Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic (/Thread-Christian-Nutjob-Ben-Carson-says-Science-is-Satanic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A few years ago, my brother asked if I had a Facebook account.  I asked him, "Do I look like a ******* teenager to you?"  He said, "That's Myspace."

Yeah, Myspace was lame 10 years ago (or whatever), when I was on it.
I only have Facebook to keep in touch with family and friends.
I HATE email and spam, so messenger on FB is much more neat and clean.
Also, I'm a landlord, so I stalk potential tenants.
Ninja

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after reading 74 posts of this back and forth on creation or evolution stuff, I'm still not sure weather this has any real bearing on the future of Ben Carson's Presidential campaign.  So, the guy stated his position, as all candidates must at some point.  To claim that the guy does not believe in Science, simply because he has faith in the Christian God, does not make any sense.  The man obviously has forgotten more hard Science than most of us can hope to ever learn about.  

I could really give a rat's ass, as to weather he is a true believer or a pure scientist.  The man is brilliant, and I want to learn more about his plan to run the Nation, if her were to be elected.

There is a reason doctors hire business managers to run the business end of the practice.  I don't think he can't do the job of US President.  However, I don't think he has enough experience to be ready, yet.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 10:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yeah, Myspace was lame 10 years ago (or whatever), when I was on it.
Ninja

I reluctantly got a facebook account within the past 2 months.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Benton - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after reading 74 posts of this back and forth on creation or evolution stuff, I'm still not sure weather this has any real bearing on the future of Ben Carson's Presidential campaign.  So, the guy stated his position, as all candidates must at some point.  To claim that the guy does not believe in Science, simply because he has faith in the Christian God, does not make any sense.  The man obviously has forgotten more hard Science than most of us can hope to ever learn about.  

I could really give a rat's ass, as to weather he is a true believer or a pure scientist.  The man is brilliant*, and I want to learn more about his plan to run the Nation, if her were to be elected.

* in his field.

That's important here. The guy was a leading brain surgeon. That doesn't necessarily qualify or disqualify him for anything else. 

I've never met a brain surgeon that I know of. I do know a world renowned heart surgeon. He has four ex wives, two failed practices and, last time I saw him, was driving a 10 year old (or older) Honda because he could pay cash for it. 

Being outstanding in a field doesn't make you qualified for everything.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GMDino - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 10:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yeah, Myspace was lame 10 years ago (or whatever), when I was on it.
Ninja

I liked MySpace for staying in touch and only got Facebook because there were some folks on there like my sister and some of her friends.

I really enjoy Facebook though...because I can stay in touch with the people I want to and at the same time it is very entertaining.

Just have to avoid the vagueposting and drama.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 10:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: I liked MySpace for staying in touch and only got Facebook because there were some folks on there like my sister and some of her friends.

I really enjoy Facebook though...because I can stay in touch with the people I want to and at the same time it is very entertaining.

Just have to avoid the vagueposting and drama.

I only do that, to torture my wife.
ThumbsUp

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - SunsetBengal - 09-23-2015

(09-23-2015, 09:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: A few years ago, my brother asked if I had a Facebook account.  I asked him, "Do I look like a ******* teenager to you?"  He said, "That's Myspace."

So, you do the next best thing...troll a message board. ThumbsUp

I always thought that part of being liberal was being accepting of all people and their assorted beliefs..

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-24-2015

(09-23-2015, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you do the next best thing...troll a message board. ThumbsUp

That's funny because I never considered pointing out stupidity and blatant lies from you and your ilk as trolling.

Quote:I always thought that part of being liberal was being accepting of all people and their assorted beliefs..

Son, the only thing a self-centered conservative such as yourself needs to say to a combat vet like myself is, "Thank you."

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Blutarsky - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's funny because I never considered pointing out stupidity and blatant lies from you and your ilk as trolling.

Son, the only thing a self-centered conservative such as yourself needs to say to a combat vet like myself is, "Thank you."

Liberals claiming that conservatives blatantly lie is highly narcissistic and projecting. Do I really need to list liberal lies for you?...maybe I will in the Brian Liberal Williams thread.
You've probably seen combat like Brian Williams rode with Seal team 6, or Hillary when her helicopter met with sniper fire...2 lies right there.

Atop your high perch of liberal superiority, and as an ex-GI, so you claim,  explain how your inner liberal coped with liberal freaks.

[Image: 34ep8gw.jpg]

..and I bet this guy got what was coming to him right?

[Image: 35d5a1u.jpg]

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - SteelCitySouth - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 07:53 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Liberals claiming that conservatives blatantly lie is highly narcissistic and projecting. Do I really need to list liberal lies for you?...maybe I will in the Brian Liberal Williams thread.
You've probably seen combat like Brian Williams rode with Seal team 6, or Hillary when her helicopter met with sniper fire...2 lies right there.

Atop your high perch of liberal superiority, and as an ex-GI, so you claim,  explain how your inner liberal coped with liberal freaks.

Did something happen to Bradley Cooper?

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - GMDino - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 09:52 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Did something happen to Bradley Cooper?

His wife gave birth to a plastic baby.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Rotobeast - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 10:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: His wife gave birth to a plastic baby.

Hey, the Amish were doing it first !
Ninja

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 07:53 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Liberals claiming that conservatives blatantly lie is highly narcissistic and projecting. Do I really need to list liberal lies for you?...maybe I will in the Brian Liberal Williams thread.

Writes the guy with zero military experience who has no idea WTF narcissitic means or how to use it in a sentence correctly.

I've never thought of myself as liberal or conservative because I have both liberal and conservative views.  But, I understand why people like you and Sunset would label me a liberal because I care enough about the citizens of this country to swear an oath to risk my life for their freedoms while you two sat on your self centered asses and did nothing, but *****.

If being a liberal means "being accepting of all people and their assorted beliefs.." then it confirms I'm not a liberal because I don't accept Sunset's or your ignorant assorted beliefs.  Hell, "your" not even a real person.  "Your" an alt for an alt pretending to be somebody else.

Here ya go, alt . . .

Any more smartass comments?  Or "your" not smart enough to know when to STFU?

(09-24-2015, 10:51 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hey, the Amish were doing it first !
Ninja

Having a plastic baby is really the only way to ensure that you can limit their choices and their mistakes.   Smirk

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - Aquapod770 - 09-24-2015

Oh buzzfeed? Super credible Rolleyes Like bfine said, where does he actually say science is satanic?

Personally as a christian, who is very scientifically literate, the big bang is about as solid a theory as you can get. That said, it really doesn't disprove anything the bible says about creation either. When God said "let there be light" that very well could have been the big bang.

Also knowing that time is relative confirms everything wasn't created in 6 days. 2 Peter 3:8 even gives a hint to this, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." Now Peter is talking about God's promises in this portion of scripture, but it can be related back to genesis. ThumbsUp

(09-24-2015, 11:24 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Oh buzzfeed? Super credible  Rolleyes Like bfine said, where does he actually say science is satanic?

Personally as a christian, who is very scientifically literate, the big bang is about as solid a theory as you can get. That said, it really doesn't disprove anything the bible says about creation either. When God said "let there be light" that very well could have been the big bang.

Also knowing that time is relative confirms everything wasn't created in 6 days. 2 Peter 3:8 even gives a hint to this, "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."  Now Peter is talking about God's promises in this portion of scripture, but it can be related back to genesis.  ThumbsUp

His use of the word "Adversary" is him talking about Satan.

And it could be...but there are other problems with the creation story.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - bfine32 - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Son, the only thing a self-centered conservative such as yourself needs to say to a combat vet like myself is, "Thank you."

Thank You. However, I do recommend removing the photo of your license plate.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - SteelCitySouth - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thank You. However, I do recommend removing the photo of your license plate.

Totally agree...at least blur the letters and numbers.

RE: Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic - michaelsean - 09-24-2015

(09-24-2015, 01:45 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Totally agree...at least blur the letters and numbers.

Too late.  

(09-24-2015, 03:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Too late.  

What did you do.. Confused