Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Admit you voted for Biden - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Admit you voted for Biden (/Thread-Admit-you-voted-for-Biden)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - hollodero - 06-20-2022

Yeah, OK, that is too much now. Suggest to disengage, as in do not feed.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - ochocincos - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:04 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i agree it shouldn't be forever, but the person is also responsible for a big part of how long it will be. the harder you work, the more you save, the better you manage money and avoid things you don't absolutely need, the faster you can be self dependant and be able to enjoy life more.

Not necessarily.

I was privileged enough to be in a good school district and got good grades.
That helped me when getting accepted into a good college.
I also was privileged that my mother had good enough credit to help my student loans get approved, but she did not have any money to help pay for my college.

Not everyone is in the situation where they are in a good school district, have good enough credit, and/or don't have other expenses that could make it extremely difficult to financially get out of their current situation.

So while I think your stance of "just work harder" works to some degree, the likes of someone like Donald Trump (who was born into a certain level of money, society, and privilege) are going to have a much easier time getting the things they desire because they start off in a better environment compared to someone who has grown up completely in a family where they're barely able to get by and live in a poor town.
"Just working harder" doesn't guarantee someone gets completely out of their situation. There are other factors at play.
And some are more privileged than others to be able to achieve it.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - Leon - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, OK, that is too much now. Suggest to disengage, as in do not feed.

if you disagree that all knowledge is contigent on god serving as the foundation, then provide an argument. why does this scare people so much?

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - KillerGoose - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, OK, that is too much now. Suggest to disengage, as in do not feed.

Yeah, I agree. I remember dating a girl when Obama was elected. We were young and didn’t discuss politics, but she was ultra conservative and very religious.

When I say that the started screaming and sobbing when he won, I’m probably underselling it. She was writhing on the floor, kicking, screaming, all of it. She thought Obama was the anti-Christ and he was going to bring the end of the world upon us. Needless to say, we didn’t last.

I’m getting the same vibes from this guy. Biden is a heretic? He is a tool of darkness? I can’t. Lol.

(06-20-2022, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I agree. I remember dating a girl when Obama was elected. We were young and didn’t discuss politics, but she was ultra conservative and very religious.

When I say that the started screaming and sobbing when he won, I’m probably underselling it. She was writhing on the floor, kicking, screaming, all of it. She thought Obama was the anti-Christ and he was going to bring the end of the world upon us. Needless to say, we didn’t last.

I’m getting the same vibes from this guy. Biden is a heretic? He is a tool of darkness? I can’t. Lol.

catholics are heretics. biden is a life long catholic. this isn't outlandish like you're making it seem.

(06-20-2022, 07:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suggest you have more faith that God can work through Joe Biden. 

Yep.

For those that actually believe in religion, Biden is by far the more religious between him and Trump.
Trump has always been vague about his religion. He's said he's Christian, but he's always been very vague when asked questions around religion.
Many believe it's because he's not really ever been a practicing Christian, but rather he just uses that to appeal to his base.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5085318/donald-trump-religion-president-jewish/

On the flip side, Joe Biden is well-known to be a practicing Catholic.
https://heavy.com/news/joe-biden-religion-faith/

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - KillerGoose - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:59 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: catholics are heretics. biden is a life long catholic. this isn't outlandish like you're making it seem.

We will fundamentally disagree on this. I’m not a religious man and do not believe in God. I understand that you may believe Catholics are heretics, but this conversation has no basis in reality from my viewpoint and I don’t believe it will be constructive.

(06-20-2022, 08:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.

For those that actually believe in religion, Biden is by far the more religious between him and Trump.
Trump has always been vague about his religion. He's said he's Christian, but he's always been very vague when asked questions around religion.
Many believe it's because he's not really ever been a practicing Christian, but rather he just uses that to appeal to his base.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5085318/donald-trump-religion-president-jewish/

On the flip side, Joe Biden is well-known to be a practicing Catholic.
https://heavy.com/news/joe-biden-religion-faith/

the fact that biden is catholic is precisely the problem. being a part of child abusing kabal is not something to brag about.

(06-20-2022, 07:59 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: catholics are heretics. biden is a life long catholic. this isn't outlandish like you're making it seem.

Wow. You must be a hardcore Protestant to have that stance.

(06-20-2022, 08:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: We will fundamentally disagree on this. I’m not a religious man and do not believe in God. I understand that you may believe Catholics are heretics, but this conversation has no basis in reality from my viewpoint and I don’t believe it will be constructive.

fair enough. i respect you because you say your piece and are to the point. we'll agree to disagree. 

(06-20-2022, 08:02 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: the fact that biden is catholic is precisely the problem. being a part of child abusing kabal is not something to brag about.

Oh, typical fanatical Christian.
Everyone else's beliefs in gods is wrong except your religion.
Could it not be that religions are collections of fables used to try to explain the formerly unexplained and keep people from misbehaving?
Religion is basically Santa Claus for adults.

(06-20-2022, 08:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wow. You must be a hardcore Protestant to have that stance.

yes and proud of it. the child abusing kabal known as the catholic church should have been put out of business long ago. the fact that anyone still defends them or still follows their teachings is disgusting. 

(06-20-2022, 08:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh, typical fanatical Christian.
Everyone else's beliefs in gods is wrong except your religion.
Could it not be that religions are collections of fables used to try to explain the formerly unexplained and keep people from misbehaving?
Religion is basically Santa Claus for adults.

what's the ultimate, objective, necessary foundation of knowledge that allows you to get to that opinion? unless your worldview starts with god as the contingency for all knowledge, your opinions are completely arbitrary. 

truth is everyone knows god exists, but some surpress that knowledge.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - Nately120 - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:41 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: god doesn't work through perfect vessels because there aren't any. i understand you didn't choose trump, but you're not god. sometimes you need to accept that someone knows better than you and humble yourself to the bigger picture.

plus, joe biden is a catholic, a heretic, a tool of darkness. that's in direct opposition to god.

really, because god if the foundation of all knowledge, you can't come to any conclusions unless you start with god and work from there. if you do that, it will lead you to trump. the answers will be provided for you.

Your disdain for your fellow Christians is far more disappointing than your political takes. 

(06-20-2022, 08:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your disdain for your fellow Christians is far more disappointing than your political takes. 

i love my fellow christians. catholics are not christians. 

(06-20-2022, 08:13 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what's the ultimate, objective, necessary foundation of knowledge that allows you to get to that opinion? unless your worldview starts with god as the contingency for all knowledge, your opinions are completely arbitrary. 

truth is everyone knows god exists, but some surpress that knowledge.

Well that doesn't sound very objective, does it?
Sounds very preachy to me.
Like it's your way or the highway.
Not very "freedom of choice."

Why do you care if someone else believes in god at all or some other religion?

I don't hear a lot of "proof" from your side. Just spouting that your viewpoint is true.

You say, "What's the foundation of knowledge that allows you to get that opinion?" I would say because there's never been proof that god exists. So I'm not going to believe something until I see proof that suffices to my liking.

(06-20-2022, 08:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your disdain for your fellow Christians is far more disappointing than your political takes. 

Pretty sure everything about TB is disappointing.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - hollodero - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I agree. I remember dating a girl when Obama was elected. We were young and didn’t discuss politics, but she was ultra conservative and very religious.

Oh my. She must have been attractive, only thing that hides up crazy for some time.

(06-20-2022, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m getting the same vibes from this guy.

Yeah I don't. I suppose this is a parody account. While your undoubtedly hot ex was probably genuine.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - basballguy - 06-20-2022

(06-20-2022, 08:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wow. You must be a hardcore Protestant to have that stance.

it's a troll account, don't fall for it.

RE: Admit you voted for Biden - StoneTheCrow - 06-20-2022

Don’t take the bait, for the good of thebengalsboard.com