Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump talks the talk, but Biden walks the walk
In 2016, we were told that anyone accused should have their innocence aggressively defended until proven guilty and that people should not comment on things like bragging about sexually assaulting women because we have probably done the same with our friends.

Naturally I expect this same defense for Biden from those people, even if I personally do not think it is right.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-05-2019, 11:55 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In 2016, we were told that anyone accused should have their innocence aggressively defended until proven guilty and that people should not comment on things like bragging about sexually assaulting women because we have probably done the same with our friends.

Naturally I expect this same defense for Biden from those people, even if I personally do not think it is right.

Would you expect condemnation from the same "those people"?

Personally I'm a fan of innocent until proven guilty, think Biden is a man of higher morale character than Trump, and really don't think Biden meant anything sexual in his actions; it just looks worse on him IMO because how he spouted off about Trump. Also, in 2016 we had hearsay and braggadocio. Biden's situation is a little different as we have images.  Fair or not images carry a little more weight.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-05-2019, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Biden's situation is a little different as we have images.  Fair or not images carry a little more weight.

I know what you will say, but to me the rearing of Trumps voice carried a lot more weight than any of these images.

The photos don't show any pusssy grabbing and we had an audio recording of Trump bragging about grabbing the pusssy without even asking.  I don't see how anyone could say these images carry more weight.
(04-05-2019, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  it just looks worse on him IMO because how he spouted off about Trump.

Again, I don't think many men would beat someone up for hugging or rubbing noses with a woman, but many men would agree that a beating is justified for a man who grabs pusssy without asking.

Hugging and rubbing noses is not aggravated sexual assault.  Grabbing a pusssy without permission is.
(04-05-2019, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, I don't think many men would beat someone up for hugging or rubbing noses with a woman, but many men would agree that a beating is justified for a man who grabs pusssy without asking.

Hugging and rubbing noses is not aggravated sexual assault.  Grabbing a pusssy without permission is.

You have no idea if it's sexual assault. As that is up to the individual to decide if it's unwanted. Not surprising that you only extracted to points you wanted to argue in the post; as I freely said I think Biden is of higher morality. Another thing we must consider is their station in life. Trump was a media personality, Biden was an elected official.

As to rubbing noises without permission not causes a fight. Try it next time you go out in front of someone's husband and let me know how it comes out.

(04-05-2019, 12:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would you expect condemnation from the same "those people"?

Personally I'm a fan of innocent until proven guilty, think Biden is a man of higher morale character than Trump, and really don't think Biden meant anything sexual in his actions; it just looks worse on him IMO because how he spouted off about Trump. Also, in 2016 we had hearsay and braggadocio.

Absolutely. I will call them out too and hope that they respond as you did. 

In 2016, numerous people were quick to believe most if not all accusations of sexual assault against Donald Trump, putting weight in the words of the accusers. Naturally I expect anyone who believed those accusers to believe those against Joe Biden.

Quote:Biden's situation is a little different as we have images.  Fair or not images carry a little more weight.

It's different in a variety of ways. It's different in that we have photos of him hugging people, sometimes looking creepy. Trump had audio of him bragging about pushing women without their permission and grabbing their crotches, but that could be him embellishing. The nature of the accusations against Biden are very different, though all of it is unacceptable. Biden responded saying that he needs to be more mindful of personal space whereas Trump responded that accusers were too ugly for him to assault. 

I hope none of this prevents anyone from responding to condemnation of Biden, but I also hope people recognize appropriate ways to respond to this.

(04-05-2019, 02:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  Biden responded saying that he needs to be more mindful of personal space

and just like that he does this

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/437582-biden-im-not-sorry-for-anything-that-i-have-ever-done?fbclid=IwAR3je-ixdJmJqy671N87hLifyZHe2U7R2qQjL6VOXjilEEZnPPNaAmDcmYs&fbclid=IwAR0zJo5ij32l4uxtpmXMTJHUnjm7XwdK-wG_MKI-5AWqtS2laLadOysBcgg

“The fact of the matter is I made it clear that if I made anyone feel [uncomfortable], I feel badly about that. It was never my intention. Ever."

"I’m sorry I didn’t understand more. I’m not sorry for any of my intentions. I’m not sorry for anything that I have ever done. I have never been disrespectful intentionally to a man or a woman. So that’s not the reputation I’ve had since I was in high school, for God’s sakes."

“It was not my intent to make light of anyone’s discomfort. I realize my responsibility is to not invade the space of anyone who is uncomfortable.”

What an awful, awful response. Even if your intent isn't to disrespect/make people feel uncomfortable, apologize and say you are sorry for those actions because, intent aside, the actions caused a very understandable response in a number of people. 

(04-04-2019, 10:16 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Rumor has it this video has been doctored. Can't tell.

Mellow

(04-03-2019, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You and the creators of this meme are not trying to make light of the situation are you?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-05-2019, 03:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

I know I was.

I just didn't use the image of a man and his deceased son to fail at making a feeble point.

I'm glad Americans are back on their moral high horse. Not surprised it's just because a Dem is in focus.

Kav, Trump accusers certainly see the difference standards, as they watch the men they accused get elected and confirmed into powerful positions while Dems get brought down left and right from accusations.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-05-2019, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I was.

I just didn't use the image of a man and his deceased son to fail at making a feeble point.

So long as we now know who the arbiter of what is allowed and not allowed when making "light" of a situation.   Hilarious
(04-05-2019, 05:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: So long as we now know who the arbiter of what is allowed and not allowed when making "light" of a situation.   Hilarious

No arbitration. Just my opinion.

(04-04-2019, 11:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: And how an adult handles a child:

A handler wrote that post. Real Biden would have went on about how tough he was when he was still a school child and threatened to beat Trump up near a gym class or something. Like an adult. 

Honestly, in a fight with Trump, Biden would go down fast and hard crying all the way.  Ninja

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(04-05-2019, 06:34 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Honestly, in a fight with Trump, Biden would go down fast and hard crying all the way.  Ninja

I dunno. One good kick in the bone spurs and Trump would wilt.

Although, honestly, Trump would probably just getting throwdown deferments.
(04-05-2019, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. One good kick in the bone spurs and Trump would wilt.

Although, honestly, Trump would probably just getting throwdown deferments.

But what if Biden's asthma kicked in during the bout?

Quote:According to the documents, Biden, 65, received several deferments while he was an undergraduate at the University of Delaware and later as a law student at Syracuse University. A month after undergoing a physical exam in April 1968, Biden received a Selective Service classification of 1-Y, meaning he was available for service only in the event of national emergency.

“As a result of a physical exam on April 5, 1968, Joe Biden was classified 1-Y and disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager,” said David Wade, a campaign spokesman.

https://911familiesforamerica.org/did-joe-biden-dodge-the-military-draft-after-bloody-tet-offensive/

(04-05-2019, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But what if Biden's asthma kicked in during the bout?

https://911familiesforamerica.org/did-joe-biden-dodge-the-military-draft-after-bloody-tet-offensive/

Then they'd probably fall over each other?
(04-05-2019, 07:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Then they'd probably fall over each other?

That one didn't work out as you hoped did it? 

(04-05-2019, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That one didn't work out as you hoped did it? 

No skin off my nose.  ThumbsUp

Fwiw, biden is ok. That's light years better than the embarrassment and damage if trump, but not really what I'd look for in a world leader . I dont think he'd advocate cheating on taxes, sexual assaults,suppressing constitutional rights, hasten nuclear advancement of a country that may have indirectly attacked us, but I don't think he would implement any lasting improvement in policy.

He'd be like Obama: eight years of moderate to no growth. Which, again, is at least better than the soul sucking we have now, but not really who I'd vote for.
(04-05-2019, 09:18 PM)Benton Wrote: No skin off my nose.  ThumbsUp

Fwiw, biden is ok. That's light years better than the embarrassment and damage if trump, but not really what I'd look for in a world leader . I dont think he'd advocate cheating on taxes, sexual assaults,suppressing constitutional rights, hasten nuclear advancement of a country that may have indirectly attacked us, but I don't think he would implement any lasting improvement in policy.

He'd be like Obama: eight years of moderate to no growth. Which, again, is at least better than the soul sucking we have now, but not really who I'd vote for.

Yeah, I think we get too caught up in the Bones Spurs narrative. Lots of folks of privilege got deferred from service in Vietnam. I hope throughout his life whenever McCain looked at them, they felt a sense of shame.    

(04-05-2019, 07:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Then they'd probably fall over each other?

At least one had a legitimate health issue.

But hey...anything to defend Trump make Trump looks less bad.  Airight?!?!  Hilarious