Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow Recruiting Collins - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow Recruiting Collins (/Thread-Burrow-Recruiting-Collins)

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - THE PISTONS - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:26 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Darryl Williams is an upgrade IMO but not a protect your franchise QB upgrade like Collins. I’d take him over Prince Reiff Johnson Smith.

Yep. Ok. Better than what we had
 Not great.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Frank Booth - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Ok. Better than what we had
 Not great.

I’d be fine with cincy picking up a RT who’s better than Reiff.

I don’t even necessarily want Collins, just somebody who, when healthy, is better than Reiff.

At the very least, the same level as Reiff

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - rfaulk34 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just watched the newest season of Dexter last week.

GoT ending was ok. Could have been better.

Lost had to be the worst ending of my favorite shows.

Most people that hate the ending of Lost don't understand it, or don't like that they changed from all the mysteries to something more faith-based.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Most people that hate the ending of Lost don't understand it, or don't like that they changed from all the mysteries to something more faith-based.

Made purgatory livable with Kate lol

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Shake n Blake - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:18 PM)samhain Wrote: Probably time to consider other options. The Bengals obviously did a lot to convince him to sign. Logically, he's either asking for way too much money or the team didn't feel great with he results of his physical. I'm okay with him not being a Bengal if that's the case. If he opts to block for Tua over Burrow, he's not all that motivated by winning titles anyway.

(03-19-2022, 09:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Collins may just be stoking a bidding war and it can't hurt to kick some tires. 

Not saying its the case but Collins may want to actually be here yet his agent feels they have the Bengals nuts in a vice and can bleed more money out of them after hearing other offers. Could make him think twice if offer was fair and it may be now offered elsewhere to someone who may accept. 

Plus if he does just want to leave we need to be moving on our next choices before the FA well evaporates. 

It's only speculation that the Bengals were too cheap. 

X3.

Can't put all your eggs in 1 basket for exactly this type of situation.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Boomer Anderson - 03-19-2022

2021 PFF. For what it’s worth was a little lower.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Ell Prez - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:04 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I get the feeling a lot of folks around here think the front office low balled Collins, that may not be the case at all. It's Collins agents job to make the best deal for him, and if the Bengals are still in the mix, maybe the agent agreed to let the Bengals match other offers made for his clients services All that I read stated that Collins and the Bengals had a wonderful few days together so I wouldn't close the door on a deal not getting done just yet. I'm sure the Bengals aren't going to sit on their hands either, they need to keep working the phones trying to get a RT in here whether that's Collins or not. Like I say, it could be a leverage move just as easy as a low ball move. Business is business, stay tuned.

Would you rather “overpay” for a RT, or hope and pray he accepts our offer, while allowing other teams to make offers. When you have such a need at a vital position, and are lucky enough to not only land a top 5 talent at that position, but he’s a good fit with his play and connection to Pollack- you get the deal done. Coffee’s for closers.

(03-19-2022, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Most people that hate the ending of Lost don't understand it, or don't like that they changed from all the mysteries to something more faith-based.

Yes. I wanted the mysteries solved.

(03-19-2022, 10:55 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Would you rather “overpay” for a RT, or hope and pray he accepts our offer, while allowing other teams to make offers. When you have such a need at a vital position, and are lucky enough to not only land a top 5 talent at that position, but he’s a good fit with his play and connection to Pollack- you get the deal done. Coffee’s for closers.

What if Collins is meh on Pollack?

The Cowboys fired Pollack and replaced him with Alexander.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What if Collins is meh on Pollack?

Well documented that FP and LC have a very high much appreciation for each other.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - leonardfan40 - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What if Collins is meh on Pollack?

Even if Collins was less than impressed with Pollack when they fired him, I’m sure he quickly realized how good he was after a year with Piano Man lol

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Nicomo Cosca - 03-19-2022

(03-19-2022, 11:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What if Collins is meh on Pollack?

We’ve heard otherwise. No reason to speculate that’s the reason. Like anything else, this is very likely about money.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - BrownAssClown - 03-20-2022

(03-19-2022, 10:55 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Would you rather “overpay” for a RT, or hope and pray he accepts our offer, while allowing other teams to make offers. When you have such a need at a vital position, and are lucky enough to not only land a top 5 talent at that position, but he’s a good fit with his play and connection to Pollack- you get the deal done. Coffee’s for closers.

How can we hope and pray he accepts our offer, when we don't know what the offer was or even if there is an offer on the table? The Bengals may have made Collins an overly generous offer and they still want to test the market to see if they get get an even better deal elsewhere, we just don't know. Yes I do know we need an upgrade at RT and we need to protect the franchise but you have over 50 guys you have to budget for. It would be nice if we could just offer an insane amount to get a guy like Collins but the Bengals ,as with all other teams , have to work within the structure of the cap. 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Luvnit2 - 03-20-2022

FA is 4 or 5 days in for 2022.

it is not over for Collins until he signs someone else.

Our FA is not a bust just because a lot of us thought this was a great fit.

I tried to enjoy the roller coaster journey in 2021 which went all the way to a 23-20 loss to the Super Bowl with a very bad OL. Yes, we got some breaks with injuries for a change, but we also learned we have a QB capable of beating the best teams in the NFL.

Let's keep our heads up, keep the faith and try to be classy with the down days of the off season and celebrate the great days.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - PCB Bengal Fan - 03-20-2022

(03-19-2022, 09:22 PM)samhain Wrote: GOT is dead to me after the finale.  I've never seen a show or movie tank it's entire body of work in such and abrupt and complete fashion.  I just can't watch it after witnessing that abortion of an ending.
Lost had a terrible ending that ruined the entire series. The new Star Wars sequels ruined the other 6 movies. The Sopranos finale made me think my cable went out, but I was ok with it. By the way The Sopranos is without question the best piece of cinema ever made.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-20-2022

FWIW, Big Willie just confirmed on Twitter to Malik that it was structure related.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - phil413 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:15 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: FWIW, Big Willie just confirmed on Twitter to Malik that it was structure related.

The contract? As in he didn't like the structure of what was offered? 

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - WVUHomer - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:20 AM)phil413 Wrote: The contract? As in he didn't like the structure of what was offered? 

Likely the guarantees that were written.

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - phil413 - 03-20-2022

(03-20-2022, 12:21 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Likely the guarantees that were written.

Burrow out himself out there, if they miss out they better recover well.  

RE: Burrow Recruiting Collins - Joelist - 03-20-2022

Guarantees...the usual bane of the Bengals.