Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Adam Jones has plenty suitors - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Adam Jones has plenty suitors (/Thread-Adam-Jones-has-plenty-suitors)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - J24 - 03-03-2016

I would let him walk the guy is good but he is also 33 with a ton of off field problems and on field problems. Rather spend money on guys in their prime like Iloka and Marvin Jones. Hell sign a guy like Casey Hayward to fill Adam Jones role.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - SunsetBengal - 03-04-2016

(03-03-2016, 06:49 PM)J24 Wrote: I would let him walk the guy is good but he is also 33 with a ton of off field problems and on field problems. Rather spend money on guys in their prime like Iloka and Marvin Jones. Hell sign a guy like Casey Hayward to fill Adam Jones role.

A ton of on field problems?  C'mon man, he's skill set hasn't dropped a bit and he's not a dirty player.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - Benton - 03-04-2016

(03-02-2016, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would think it unwise for the Bengals to allow Adam Jones to walk off to another team.  I'm not saying break the freakin' bank, just make him a respectable serious offer, before free agency begins.  I'm not sure what his actual worth should be, but I do know that due to his past transgressions, the team has been getting premium talent usage out of him, for a bargain price.  So, it is kind of time to reward him for what he has done, and keep him for another 2 years.  Dennard could be the real deal, if he can remain healthy, Kirkpatrick has sort of underachieved yet remains at least playable, Josh Shaw seems like he's going to develop well;  it's time to let Leon ride off to the sunset, and use that cash on other players, like Adam Jones.

What is a fair market value for Adam Jones talent?  I really have little clue, but off the top of my head, I'm thinking 2 years/12M with 6M of that being signing bonus.

To the bold, I don't think he will go. And I think Jones is smart enough to weigh the sign and cut versus stay and play. Fred's got another thread around here that mentions it, but basically, a sizable chunk of big free agents don't finish out their contracts. Many only make it a year or two after a big signing. Look at MJ last season — got a nice contract, shown the door after a bad year. It happens frequently.

On the other hand, the Bengals let Hall play out 8-9$ million last season. We paid Geathers and gave him a spot long after he was productive.

I think Jones is just trying to show the Bengals there is some interest, get the number bumped up some. And the Bengals are probably trying to keep it bumped down a little because they know they'll actually pay him the figure regardless of how he plays the next 2-4 seasons.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - J24 - 03-05-2016

(03-04-2016, 09:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A ton of on field problems?  C'mon man, he's skill set hasn't dropped a bit and he's not a dirty player.

He had 3 unsportsmanlike penaltys last season ( one in which he slammed a players head against a helmet). Secondly his skill hasn't dropped yet but it will and it will happen soon. 

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - magikod - 03-05-2016

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - SunsetBengal - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 06:09 AM)J24 Wrote: He had 3 unsportsmanlike penaltys last season ( one in which he slammed a players head against a helmet). Secondly his skill hasn't dropped yet but it will and it will happen soon. 

I can't really argue with you about the personal fouls, they serve nothing good.  However, it seems to me like the entire secondary cranks it up a notch, when Jones is on the field.  He seems to actually bring the swagger, that Dre Kirkpatrick was supposed to bring.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - jj22 - 03-07-2016

Add the Ravens to the ever growing list

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/07/ravens-interested-in-adam-jones-too/

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - BengalChris - 03-08-2016

(03-05-2016, 10:18 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't really argue with you about the personal fouls, they serve nothing good.  However, it seems to me like the entire secondary cranks it up a notch, when Jones is on the field.  He seems to actually bring the swagger, that Dre Kirkpatrick was supposed to bring.

Yeah, Kirkpatrick seems to have left his swagger at Alabama.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - jj22 - 03-08-2016

Add the Jets

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/jets-interested-in-adam-jones/

Hopefully everyone sees while Bengal fans turn on Burfict and Adam over how the media portrayed them in the Wildcard game, like Adam, Burfict would be a hot commodity, and if signed elsewhere an instant star. Which ever team gets Adam, will be looked at as a great signing and likely steal. While Bengals fans buy into the national media narrative about him being a thug and locker room cancer.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - bfine32 - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 11:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Add the Jets

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/08/jets-interested-in-adam-jones/

Hopefully everyone sees while Bengal fans turn on Burfict and Adam over how the media portrayed them in the Wildcard game, like Adam, Burfict would be a hot commodity, and if signed elsewhere an instant star. Which ever team gets Adam, will be looked at as a great signing and likely steal. While Bengals fans buy into the national media narrative about him being a thug and locker room cancer.

I've never seen anyone consider him a locker room cancer, but consider me one that "buys into" him being a thug or I'd more likely go with punk after punching that female.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - jj22 - 03-08-2016

Well he's def not a choir boy, but neither are far more popular (media darlings) players on other teams.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - yellowxdiscipline - 03-08-2016

Im going with my gut on this one and say we shouldn't overpay a 33 year old corner back.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - Shake n Blake - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 01:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im going with my gut on this one and say we shouldn't overpay a 33 year old corner back.

I feel ya, but who are we replacing him with? And don't say a rookie.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - pulses - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 01:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya, but who are we replacing him with? And don't say a rookie.

Give Dennard a shot and draft William Jackson III in the 1st.

Maybe sign someone like Casey Hayward.

RE: Adam Jones has plenty suitors - Shake n Blake - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 02:13 PM)pulses Wrote: Give Dennard a shot and draft William Jackson III in the 1st.

Maybe sign someone like Casey Hayward.

Dennard is totally unproven and coming off an injury. Going from a proven player like Adam to any rookie is going to be a pretty big drop off.

I love Casey Heyward (wanted to draft him), but this team rarely goes after a talented player in his prime. Plus it could hurt their compensatory picks.