Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase (/Thread-Report-Burrow-pushing-for-Bengals-to-draft-Chase)

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Big Boss - 04-13-2021

Penei Sewell + Terrace Marshall or Dyami Brown + Creed Humphrey or Kendrick Green

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BengalsRocker - 04-13-2021

(04-12-2021, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll be honest.  I predicted that Cam would be a complete bust in the NFL.

He was amazing as a runner in college, but he relied a lot on power and I did not think that would transfer as well to the NFL.

I don't think I ever saw him make more than one read in college before taking off running.

He had serious character issues. (stole a laptop while playing for Urban's mafia and was facing expulsion for academic cheating when he transferred)

Plus he was a one-year wonder.

I'm right there with you on Cam.

I thought for certain that his game wouldn't transfer well to the NFL.

Lack of reads like you say and also the air he was putting on passes.

I thought he was going to be an interception machine and bust out quickly.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2021

(04-12-2021, 05:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not sure if some of you already saw this or not (looks like it's 3 days old), but I'd thought I'd share it just to add fuel to the fire...

[img] <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/img]

Had a dream we took Chase...

Definitely possible if we are thinking of extending Reiff next year.

Think we will take Sewell though and think it is the safer pick after watching his Pro Day.

Love Pitts but doubt he makes it past the Falcons after what they said about being interested in him. Great prospect.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bfine32 - 04-13-2021

(04-12-2021, 08:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Crap... weren't you on the Burrow movement last season??!???

If so he is doomed....

[Image: giphy.gif]

Well to my credit; I had the Bengals that year in the Board Mock and I took Cam Newton......because Gabbard was already gone.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bengaloo - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 12:03 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Penei Sewell + Terrace Marshall or Dyami Brown + Creed Humphrey or Kendrick Green

That would be awesome and very possible. Wouldnt mind trading back for Slater either and gaining an extra pick or 2.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-13-2021

So I bounced this idea off one of the mods and it was supported so I figured I'd toss in out here in the thread that just won't die about the argument that just won't die.

We need 2 Badges to be made that can be added into the sig of anyone in the debate. A Team Sewell and a Team Chase. Sorry team Pitts... I really think he is a Falcon.

If you have your Team Sewell Badge, this means for the duration of the 2021 season, no bitching from you in Gameday threads or creating threads about how poor the WR group is playing. Got your guy on the OL at the sacrifice of passing on a very good WR prospect. You knew the risk was there that at 38 there wouldn't be as good of a WR or that WR may not even be the BPA in round 2.

If you have your Team Chase Badge, this means for the duration of the 2021 seasons, no bitching from you in Gameday threads or creating threads about how poor the OL group is playing. You got your guy at WR at the sacrifice of passing on a very good OL prospect. You knew the risk was there that at 38 there wouldn't be as good of an OL player or that OL may not even be the BPA in round 2.

If the battle is going to rage on, might as well make it a little bit interesting.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 02:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So I bounced this idea off one of the mods and it was supported so I figured I'd toss in out here in the thread that just won't die about the argument that just won't die.

We need 2 Badges to be made that can be added into the sig of anyone in the debate. A Team Sewell and a Team Chase. Sorry team Pitts... I really think he is a Falcon.

If you have your Team Sewell Badge, this means for the duration of the 2021 season, no bitching from you in Gameday threads or creating threads about how poor the WR group is playing. Got your guy on the OL at the sacrifice of passing on a very good WR prospect. You knew the risk was there that at 38 there wouldn't be as good of a WR or that WR may not even be the BPA in round 2.

If you have your Team Chase Badge, this means for the duration of the 2021 seasons, no bitching from you in Gameday threads or creating threads about how poor the OL group is playing. You got your guy at WR at the sacrifice of passing on a very good OL prospect. You knew the risk was there that at 38 there wouldn't be as good of an OL player or that OL may not even be the BPA in round 2.

If the battle is going to rage on, might as well make it a little bit interesting.

Personally, I'm on "Team Either One" but I think this would be rather entertaining.

EDIT: Basically, this means I get to complain about whomever I choose.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - KillerGoose - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 02:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So I bounced this idea off one of the mods and it was supported so I figured I'd toss in out here in the thread that just won't die about the argument that just won't die.

I like this idea, great job. If this was implemented it would be fun this season.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Shake n Blake - 04-13-2021

I'm sure someone on here with art skills can whip up a couple badges. I really like this idea.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - jason - 04-13-2021

We should all move on...

Still would've liked Johnathan Allen in 2017 though.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 04:57 PM)Earendil Wrote: Personally, I'm on "Team Either One" but I think this would be rather entertaining.

EDIT: Basically, this means I get to complain about whomever I choose.

Same here, would be happy with Sewell, Pitts, Chase and even moving back and grabbing Slater or Darrisaw.

I am on the Sewell train though now as I think he will be the pick.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - ochocincos - 04-13-2021

Why does this thread have over 1000 replies?
If Burrow is pushing for Chase, that's his choice.
He knows full well how important the OL is.
If he feels he can stay upright and run a good offense better with Chase and then an OL sometime later (likely Day 2) vs taking an OL in Rd 1, that's his opinion.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - ochocincos - 04-13-2021

You don't need a badge. Just do #TeamChase or #TeamSewell.
Or use one of the Who Dey smilies since there are two.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Nicomo Cosca - 04-13-2021

I think we should all just get completely on board with whichever guy we pick and leave all this behind once the draft is over. Just be Team Bengals.

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Wes Mantooth - 04-13-2021

So if I understand this correctly, because I'm "Team Pitts" and will be without a badge, that means I can compain as much as I want in the Gameday threads?

I'm in!!! Wink

Edit: I created my own badge.  I won't live by your rules.

(04-13-2021, 07:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So if I understand this correctly, because I'm "Team Pitts" and will be without a badge, that means I can compain as much as I want in the Gameday threads?

I'm in!!! Wink

Yeah, I would say if I had to say what team I am on it is Pitts...

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Wes Mantooth - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I would say if I had to say what team I am on it is Pitts...

I worked up this special badge for the few of us that fall outside of this debate.  (I actually just googled Team Pitts and copied the first imagine location)

I don't want to feel left out, so i'm gonna add it to my sig.  Feel free to use it. Wink

[Image: PITTS-surname-Family-last-name-Team-PITT...ie-1-2.jpg]

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 06:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think we should all just get completely on board with whichever guy we pick and leave all this behind once the draft is over. Just be Team Bengals.

The sensible and correct attitude to have ThumbsUp

RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bfine32 - 04-13-2021

(04-13-2021, 08:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I worked up this special badge for the few of us that fall outside of this debate.  (I actually just googled Team Pitts and copied the first imagine location)

I don't want to feel left out, so i'm gonna add it to my sig.  Feel free to use it. Wink

[Image: PITTS-surname-Family-last-name-Team-PITT...ie-1-2.jpg]

I was going to call my team the Penei Posse, so I goggled that; big mistake. I'm just going to stick with Team Sewell

(04-13-2021, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was going to call my team the Penei Posse, so I goggled that; big mistake. I'm just going to stick with Team Sewell

LMAO!!! Hilarious