Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He keeps improving the way he did from year 1 to year 2 and he could be pushing for simply best safety in the league.

The dude is a beast.

Overhyped lol let's remember him being dragged by Cleveland that's just a picture of greatness

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:08 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Tobin has OL starter grades on players who are available in the first 3 rounds at least. I don’t know if the same is true about starting outside receivers. That might be the difference

Tobin had a starter grade on Ced and Fisher and Price as well as John Ross and Drew Sample.

I've long since accepted that his talent evaluating needs serious evaluating.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Gdale_Bengal - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Tobin had a starter grade on Ced and Fisher and Price as well as John Ross and Drew Sample.

Tobin has tge last word on who gets drafted here. And there are good OL day 2 players who can and will start for teams in this draft. I bet there are day 3 guys who start immediately in this draft. It’s that deep.

WR is deep too, but there’s a ton of slot guys. They’re talented but when you have a guy like Boyd you dont really need one.

Again, I’m not arguing they should or shouldn’t draft Sewell, but that might be the difference

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:13 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Overhyped lol let's remember him being dragged by Cleveland that's just a picture of greatness

You realize every defender has bad reps at times right?

Just watch this video on the guy.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Synric - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:12 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He keeps improving the way he did from year 1 to year 2 and he could be pushing for simply best safety in the league.

The dude is a beast.

Guys like Adams, Fitzpatrick, and the Honey Badger will always get alot more recognition but they have completely different responsibilities which are closer to hoe the Bengals used Vonn Bell.

Jessie Bates is the best single high aka centerfield safety in the NFL. He gives the Bengals so much versatility because of his instincts and range on the back end. 

(04-08-2021, 10:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Guys like Adams, Fitzpatrick, and the Honey Badger will always get alot more recognition but they have completely different responsibilities which are closer to hoe the Bengals used Vonn Bell.

Jessie Bates is the best single high aka centerfield safety in the NFL. He gives the Bengals so much versatility because of his instincts and range on the back end. 

If only this team could start winning and get him more exposure.

His ball skills are just awesome to watch, how quickly he makes a read and then breaks on the pass to impact the play. Certainly lucky to have him here. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Housh - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:13 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Overhyped lol let's remember him being dragged by Cleveland that's just a picture of greatness

So one play?

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Tobin had a starter grade on Ced and Fisher and Price as well as John Ross and Drew Sample.

Tbf Paul Alexander was supposedly the one who “banged on the table” for Ogbuehi and Fisher.

(04-08-2021, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf Paul Alexander was supposedly the one who “banged on the table” for Ogbuehi and Fisher.

Fair enough.

Just really shows how bad this team is over-all at talent evaluations.

There has been some promise with the last two drafts. Still waiting for them to shock us all and do something like drafting Waddle over the other 3 or Paye or trade... at least if they did that the board would be reunited lol.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Passepartout - 04-08-2021

Well he is taken leadership very early. Noticing on that over in the being named Captain as a rookie!

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 10:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf Paul Alexander was supposedly the one who “banged on the table” for Ogbuehi and Fisher.

And Bodine.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 04:48 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't have source but I heard that Sewell missed a couple team meetings when he was younger and not sure this is true but he had Labrum surgery in 2017 and ankle surgery in 2018.  If those are facts, these along with shorter than ideal arm length had me jump off the Team Sewell train.  

Uhhh. If you've seen his film and the latest vids...jumping off the train, for those reasons, isn't very logical or (no insult intended) smart. 

A couple minor surgeries 3 and 4 years ago, missing a couple meetings when he was "younger"...

He's 20 years old. He's going to mature as he gets older. 

Ah fluck it. I don't really care who's on what team and i'm tired of this stuff already. How many days till the draft?

(04-08-2021, 11:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Uhhh. If you've seen his film and the latest vids...jumping off the train, for those reasons, isn't very logical or (no insult intended) smart. 

A couple minor surgeries 3 and 4 years ago, missing a couple meetings when he was "younger"...

He's 20 years old. He's going to mature as he gets older. 

Ah fluck it. I don't really care who's on what team and i'm tired of this stuff already. How many days till the draft?

so 3 more week of this fun.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 07:51 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Thats fine if they do,but the sewell fans got to realize he's only 20 and he's untested vs top competition,  that's why trying him out at guard first would be a good idea.  But then they better take a good receiver in the 2nd again or our offense is going to be boring if not,struggling to score. With a defense that's not going to be elite. We have no superstars on defense. 

This guy has talent. He's not a 3rd or even a 2nd round pick that necessarily needs the time those guys do. Watch his tape. I don't care as much about the competition as i care about his skill, which he has in spades. 

He has skills that you can't teach, but you can teach how to use those skills more effectively. 

Lapham has weighed in on the debate.

His pick

Sewell or Slater

"Who's gonna give ya 70 snaps and who's gonna give ya 70 snaps that might help your team the most?" Lapham asked. "I lean toward the tackle. I lean toward Sewell. Here's a guy that's going to give you 70 snaps a game if you average 65-70 [offensive] snaps. He'll help Joe Burrow. He'll help Joe Mixon. He'll help the receivers because he'll be giving Joe Burrow time. He'll help his teammates on the offensive line. I think the ripple effect of a guy like when Anthony Muñoz was drafted. There's an example—the ripple effect of that excellence, plus I'm telling you it brings everybody's level of play up. When he showed up to camp and he was doing what he was doing, everybody was like 'woah.' And then when he was running like he was running. 'Anthony Muñoz is working like that? I better up the ante, man. I better do a little bit more.' Because you got this guy that's got this talent and all of this work ethic and that's what Sewell sounds like—the same kind of guy. These kind of guys can lift your organization in a myriad of ways. I just think that if it's not Sewell, if they think (Rashawn) Slater's better than Sewell, whoever it is in that offensive line position, I'd probably lean toward going that way."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/dave-lapham-weighs-in-on-the-bengals-fifth-pick-in-the-2021-nfl-draft

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-09-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: 21

Lol then you can get excited for who you drafted for about a week,then it gets really fun with football talk. 

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 04-09-2021

(04-08-2021, 11:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: 21

[Image: thumb_ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-ffiffififiuuuu...290019.png]

But i didn't say fudge...

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 04-09-2021

Damn I almost finished tonight. I just have the Jets left to go.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - CJD - 04-09-2021

(04-08-2021, 02:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty damn sure Joe would also be all for being protected by a player like Sewell too.

I think we all are reading too much into this. I think most of us keeping Chase as a possibility have great points.

Pitts is the guy I love the most but I think he will be gone so moot point.

We just weren't closing our minds and saying Sewell or nothing like some were and are.

If Joe wants protection, get him protection. My opinion works both ways; Give Joe what he wants because he is the player through which we will experience either success or failure.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - fredtoast - 04-09-2021

(04-09-2021, 07:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Joe wants protection, get him protection. My opinion works both ways; Give Joe what he wants because he is the player through which we will experience either success or failure.

Uh, No.

(04-08-2021, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many teams would hire Joe Burrow to be their GM?

People love to criticize Taylor for having Burrow throw 40+ times a game, but if they left it up to Joe I bet he would want to throw it 50.  We all love his confidence. He probably thinks he can win games with his arm alone.  In fact a lot of great QBs probably feel the same way.  Just like a lot of great WRs think they should get the ball every time.  And that is why players play but they don't coach or run the front office.