Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. (/Thread-THE-GAME-what-should-NOT-happen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Science Friction - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 08:53 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: They should make it by tomorrow afternoon imo.

Yes, they should and no later.  Will they, though?

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - casear2727 - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Accurate on the Ravens, Casear. But I think if the game is declared a no-contest, then the Bills get the #1 seed if they win this weekend, since they would have the higher winning percentage. And I think there is a scenario where the Bengals can still pass the Bills, at least according to one poster who calculated everything to the 5th tiebreaker. Regardless, the NFL needs to step up and tell the stakeholders when the decision on the "postponement" will be made. You mentioned the Ravens: they probably should rest there key players if the Bengals-Bills game will not be resumed and thus they cannot win the division. Teams need clarity. 

At the minimum, the NFL should tell stakeholders the date when they would make a decision. At this point, the NFL called it a postponement, which means it will be resumed at a future date. 

If both the Bills and Chiefs win this week the Chiefs should have the higher win %.....right?

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Essex Johnson - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 09:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If both the Bills and Chiefs both win this week the Chiefs should have the higher win %.....right?

Yes, KC wins Saturday they have #1  seed regardless even if bills bengals played or do not.

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have been told by someone who is part of an NFL organization in player personnel that many within the league are assuming it will be a straight no contest at this point. This person is in the NFC so their indifference to playoff implications and such may create a bias not sure. Take it for what it's worth.

(01-03-2023, 09:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If both the Bills and Chiefs both win this week the Chiefs should have the higher win %.....right?

Correct, KC would have .823, and the Bills .812

(01-03-2023, 05:00 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Fellas.

The game doesn't have to be played...we just need to determine the game's outcome.

Each team had one possession. Bengals scored a TD. Bills scored a FG. Give the Bengals the W and move on.

I'd be saying this if the roles were reversed.

This is the least likely result, I highly doubt the NFL is going to reward a win when barely 1/2:a quarter was played, that be like rewarding a baseball team a win in bottom of 2nd.

(01-03-2023, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes, KC wins Saturday they have #1  seed regardless even if biss bengals played or do not.

Thats not true at all. If the Bills win this weekend and if they beat us they are the #1 seed.  The only way KC gets the #1 is if they beat LV AND Buffalo loses to NE or Cincy or is awarded a tie or no contest with the Bengals.

(01-03-2023, 09:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is the least likely result, I highly doubt the NFL is going to reward a win when barely 1/2:a quarter was played, that be like rewarding a baseball team a win in bottom of 2nd.

Except that awarding the win to Cincy has by far the least negative impact to all other teams.

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Nepa - 01-03-2023

Actually, you're right Casear. I was going by what another poster stated, but I just calculated and if both win this weekend, the chiefs are 14-3 or 82.35 and the Bills are 13-3 or 81.25. 

So, the Chiefs actually are in the camp of those who do not want the game completed.

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - kevinsea - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Accurate on the Ravens, Casear. But I think if the game is declared a no-contest, then the Bills get the #1 seed if they win this weekend, since they would have the higher winning percentage. And I think there is a scenario where the Bengals can still pass the Bills, at least according to one poster who calculated everything to the 5th tiebreaker. Regardless, the NFL needs to step up and tell the stakeholders when the decision on the "postponement" will be made. You mentioned the Ravens: they probably should rest there key players if the Bengals-Bills game will not be resumed and thus they cannot win the division. Teams need clarity. 

At the minimum, the NFL should tell stakeholders the date when they would make a decision. At this point, the NFL called it a postponement, which means it will be resumed at a future date. 

This. The Bengals also need know so they can decide whether to play the 2nd string Sunday or not

(01-03-2023, 09:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thats not true at all. If the Bills win this weekend and if they beat us they are the #1 seed.  The only way KC gets the #1 is if they beat LV AND Buffalo loses to NE or Cincy or is awarded a tie or no contest with the Bengals.

Thanks I thought KC had tiebreaker on bills, thanks

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: At the minimum, the NFL should tell stakeholders the date when they would make a decision. At this point, the NFL called it a postponement, which means it will be resumed at a future date. 

The NFL will not make an official statement on declaring this a No Contest until after January 8th Sunday's games.  Why? #1 is its revenue.  

If the Ravens see zero point in playing their starters b/c Cincy is declared ACFN Champs then it will lower TV ratings.  I'm sure the NFL and the networks want this game to have some perceived implications and it's all b/c of $$$. 

(01-03-2023, 09:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Thanks I thought KC had tiebreaker on bills, thanks

That is what really sucks.  KC lost to both the Bills and the Bengals and will most likely be gifted the #1 seed..... not surprised at all.

(01-03-2023, 09:35 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: The NFL will not make an official statement on declaring this a No Contest until after January 8th Sunday's games.  Why? #1 is its revenue.  

If the Ravens see zero point in playing their starters b/c Cincy is declared ACFN Champs then it will lower TV ratings.  I'm sure the NFL and the networks want this game to have some perceived implications and it's all b/c of $$$. 

This is such a toxic and hypercritical comment to make about the NFL..... and most likely it is 100% true. 

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - packerbacker - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 08:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Seriously?  Whatever decision the NFL makes will have less than ZERO impact on the young man's recovery.  How in the world do you think this player would feel about this decision?  What about the potential backlash from the fans of the other 30 teams?  I wont even touch on the lawsuits due to billion dollar contracts and the millions of dollars missed by vendors in multiple cities.

We all understand if you are done with the season, see you next year.  

Not at all. I want the Bengals to win the SB. I also want them to resume this game. I hope Hamlin first and foremost is ok though which is what we need to focus on. About the game though it is upsetting if they just scratch the game then the Bengals could be impacted greatly and watch it cost them. If they don’t reschedule it then just cancel Week 18 and whoever is currently in the playoffs that’s their official seeding. The teams that had a chance going into Week 18 getting to the playoffs would be done.

(01-03-2023, 11:07 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Not at all. I want the Bengals to win the SB. I also want them to resume this game. I hope Hamlin first and foremost is ok though which is what we need to focus on. About the game though it is upsetting if they just scratch the game then the Bengals could be impacted greatly and watch it cost them. If they don’t reschedule it then just cancel Week 18 and whoever is currently in the playoffs that’s their official seeding. The teams that had a chance going into Week 18 getting to the playoffs would be done.

I don't understand why the Bengals, or any other team, and fans of those teams, need to focus on Hamlin?  Regardless of ANY decision made by the NFL the revised schedule will not in any way impact Hamlin's medical care and recovery... cancelling Week 18 for all teams is not just unnecessary, I don't see any logic whatsoever behind this opinion?

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Tony - 01-03-2023

Anyone else feel like the season was turned upside down and taken from the Bengals? The emotions from that game went from high to low real quick.. Burrows MVP hope probably gone now too with a top seed they would have earned..

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Tomkat - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 11:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone else feel like the season was turned upside down and taken from the Bengals? The emotions from that game went from high to low real quick..  Burrows MVP hope probably gone now too with a top seed they would have earned..

No.  Not at all.  It was 9 minutes into a game.  They have played plenty of football and there will still be more to play.
Sure, it's sad what happened but not crippling, and the players will bounce back... young people are amazingly resilient.

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - samhain - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 11:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Anyone else feel like the season was turned upside down and taken from the Bengals? The emotions from that game went from high to low real quick..  Burrows MVP hope probably gone now too with a top seed they would have earned..

I choose not to see it that way.  If anything, the Bengals got an almost extra bye week and will have less wear on the tires when the playoffs start.  They will either get another shot at the Bills in a resumed game or will be given the North without having to beat the Ravens.  Guaranteed home playoff game.  

No one can say what would have happened last night.  At the end of the day the Bengals are in the postseason and they have a team that can beat anyone.  It's not how anyone wanted to see things play out after last night's incident, but it could be a lot worse.  

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Tony - 01-03-2023

You guys should see what the bills boards are suggesting for this issue. Here is a spoiler. It has the Bills being 1 no matter what. 1 guy even suggested that because the bills beat the Browns, Ravens, and stealers they should get the win..

RE: THE GAME... what should NOT happen. - Nepa - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 11:33 PM)samhain Wrote: I choose not to see it that way.  If anything, the Bengals got an almost extra bye week and will have less wear on the tires when the playoffs start.  They will either get another shot at the Bills in a resumed game or will be given the North without having to beat the Ravens.  Guaranteed home playoff game.  

No one can say what would have happened last night.  At the end of the day the Bengals are in the postseason and they have a team that can beat anyone.  It's not how anyone wanted to see things play out after last night's incident, but it could be a lot worse.  

I like your positive take. It is a good view to have.