Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jones on his way out or to at least reduced pay
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/bengals-tell-pacman-he-wont-be-back-without-a-pay-cut/

But I'm sure some will find fault with this good decision too.
Reply/Quote
Smart move by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
The Hills are alive with the sound of sweet sweet music!
Reply/Quote
About time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope this is accurate because if it is it is an actual good move in the right direction.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/bengals-tell-pacman-he-wont-be-back-without-a-pay-cut/

Good to hear.

How much is he worth?
Reply/Quote
This will be great if it comes to fruition.
Reply/Quote
Feels almost as good as when Maualuga was released.
Reply/Quote
Love Jones and I'm a big fan, but I still can't forgive him for that personal foul at the end of the playoff loss (granted that he never would have even been in that position if Hill just holds onto the ball).

I'd love to have him back as a rotational guy that can also focus a lot more on punt returns because he's a dangerous weapon back there, but obviously at a much reduced price.

I doubt anyone comes calling for a 35-year-old with his kind of past, so I imagine we'll see him back here, which I'm happy about ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Cut Michael Johnson and sign the best free agent center and Watkins and I will take back posts I made earlier today.

Won't be stunned if we draft a corner in first round.
Reply/Quote
Was the right move. Wouldn't mind having him back at a reduced rate though. Solid back-up & very good punt returner.
Reply/Quote
Good. You can't pay Jones that much with the emergence of WJ3 and already paying DK and Dennard $18 mill against the cap this year alone so they gotta play. Jones would have to see limited snaps and $6.5 mill is too much for a player on limited snaps.

EDIT - With that said, If I were Adam Jones, I'd check to see what my guy Mike Zimmer would offer me. Much rather be a backup for a true contender than a team who has some serious work to do this offseason to make the playoffs again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
But... I thought he was MB's love-child and he would trot him out as a starter for the next 5 years?

See the type of idiocy pessimism brings?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good, I'm glad.
Now use the money to help get a free agent to improve this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
cut MJ next
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/bengals-tell-pacman-he-wont-be-back-without-a-pay-cut/

Great news, would be willing to bring him back for lesser pay as a Returner and backup CB maybe.

Even though i don't care for the guy off the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Good, I'm glad.
Now use the money to help get a free agent to improve this team.

Two middling FAs at $3 mill each...coming up!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
FYI...This puts the Bengals' available cap at just over $40 mill. Spotrac estimates roughly $9 mill that needs to be reserved for draft picks, but that still leaves $31 mill to spend on FAs and extensions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2018, 05:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: But... I thought he was MB's love-child and he would trot him out as a starter for the next 5 years?

See the type of idiocy pessimism brings?

No one will ever admit they said that.

They will just move on to the next "absolute guarantee" and claim they are never wrong.
Reply/Quote
ochocincos Wrote:FYI...This puts the Bengals' available cap at just over $40 mill. Spotrac estimates roughly $9 mill that needs to be reserved for draft picks, but that still leaves $31 mill to spend on FAs and extensions.

Thanks for the update.  Even with some front loaded guaranteed money added into this year's deals for Geno or Dunlap, there should be plenty left to actually plug a few holes.  Even if it's with cut or traded players, there is money. 
Reply/Quote