Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Target removes gender based signage for kids - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Target removes gender based signage for kids (/Thread-Target-removes-gender-based-signage-for-kids)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - SteelCitySouth - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:26 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  So for anyone to suggest that homosexuality is natural or normal is wrong because there is no rhyme or reason for it. Attraction for the same sex is meaningless, it results in nothing, serves no useful purpose in nature.

Homosexuality happens in the natural world beyond humans all the time.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - PhilHos - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:26 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  So for anyone to suggest that homosexuality is natural or normal is wrong because there is no rhyme or reason for it. Attraction for the same sex is meaningless, it results in nothing, serves no useful purpose in nature.

2 things:
1) Many things are "natural" that are considered bad things. Children born with birth defects. Cancer. Etc.

2) Homosexuality DOES serve a purpose in nature. It prevents the population from expanding to a level that is dangerous to a species. Nature does this all the time (prevent overpopulation, I mean), especially for organisms and species with little to no natural predators.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Vas Deferens - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:26 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  I don't quite understand all the bickering. Both are mental disorders, except that one has victims, the other one is victimless.
Things happen in nature for a reason. Attraction toward the opposite sex results in procreation. So for anyone to suggest that homosexuality is natural or normal is wrong because there is no rhyme or reason for it. Attraction for the same sex is meaningless, it results in nothing, serves no useful purpose in nature.

Homosexuality, Not Natural.
Virgin Birth, DEFINITELY HAPPENED.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:26 AM)Blutarsky Wrote:  I don't quite understand all the bickering. Both are mental disorders, except that one has victims, the other one is victimless.
Things happen in nature for a reason. Attraction toward the opposite sex results in procreation. So for anyone to suggest that homosexuality is natural or normal is wrong because there is no rhyme or reason for it. Attraction for the same sex is meaningless, it results in nothing, serves no useful purpose in nature.

(09-01-2015, 09:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Thank you for scientific and well cited opinion.  Good to know that homosexuality but isn't natural because no one has babies.  I've never heard that argument before.

Mellow

(09-01-2015, 10:07 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Homosexuality happens in the natural world beyond humans all the time.

(09-01-2015, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: 2 things:
1) Many things are "natural" that are considered bad things. Children born with birth defects. Cancer. Etc.

2) Homosexuality DOES serve a purpose in nature. It prevents the population from expanding to a level that is dangerous to a species. Nature does this all the time (prevent overpopulation, I mean), especially for organisms and species with little to no natural predators.

(09-01-2015, 11:54 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Homosexuality, Not Natural.
Virgin Birth, DEFINITELY HAPPENED.

Well that post didn't go as planned.  I now understand how my Nirvana thread was viewed. Mellow

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Benton - 09-01-2015

And that concludes Blutarsky's contribution to this thread.

LOL

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Rotobeast - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 01:10 PM)Benton Wrote: And that concludes Blutarsky's contribution to this thread.

LOL

Obligatory.....

[Image: 484ab61ae625160acd6e3cc71cc460e5.jpg]

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - bfine32 - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 10:07 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Homosexuality happens in the natural world beyond humans all the time.

So does rape

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - GMDino - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So does rape

Rape is a choice. Mellow

(09-01-2015, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So does rape

False equivalence...See rape has a victim where as homosexuality does not.  Also stop me when you find something in my list that does not happen in nature as well in humanity.

eating
sleeping
running
walking
vocalization
killing
infanticide

That being said...My post was in direct response to a poster arguing that it does not exist in nature...please tell us all how your post is relevant.

(09-01-2015, 02:04 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Obligatory.....

[Image: 484ab61ae625160acd6e3cc71cc460e5.jpg]

I feel very bad that I didn't think of that!

(09-01-2015, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rape is a choice. Mellow

uuuuhhhmmmm, yes.

Getting raped is not, but I was just pointing out by the given logic that it is natural.

(09-01-2015, 02:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuhhhmmmm, yes.

Getting raped is not, but I was just pointing out by the given logic that it is natural.

The logic only follow in that it is an example of things that happen in nature, it does not logically follow the conversation at hand though.

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - RoyleRedlegs - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 02:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rape is a choice. Mellow

(09-01-2015, 02:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: False equivalence...See rape has a victim where as homosexuality does not.  Also stop me when you find something in my list that does not happen in nature as well in humanity.

eating
sleeping
running
walking
vocalization
killing
infanticide

That being said...My post was in direct response to a poster arguing that it does not exist in nature...please tell us all how your post is relevant.

Tree rape 

(09-01-2015, 02:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Tree rape 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-01-2015, 02:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The logic only follow in that it is an example of things that happen in nature, it does not logically follow the conversation at hand though.

Sure it does. Dude suggested same sex mating was not natural and you suggested it was because it occurs among animals.

(09-01-2015, 02:31 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: False equivalence...See rape has a victim where as homosexuality does not.

Who was talking about victims?

(09-01-2015, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure it does. Dude suggested same sex mating was not natural and you suggested it was because it occurs among animals.
So then you agree with me.  That homosexuality is natural and does happen in nature, similarly as does rape?  So what.  So does eating, and sleeping.  Running and jumping.  Killing, and infanticide.  
There are differences though with all of those things.  I wonder what they are?

(09-01-2015, 03:56 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So then you agree with me.  That homosexuality is natural and does happen in nature, similarly as does rape?  
Where have I ever disagreed with this?

SteelCitySouth Wrote:So does eating, and sleeping.  Running and jumping.  Killing, and infanticide.  

They are different activities?

RE: Target removes gender based signage for kids - Mike M (the other one) - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 03:56 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So then you agree with me.  That homosexuality is natural and does happen in nature, similarly as does rape?  So what.  So does eating, and sleeping.  Running and jumping.  Killing, and infanticide.  

Homosexuality in Nature is more about dominance by an Alpha male than it is about pleasure, then again, animals can't give consent so it's a moot point to compare humans to animals.

(09-01-2015, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where have I ever disagreed with this?

Great.

(09-01-2015, 04:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Homosexuality in Nature is more about dominance by an Alpha male than it is about pleasure, then again, animals can't give consent so it's a moot point to compare humans to animals.

There are many animal groups that pair homosexually where dominance is not the cause.  Many of the earlier studies of this were also proven to be bad science due to there reporting method.  Again a simple google search is all that in needed.

That being said I agree with the second part.  My op was not to compare animals to humans but to refute a statement that suggests it's not natural when it is.  It literally happens in nature therefor it is natural.