Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Ja'Marr Chase Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The Ja'Marr Chase Thread (/Thread-The-Ja-Marr-Chase-Thread)

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nati#1 - 08-30-2021

Seeing him leave the field with the starters rubbed me the wrong way, to me he didn’t earn it to go and sit out with the starting guys. His ass should have stayed out there until he caught the damn ball. What a slap in the face to the other guys like Micheal Thomas and Auden Tate.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nati#1 - 08-30-2021

(08-29-2021, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed...but the wacky part is that he COULD have stayed in the damn game and caught one stinking pass from Allen and it would have been something.  I guess the haters would be like "It's just one catch in pre-season, who cares?!"

Side note, I was promised Burrow would grab any WR who drops the ball by the nutsack and scream in his ear until he got better...Burrow and Chase both seem pretty OK with how shat things look right now.

Agreed, he should have stayed in the game until he shook off that mental thing. Now come opening game the pressure is really gonna be on.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - BacknDaDey - 08-30-2021

(08-29-2021, 10:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: To me it looks like he's excited to make contact, break a tackle, and take it to the house. Unfortunately he's too amped and doesn't catch the ball before looking for the first defender to truck/juke. 

See how that works? 

No!

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 08-30-2021

I think we’re going to end up just fine in the regular season. They keep trying to force feed Chase but I think Boyd and Higgins really take the pressure off come game time. I just think the play calling has been extremely pedestrian and I don’t think that helps with anything.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Murdock2420 - 08-30-2021

(08-29-2021, 09:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: My concern level for Chase has gone up and down. But with his practices becoming more consistent and the fact he had 124 targets that year at LSU with Burrow and only had 6 drops makes me think he'll be fine. It's just probably gonna take him getting game reps which as someone else said might've been a good reason to get him some extra preason reps.

The practice reps don't really excite me. It's easy to go out and play pitch and catch when you are going against the same guy everyday and know that guy won't actually light you up with a big hit. Seeing the same guy and the same defensive calls let's you get comfortable and get good separation, not too mention there is zero pressure in a practice rep.

The fact that in live action it has looked this bad, has to be a little concerning to even the biggest of Chase supporters. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - XenoMorph - 08-30-2021

(08-09-2021, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will we regret it? Idk, can we see him play in a single game first before we make that determination? I guarantee if he was balling out right now all of you doom and gloomers would be downplaying it because it’s just TC.

Will we see him make a catch ?

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Nicomo Cosca - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 01:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Will we see him make a catch ?

Nah, I have it on good authority that they’re done with this WR experiment for him. Apparently he’s being converted to long snapper.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Frank Booth - 08-30-2021

Not going to say anything

Just gonna enjoy reading the posts from the fans and the fanboys

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - tms - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 12:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think we’re going to end up just fine in the regular season. They keep trying to force feed Chase but I think Boyd and Higgins really take the pressure off come game time. I just think the play calling has been extremely pedestrian and I don’t think that helps with anything.

Good point. I just wish he'd given us something- anything. He's really pushing the "preseason means squat' theorem to the max here. Next to getting hurt, he's had the worst preseason imaginable. At least he's taken some of the attention off of Burrow, I'll give him that.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Hot Ganipganaps - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 02:00 AM)tms Wrote: Good point. I just wish he'd given us something- anything. He's really pushing the "preseason means squat' theorem to the max here. Next to getting hurt, he's had the worst preseason imaginable. At least he's taken some of the attention off of Burrow, I'll give him that.

I wouldn't trust him to carry Tate's bags, he might drop them...

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Bengalitis - 08-30-2021

All that swag on draft day to no catches in the preseason. My name is Chase and I am the #1 draft pick of the Cincinnati Bengals.

On a positive note: He'll get plenty of chances to save himself once the season starts. Unless he truly is Jamarr Ross.

PS. Can they do a drug test on him, you know..

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - GreenCornBengal - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 08:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: All that swag on draft day to no catches in the preseason. My name is Chase and I am the #1 draft pick of the Cincinnati Bengals.

On a positive note: He'll get plenty of chances to save himself once the season starts. Unless he truly is Jamarr Ross.

PS. Can they do a drug test on him, you know..

Can we drug test you, cuz he had a catch in preseason.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-30-2021

Ja’Marr Chase looked awful yesterday just like the rest of preseason. If he wasn’t a first round pick he would be barely considered for the practice squad. That’s where I would put him.

Dan Coats had better hands.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - impactplaya - 08-30-2021

Chases body language on the sideline was bothersome
Everytime the camera showed him he was
Smiling laughing acting like its all good
With him. No worries.
I hope ZT and Walters have enough man
In them to make him earn his targets and
Hand him the #3 WR spot.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - jj22 - 08-30-2021

(08-29-2021, 11:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Those defenders weren't close enough to make a play on the ball, they were just close enough to lay the wood on Chase if he caught the ball...and that seems to be the problem. He looks like he's afraid to take the hit.

Unlike Irwin and Moss. 

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Whatever - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 01:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The practice reps don't really excite me. It's easy to go out and play pitch and catch when you are going against the same guy everyday and know that guy won't actually light you up with a big hit. Seeing the same guy and the same defensive calls let's you get comfortable and get good separation, not too mention there is zero pressure in a practice rep.

The fact that in live action it has looked this bad, has to be a little concerning to even the biggest of Chase supporters. 

It concerns me a bit, mainly because Ross didn't really have drop issues in college but never seemed to shake the issue here.  It's disappointing, certainly, but I think he will be ok once he stops thinking so much and the game slows down.  A lot of the opt out guys are having issues acclimating, so that may be more of an issue than previously thought.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Bengalitis - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 09:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can we drug test you, cuz he had a catch in preseason.

I know he had only 1 catch, not enough.  He needs to be tested regardless.  Tiger

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Whatever - 08-30-2021

(08-30-2021, 01:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not going to say anything

Just gonna enjoy reading the posts from the fans and the fanboys

Saw Sewell graded 35.3 in the Lions preseason finale, the lowest of any offensive player on the team.  He has the 3rd lowest grade through the entirety of preseason.

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - Emeritus - 08-30-2021

Tiger

He'll be fine at some point.... The thing that he needed most that he won't be able to get now was true preseason game reps. Maybe a couple quarters yesterday... Zac! ( Thats coaching)
The same can be said about Burrow as well because he MOST certainly needed a series every preseason game along with a scrimmage for mental purposes. I'll give 6251 a pass on that one because it came from up top. That could be the difference in a slow start this season

RE: Will we regret the Chase pick? - muskiesfan - 08-30-2021

If we're still doing the Sewell/Chase thing, Sewell did have less drops this preseason than Chase and it wasn't even close. (that's a total joke. it was said for fun and to hopefully get a chuckle. nothing more, nothing less)

People really need to move past the Sewell/Chase thing. Chase is a Bengal, Sewell is not. Regardless of how good or bad Sewell plays, it's more important to the team that Chase plays well. It's just weird that some people really seem to be wanting Sewell to play poorly. Leave the kid alone. I wanted Sewell as well, but we took Chase. I'd rather spend my time supporting him and hoping he breaks out than waste any energy hoping for Sewell to fail.

I really believe the drops thing will be behind Chase soon enough. He's a good ball player. He will be a positive for the offense. He'll calm down, the game will start coming to him, and having Boyd and Higgins helps give him time to get it together. I really don't think it will be too long until we don't even talk about the drops anymore other than people holding onto it just trying to take away from the kid.