Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - NUGDUKWE - 03-19-2022

I just thought this was funny because I saw a tweet from Denny. Also he was being negative.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The sad part is, the writers followed GRRMs books well (with their own twists) but once that source material was gone, they totally ****** up how it ended. I don't think i've ever been more disappointed in an ending for any other show. 

From my recollection, i liked the first 3 episodes of the final season...and i think it was the end of epi 3 that it started going south. Is that when Arya flew in to kill The Night King with her spiffy knife drop?

And i really, really, really hated the final episode.

Which was one of the only scenes you could actually even see in that episode…

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - bfine32 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please do not post anymore updates of him remaining in Cincy. Let's roll with "He left on a private plane to Miami".

The board is so much more fun to read when folks lose their shit.

(03-19-2022, 09:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This is pathetic if we don't have a quality RT. This line is only marginally better than last season. with no CJ to boot. I could argue pre draft we are the same if not a little worse. Oh well at least we made a SB and won a playoff game. We can't have nice things like competing for championships even with a generational QB. No your not going to get a RT at 31 to come in and start.  I don't care if Collins goes elsewhere we shouldn't even be at the point where 1 players decision is the difference between a good line and a borderline dumpster fire. I include Karas as well because he is a better G than C.

(03-19-2022, 09:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mike you lied watch Burrow take another 50 + sacks next season.

[Image: pigs-celebrate.gif]

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dexter

I can live with the Dexter ending. Thought it could be better but it didn't completely BOMB.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - samhain - 03-19-2022

I'd rescind any offer and fly Williams in immediately. Remove yourself as leverage. Hang him out to dry.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - leonardfan40 - 03-19-2022

Can we all just stop saying “the Bengals blew it” or “leverage” or “medicals”? Nobody here knows anything except the guy was in cincy for a long time.

He doesn’t stick around for 48 hours if the Bengals aren’t making a strong offer. We wouldn’t still be in it if his physical was the issue. He may simply be leaving because this was the first place he came and he wants to see what else is out there.

Once he signs and reporters have more time to talk to “insiders” we’ll hopefully get a better idea of exactly what happened. If there is one thing today showed us, it’s that nobody knows what the hell is going on. He could very well still end up a Bengal. I’m not going to hold my breath though.

Let’s see what happens before we go trashing him or the Bengals.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Science Friction - 03-19-2022

Who is this Williams guy that some are talking about? How does he compare this Bigfoot La'el guy ?

(03-19-2022, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Watson went to Browns so we should be talking to Armstead just to see what his price if indeed Collins has put us on hold to talk to other teams.

Others as well, do not want to have to draft a starting Offensive Tackle

If they wouldn’t pay Collins what he wanted, they damn sure aren’t ponying up for Armstead.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - basballguy - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Which was one of the only scenes you could actually even see in that episode…

Man that was so infuriating...I had friends over to watch that episode in my theater room (110' screen) and I thought my projector lamp was going out.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This is pathetic if we don't have a quality RT. This line is only marginally better than last season. with no CJ to boot. I could argue pre draft we are the same if not a little worse. Oh well at least we made a SB and won a playoff game. We can't have nice things like competing for championships even with a generational QB. No your not going to get a RT at 31 to come in and start.  I don't care if Collins goes elsewhere we shouldn't even be at the point where 1 players decision is the difference between a good line and a borderline dumpster fire. I include Karas as well because he is a better G than C.

If everything is that bad then a RT won't make any difference.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - cinci4life - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Can we all just stop saying “the Bengals blew it” or “leverage” or “medicals”? Nobody here knows anything except the guy was in cincy for a long time.

He doesn’t stick around for 48 hours if the Bengals aren’t making a strong offer. We wouldn’t still be in it if his physical was the issue. He may simply be leaving because this was the first place he came and he wants to see what else is out there.

Once he signs and reporters have more time to talk to “insiders” we’ll hopefully get a better idea of exactly what happened. If there is one thing today showed us, it’s that nobody knows what the hell is going on. He could very well still end up a Bengal. I’m not going to hold my breath though.

This. Everyone just needs to chill the hell out.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - jeremydc - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd rescind any offer and fly Williams in immediately.  Remove yourself as leverage.  Hang him out to dry.

Yup

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Synric - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can live with the Dexter ending. Thought it could be better but it didn't completely BOMB.

They came out with a new final Dexter season on Showtime. I haven't seen it yet though.

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Can we all just stop saying “the Bengals blew it” or “leverage” or “medicals”? Nobody here knows anything except the guy was in cincy for a long time.

Screw logic.... I'm going to whine and moan until he's signed somewhere.

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can live with the Dexter ending. Thought it could be better but it didn't completely BOMB.

Wait…the original ending? Or the new reboot (which I haven’t watched yet - but my wife told me what happened). Cause the original ending was all time terrible. Swimming through a hurricane, only to **** off and become a lumberjack. LOL

It should have ended in season 4 with Trinity. That’s where it peaked.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - fredtoast - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd rescind any offer and fly Williams in immediately.  Remove yourself as leverage.  Hang him out to dry.

(03-19-2022, 09:43 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Yup

You guys can't be serious.

The NFL does not function like teenage romances, and it is never wise to cut off your nose to spite your own face.

(03-19-2022, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys can't be serious.

The NFL does not function like teenage romances, and it is never wise to cut off your nose to spite your own face.

Leave me alone..... Refer to my post above.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shocked

You should really remedy that.

If i ever get done remodeling the bathroom, bonding the pool (5 years after installing it), running electricity to the back side of the deck, building me a new shed down in the yard and finishing up some landscaping, i would.

Oh yeah...next year i'll more than likely start the kitchen/dining room remodel where i knock down the weight-bearing wall between those rooms which also means a shit-ton of work in the basement since i have to redo electrical wiring, plumbing and gas lines and move the furnace and run new cold air returns and supply ducts. 

Easy peasy, right?

(03-19-2022, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: pigs-celebrate.gif]

Please don’t lump me in as “losing my shit.” All I said was this is frustrating, and that we should cut Waynes and sign a RT. I think that’s pretty reasonable.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - samhain - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys can't be serious.

The team has to protect itself.  If it feels that there's a need for a RT, then they can't wait on this guy to visit another team for three days.  The pool of free agents is drying up fast.  Chances are, he's not coming back anyway.  If the Bengals' offer was lauagably non-serious, he'd have left yesterday.  This is a leverage play if there ever was one.