Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** (/Thread-2023-NFL-Draft-Thread)

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - MasonDT70 - 04-28-2023

I'll say I admit pass rush was a need and wanted kancey. Would've loved if the Bengals could've moved up and got him of they maybe could've added Jonah and a late pick to move up. Buy not a very Bengals move to do that.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - jj22 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:55 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Looks like Pitt gets Porter.

Yep tomorrow will be their day and who can blame the love fest they are about to get. Their top 2 picks is draft thievery.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Goalpost - 04-28-2023

Gotta trust the Bengals on this one. Murphy was in for a visit. They spent time with him. They probably had him around 20th overall and got him at 28. He's not a reach.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalbug - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:54 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Yeah he's an upside pick. Hope he can put up 25 sacks this year, but would rather a more immediate help. I get the value especially as pass rushers contracts are expensive. Draft just didn't fall favorably for Bengals imo

Where could we use more immediate help outside of pass rush? There were five (5) guys on the board that could have been good picks based on value and need.

Nolan smith
Murphy
Mayer
Branch
Porter

Smith doesn’t fit our defense. Plenty of tight ends in this draft plus Irv reduces the value of Mayer. Branch would potentially start on a camp battle and same for porter. Murphy won’t be a full time starter at DE, but we were one of the worst teams at sacking qbs.

So I’ll ask, where could we have gone for more immediate help ?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - casear2727 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:47 AM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: You guys do a great job keeping this board a secret.  Only took 3 months to approve a membership.  Good luck with your future endeavors.  I find some of your highly ranked members to be complete douchebags

Im shocked it took them that long to let you in, maybe they will kick your butt out at lightening speed?

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: People acting like we didn’t have a bottom half of the league pass rush. We needed to do something to boost it and this will help. I think we will see NASCAR package ran out there with Ossai, Murphy, Hubbard, Hendrickson all on the field for obvious passing downs.

How many times did we see poor Trey Hendrickson out there practically dying trying to stop a potential GW drive the last two years?  They needed to send that poor guy home with an oxygen tank some nights.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-28-2023

I know some may feel disappointed in Murphy but most had him in top 15 big board. Murphy is 6'5" 270 runs 4.51 40. Freak athlete that was underperforming. Production did not match his measurables but I do trust Hobby will turn it on for him. Bengals were near bottom in sacks, needed to get someone to eventually replace Trey. Good pick.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - samhain - 04-28-2023

Like the pick.

Too many good quarterbacks in this conference. They had to bring in some pass rush upside.

Ossai is better than some will give credit for. His most recent mistake sort of hides the fact that he was actually playing very well at the end of the year. Add Murphy to the group and you have a potentially great DE group bracketing a very good pair of DTs.

I'd have been happy with Porter just for the irony of the pick. I would have been good with Branch as well. Either way, I thought they were going secondary or DL.

This is how they maintain success while paying the current offensive weapons. Draft young defensive talent.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Joelist - 04-28-2023

The pass rush problem was interior not so much edge. With basically no pressure inside QBs were able to step up easily. Meanwhile the major issue on offense of utter lack of explosiveness in the backfield is still present.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Synric - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: It’s because Goodberry is down on him and so the sentiment has kind of spread is my guess.

Goodberry started on the Mothership like most of the posters here. As for Murphy he reminds me of a slightly more agile Montez Sweat and you remember how big I was on him. Hes a better run defender than Sweat was coming out too.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023

All I gotta say is I didn't expect Myles Murphy to be there at all for all the proceeding Draft thoughts...

We got the best pass rusher available and love the pick IMMENSELY. Mellow

Wild taking so many players like Bijan, Jahmyr and Jack so early. Blown away by this first round and happy for our pick.

Just like the Giants after they beat Brady they drafted Osi. Damn rights Cincy FO. Wink

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - casear2727 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:57 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I'll say I admit pass rush was a need and wanted kancey. Would've loved if the Bengals could've moved up and got him of they maybe could've added Jonah and a late pick to move up. Buy not a very Bengals move to do that.

We would have to have moved up to 318 to get Kancey. That would have cost us our #1 and #2 picks this draft at minimum, on a guy who is a tremendous risk of being a bust at his size.  The AD comparisons are not as close as people would like to suggest when it comes to production and arm length.  Too expensive for me.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - iowahwky4cincy - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: They were not impressed with Mayer’s blocking that’s why they passed. They need good blocking and there will be some at 2 or 3.

LaPorta. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Soonerpeace - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: People acting like we didn’t have a bottom half of the league pass rush. We needed to do something to boost it and this will help. I think we will see NASCAR package ran out there with Ossai, Murphy, Hubbard, Hendrickson all on the field for obvious passing downs.

I like your thinking

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Whatever - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:58 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Gotta trust the Bengals on this one.  Murphy was in for a visit.  They spent time with him.  They probably had him around 20th overall and got him at 28.  He's not a reach.

FWIW, the Consensus Big Board had him 17th overall. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Joelist - 04-28-2023

And yes another Chiefs fluff session was outright offensive. Leave it to Goodell to insult every other team in the league with the presentation tonight.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 01:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: The pass rush problem was interior not so much edge. With basically no pressure inside QBs were able to step up easily. Meanwhile the major issue on offense of utter lack of explosiveness in the backfield is still present.

Hope we Draft Keeanu Benton next. Perfect. Mellow

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - MasonDT70 - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Where could we use more immediate help outside of pass rush?  There were five (5) guys on the board that could have been good picks based on value and need.

Nolan smith
Murphy
Mayer
Branch
Porter

Smith doesn’t fit our defense.  Plenty of tight ends in this draft plus Irv reduces the value of Mayer.  Branch would potentially start on a camp battle and same for porter.  Murphy won’t be a full time starter at DE, but we were one of the worst teams at sacking qbs.

So I’ll ask, where could we have gone for more immediate help ?

I would've preferred a trade back and grab someone like debawore as a high upside pick and an inside rusher is more of a need imo than edge. Just not a fan of how the board fell. 

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 12:58 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Gotta trust the Bengals on this one.  Murphy was in for a visit.  They spent time with him.  They probably had him around 20th overall and got him at 28.  He's not a reach.

Plus the Clemson connection with Reader and Marion Hobby.

RE: ***2023 NFL Draft Thread*** - Bengalbug - 04-28-2023

(04-28-2023, 01:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: The pass rush problem was interior not so much edge. With basically no pressure inside QBs were able to step up easily. Meanwhile the major issue on offense of utter lack of explosiveness in the backfield is still present.

Lol, talking a RB in the first round when both guys were gone in the top 12.