Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay (/Thread-Jones-on-his-way-out-or-to-at-least-reduced-pay)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - jfkbengals - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great post. Was thinking the same.

Who all "guaranteed" this would never happen? I've seen a LOT of complaining about it. I don't recall anyone saying "I guarantee the Bengals will never make players restructure". Not saying it's never been said by ANYONE, but certainly not a big group of posters like you're implying. Heck, this has happened before. I believe they asked Willie to take a pay cut during the 2008 preseason, then cut him when he balked. It just doesn't happen nearly enough. 

It's stated pretty regularly.

Hell, look at all the "They'll never release Maualuga from his contract" comments from last year and prior.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - fredtoast - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great post. Was thinking the same.

Who all "guaranteed" this would never happen? I've seen a LOT of complaining about it. I don't recall anyone saying "I guarantee the Bengals will never make players restructure". Not saying it's never been said by ANYONE, but certainly not a big group of posters like you're implying. Heck, this has happened before. I believe they asked Willie to take a pay cut during the 2008 preseason, then cut him when he balked. It just doesn't happen nearly enough. 

Well, if not one said it then no one needs to feel offended by my comments.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 03:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's stated pretty regularly.

Hell, look at all the "They'll never release Maualuga from his contract" comments from last year and prior.

Sorry, that doesn't look like a guarantee that the Bengals will never cut or restructure a player ever.

Any links to examples of this happening?

(03-11-2018, 03:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well, if not one said it then no one needs to feel offended by my comments.

Wasn't offended. Just calling out the silliness.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - BengalsRocker - 03-11-2018

Just the handling of BJGE alone should show that loyalty to players has it's limitations.

We all know this...    right?!?

Sure there are guys like Pac and Maualuga but that parting with The Firm should keep people in check.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - fredtoast - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 03:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Any links to examples of this happening?

Wasn't offended. Just calling out the silliness.

I don't have time to do an extensive search, but I can give examples of Bengalsturntup926, McC, and Pat5775 from a thread that YOU POSTED IN.

You really want to play this game?

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Shake n Blake - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't have time to do an extensive search, but I can give examples of Bengalsturntup926, McC, and Pat5775 from a thread that YOU POSTED IN.

I'll call your bluff. Link it.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2018

(03-11-2018, 10:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He is going to leave, then realize he is fighting father time, be "demoted" to KR/PR and return 2 or 3 kicks a year for TDs for them lol. I think this guy, if he's only doing KR/PR has the capability to start us on the 40 yard line on average!

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I've always though that Jones was much more exciting as a PR than as a KR.

(03-11-2018, 02:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There are rumors that MJ and Lafell are facing cut or be released scenarios.

Where are you seeing this?  I'd like to read the story.

Edit:  Nvm, found it.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/17/17021738/adam-jones-and-michael-johnson-listed-as-cut-candidates-by-nfl-com

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Bengal Dude - 03-12-2018

Finally a good move. 

Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - jarrod.gower76 - 03-12-2018

Good move. 1 year late but I will take it. Do not resign him either. Liability now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - fredtoast - 03-12-2018

(03-11-2018, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll call your bluff. Link it.

Thread title Jones decision by 3-14

Post #23 Pat5775

"We know the hard-on Mike Brown has for Pacman.

I'd bet anything Pacman is back next year "

Post #31 BrownAssClown

"Mike Brown pays for loyalty. I think he keeps 'PacMan" and may give him an extension. "

Post #33 Bengalsturtup926

"there is no way they let him go,that's marvins son he never had."

Post#44 Bengaldude

"Mike Brown won't let him go. "

Post #45 (agreeing with post #44) McC

"He somehow wormed his way into Mike's heart and we all know what a safe, warm place that is."

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Shake n Blake - 03-12-2018

(03-11-2018, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way to try and avoid the point.

I am not ripping the people who asked for this.

I am ripping the people who guaranteed this would never happen.  You know, the ones who call themselves "realists".

(03-12-2018, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thread title Jones decision by 3-14

Post #23 Pat5775

Post #31 BrownAssClown

"Mike Brown pays for loyalty. I think he keeps 'PacMan" and may give him an extension. "

Post#44 Bengaldude

"He somehow wormed his way into Mike's heart and we all know what a safe, warm place that is."

Wow, this explains a lot. How can you read these posts and come up with "I am ripping the people who guaranteed this would never happen"?

- Pat saying Mike has a "hard-on" for Pacman implies that Mike would keep Pacman because he likes him, not because he never ever gets rid of anyone, ever. 

- BrownAssClown seems to be making a prediction based on prior evidence, but again, no guarantee of anything. He says "I think" even in reference to Pacman.

- Bengalsturntup isn't even mentioning Mike Brown or the FO...he clearly thought Marvin would be behind keeping him.

- Bengalsdude is referring to Pacman. Not any other players. No guarantee that a cut/restructure would never happen.

- McC is right. Mike has proven to be very loyal and he's kept poor players and coaches a bit too long at times. I think you'd admit this. Still no guarantee of anything, especially not about all players or the future.

None of these guys guaranteed we'd never cut/restructure anyone

1. They're all talking specifically about Pacman
2. They all have various reasons for thinking we'd keep Pacman, and only BrownAssClown seems to imply that it's a systemic thing. The rest seem to think Mike or Marvin had love for Pacman. 
3. There are no guarantees about the future.

Edit: I just realized that when you said "this" that maybe you were talking specifically about Pacman, maybe? I was thinking "this" meant cutting/restructuring in general. If this is the case, I apologize. It seems the more important point would be cutting/restructuring though, not Pacman specifically. Pacman was just a small part of the overall point, which was Mike Brown does not cut/restructure enough. He finally did for the first time in 10 years (IIRC).

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - McC - 03-12-2018

(03-11-2018, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't have time to do an extensive search, but I can give examples of Bengalsturntup926, McC, and Pat5775 from a thread that YOU POSTED IN.

Go ahead.

Post #23 Pat5775

Post #31 BrownAssClown

Post#44 Bengaldude

I don't see any kind of guarantee in what I said.

RE: Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay - Synric - 03-12-2018

Offseason Jungle Noise at its finest in here....

(03-09-2018, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one will ever admit they said that.

Once again I nailed it.

Post#44 Bengaldude

(03-12-2018, 01:18 PM)McC Wrote: I don't see any kind of guarantee in what I said.

Hilarious

(03-12-2018, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Once again I nailed it.

Hilarious

You are just delusional.  And a fabricator.

(03-12-2018, 01:48 PM)McC Wrote: You are just delusional.  And a fabricator.

I am neither delusional nor a fabricator.

But when I am proven wrong I am man enough to own my prediction instead of trying to weasel out of it.

(03-12-2018, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am neither delusional nor a fabricator.

But when I am proven wrong I am man enough to own my prediction instead of trying to weasel out of it.

You were asked to prove your guarantee argument and you quoted a post of mine that contained not one shred of a guarantee.   'Tis you doing the weaseling.

(03-12-2018, 02:42 PM)McC Wrote: You were asked to prove your guarantee argument and you quoted a post of mine that contained not one shred of a guarantee.   'Tis you doing the weaseling.

Okay, if you want to hide behind semantics I can play that game.

You were 100% wrong when you claimed that the Bengals would not pick up the option on the final year of Adam's contract, correct?

(03-12-2018, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay, if you want to hide behind semantics I can play that game.

You were 100% wrong when you claimed that the Bengals would not pick up the option on the final year of Adam's contract, correct?

I made no such claim.  I just stated the fact that Mike has a soft spot in his heart for Adam Jones, a fact Mike has publicly stated.   I can't help what you might have inferred from what I said.  Again, I repeat to you that if you respond to what I actually say, we can discuss anything.