a "2 month old thread" yesterday, you were the last to reply on 4/6/19 or 17 days prior.

In addition to informing you that heels spurs aren't a disqualifying condition, you may be shocked to learn a month actually consists of 28, 29, 30, or 31 days. Not 8 or 9 days.   So two months would be approximately 60 days, not 17.

There is a difference between stating Trump's deferment wasn't legit and correctly stating heel spurs aren't disqualifying, but plantar fasciitis is. Similarly, there is a difference between stating Biden's deferment was legit and correctly stating asthma can be disqualifying. I stated facts based upon AR 40-501. You determined whose deferment was and wasn't legit. Not me. Funny how your subconscious automatically assumed Biden's was legit while Trump's wasn't based upon the information I gave you. Interesting.

I was going to ask how you concluded the standards of medical fitness for military service aren't germane  to military medical deferments based upon the standards of medical fitness, but . . . naaaaaaaaah. You've got enough on your plate with days vs. months.

Again, no one has suggested Biden has the moral high ground compared to Trump when it comes to military service because neither has any military service.  It is clear you keep brining this up to focus on their service rather than discuss their behavior towards service members and their families.

PS Is Command Surgeon your final answer? Because if you want to use your phone a friend life line, I'd go with Surgeon General. Final answer. Lock it in.

PPS Can you tell me who the DODMERB is and what they do?

You could have saved time and just typed "Pat was wrong" or let it be know you are not fully versed of disqualification standards in 1968. But, as a welcome back present, I will answer the questions you posed

PS: By Surgeon General I assume you're referring to LTG West (Army); although, I don't call her I do communicate with her aide-de-camp on matters that concern HQDA, but it's usually via email . Yes, Command Surgeon is often my final answer on whether a disqualifying aliment can be waived or not; as that is his function. Hell I even take his word over some dude on a Bengal Message Board.

PPS: DODMERB: Department of Defense Medical Examination and Review Board. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-24-2019, 07:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You could have saved time and just typed "Pat was wrong" or let it be know you are not fully versed of disqualification standards in 1968. But, as a welcome back present, I will answer the questions you posed

PS: By Surgeon General I assume you're referring to LTG West (Army); although, I don't call her I do communicate with her aide-de-camp on matters that concern HQDA, but it's usually via email . Yes, Command Surgeon is often my final answer on whether a disqualifying aliment can be waived or not; as that is his function. Hell I even take his word over some dude on a Bengal Message Board.

PPS: DODMERB: Department of Defense Medical Evaluation and Review Board. 

Do you know how you treat heel spurs?  They don't require any treatment.  We call that benign neglect.  Do you know the treatment for plantar fasciitis?  RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation.  How far do you think medical science has advanced rest during the past 50 years?  Not far.  Rest is the same in 2019 as it was in 1968.

PS You wrote Command Surgeon.  I asked if you meant the Surgeon General.  Why did I ask?  Because you meant to write the Surgeon General, not Command General.  So really I was just pointing out another error.

PSS And what does the DODMERB do?  The reason I ask is because I already know the answer.  I want you to know the answer too because it isn't what you think. But, really I'm just pointing out another error.
(04-24-2019, 07:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you know how you treat heel spurs?  They don't require any treatment.  We call that benign neglect.  Do you know the treatment for plantar fasciitis?  RICE: rest, ice, compression, and elevation.  How far do you think medical science has advanced rest during the past 50 years?  Not far.  Rest is the same in 2019 as it was in 1968.

PS You wrote Command Surgeon.  I asked if you meant the Surgeon General.  Why did I ask?  Because you meant to write the Surgeon General, not Command General.  So really I was just pointing out another error.

PSS And what does the DODMERB do?  The reason I ask is because I already know the answer.  I want you to know the answer too because it isn't what you think. But, really I'm just pointing out another error.
Thanks for setting me straight. I will give this the response it deserves later. Just wanted to quote it now

(04-24-2019, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for setting me straight. I will give this the response it deserves later. Just wanted to quote it now

Good news.  The DODMERB oversees all enlistment physicals, not just the service academies and ROTC programs as I mistakenly thought.  So tomorrow you can ask the Command Surgeon or Surgeon's General aide-de-camp if heel spurs are disqualifying for enlistment.  
(04-24-2019, 08:35 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good news.  The DODMERB oversees all enlistment physicals, not just the service academies and ROTC programs as I mistakenly thought.  So tomorrow you can ask the Command Surgeon or Surgeon's General aide-de-camp if heel spurs are disqualifying for enlistment.  

Fair enough on DODMERB. Now do you want me to share with you the difference between a Command Surgeon (A Flag Officer's Senior Medical advisor) and The Surgeon General (The Commander of MEDCOM)? Or can we just agree I said Command Surgeon when I meant Command Surgeon and I asked did you mean to change it the The Surgeon General when you introduced that term? Or perhaps you just want to stick with how wrong I was and what I missed.

I may speak with the Command Surgeon tomorrow, but he may not know disqualifying conditions or waiver criteria from 1968. But if you want to give me your email I'll share it with him so you can point him in the right direction as well. I doubt TSG's Aide knows much about medical conditions at all; he's pretty much just a messenger. 

(04-24-2019, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fair enough on DODMERB. Now do you want me to share with you the difference between a Command Surgeon (A Flag Officer's Senior Medical advisor) and The Surgeon General (The Commander of MEDCOM)? Or can we just agree I said Command Surgeon when I meant Command Surgeon and I asked did you mean to change it the The Surgeon General when you introduced that term? Or perhaps you just want to stick with how wrong I was and what I missed.

I may speak with the Command Surgeon tomorrow, but he may not know disqualifying conditions or waiver criteria from 1968. But if you want to give me your email I'll share it with him so you can point him in the right direction as well. I doubt TSG's Aide knows much about medical conditions at all; he's pretty much just a messenger. 

Which command?  FORSCOM? SOCOM? TRADOC?  Because it's not MEDCOM.

The difference between the responsibilities of a Command Surgeon and the Surgeon General is the former isn't responsible for developing the standards of medical fitness and the latter is.

Why would the HRC surgeon want your "findings"?  Does the Army even have an HRC surgeon?  Because what other command could you work at in Kentucky with a degree in HR?
That is an fascinating conversation around the fact that Joe Biden better not bring up the bone spurs issue when attacking Trump.
(04-25-2019, 01:30 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Which command?  FORSCOM? SOCOM? TRADOC?  Because it's not MEDCOM.

The difference between the responsibilities of a Command Surgeon and the Surgeon General is the former isn't responsible for developing the standards of medical fitness and the latter is.

Why would the HRC surgeon want your "findings"?  Does the Army even have an HRC surgeon?  Because what other command could you work at in Kentucky with a degree in HR?

The Command doesn't matter. Hell just type AFRICOM COMMAND SURGEON in a search window. Thanks for telling me the difference between a Command Surgeon and TSG, because folks can look back at the last few posts and easily see I was the one confused.

Not sure why the HRC Surgeon would want my findings and I'm pretty sure I've never suggested he/she did.

But this has gotten so far away from the point of the thread that I am done. Just take solace in the fact that folks now know that you know what asthma is and can count days.

(04-25-2019, 01:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: That is an fascinating conversation around the fact that Joe Biden better not bring up the bone spurs issue when attacking Trump.

Probably should leave groping women out of it as well.

(04-25-2019, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Probably should leave groping women out of it as well.

Probably, although honestly I do not see Biden as a women molester or a sexual predator. Rather like one of those folks who just get too close by nature, like those girls who want to kiss cheeks all the time.

Not that I think that's all cool, but still, nuances. But yeah he should probably go for one of the 10.000 other instances to attack Trump.
(04-25-2019, 02:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Probably, although honestly I do not see Biden as a women molester or a sexual predator. Rather like one of those folks who just get too close by nature, like those girls who want to kiss cheeks all the time.

Not that I think that's all cool, but still, nuances. But yeah he should probably go for one of the 10.000 other instances to attack Trump.

Just locker room talk.  Nothing to even care about.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-25-2019, 02:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Probably, although honestly I do not see Biden as a women molester or a sexual predator. Rather like one of those folks who just get too close by nature, like those girls who want to kiss cheeks all the time.

You do realize there's only 10 other instances to go after Trump and here I'm supposed to be the Trump supporter. If it's Biden v. Trump I do believe the Libs are in trouble.

(04-25-2019, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize there's only 10 other instances to go after Trump and here I'm supposed to be the Trump supporter. If it's Biden v. Trump I do believe the Libs are in trouble.

Isn't Biden one of the more centrist guys you would consider?

Also, what do you mean with "only ten instances"? I think there are more than 10 legitimate attack lines that can be used against Trump.
(04-25-2019, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize there's only 10 other instances to go after Trump and here I'm supposed to be the Trump supporter. If it's Biden v. Trump I do believe the Libs are in trouble.

See I kind of think the opposite here. The further to the left the Dem candidate is, the more chance Trump has. Obviously we both could be wrong, who knows anymore with how elections go. But for me, I just can't bring myself to vote for one of these "progressive" Libs. I'd rather move to Canada than that, or worse Europe. But Biden though, I'll see what his platform is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-25-2019, 05:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: See I kind of think the opposite here. The further to the left the Dem candidate is, the more chance Trump has. Obviously we both could be wrong, who knows anymore with how elections go. But for me, I just can't bring myself to vote for one of these "progressive" Libs. I'd rather move to Canada than that, or worse Europe. But Biden though, I'll see what his platform is.

Not arguing the more center the better the chances in the GE, I just think Biden is too much been there, done that. The issue is, the a more conservative a DEM has the less likely he/she is to win the DNC; unless one can catch fire or the DNC pulls similar shit to last cycle. Mayor Joe could be that candidate.

WTS, if bfine has to bet the farm today on who is the DEM in the GE he's putting it all on The Bern

(04-25-2019, 03:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: Isn't Biden one of the more centrist guys you would consider?

Also, what do you mean with "only ten instances"? I think there are more than 10 legitimate attack lines that can be used against Trump.

Oh, I hope it's Biden; I just said a Lib should hope for it.

You stated 10.000 that = 10 in 'Merica. You're not using that metric non-sense are you?

(04-25-2019, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Command doesn't matter. Hell just type AFRICOM COMMAND SURGEON in a search window. Thanks for telling me the difference between a Command Surgeon and TSG, because folks can look back at the last few posts and easily see I was the one confused.

Not sure why the HRC Surgeon would want my findings and I'm pretty sure I've never suggested he/she did.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to figure out after you "never" suggested this . . .

(04-24-2019, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First thanks to Breech for bumping a 2 month old thread to "give me a lesson on Asthma". I will forward his finding the the Command Surgeon.

Quote:But this has gotten so far away from the point of the thread that I am done. Just take solace in the fact that folks now know that you know what asthma is and can count days.

(04-24-2019, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But yeah, being done is best. 

I guess neither of us will ever know what you were going to talk to the Command Doesn't Matter Command Surgeon about.
DJT upping his game.

Mellow

I think it's best to let this die
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-16-2019, 01:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think it's best to let this die

Perhaps.

But watching old grabby awkwardly press his spray tan on to one girl (and no one else) is too funny to pass on.   Smirk