Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron (/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Josh-McDaniels-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Daddy-O - 01-01-2019

(12-31-2018, 08:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think anyone would pick us over the Broncos. 

Really, and why not?  Work for an egotistical person in Elway or and old timer in MB?  Both have flaws so look at the roster.

QB - Nothing vs. proven vet in Dalton
WR/TE - I'll take what the Bengals have in Green, Boyd, Eifert (although Eifert is a ?)
RB - Lindsay vs Mixon.  Based on Linday's year I'll say it's a wash but I'll take Mixon any day - he did lead the AFC and missed 2 games
OL - Denver wins
DL - Denver wins
LB - Denver wins
CB/Safety - probably a wash

All things considered I'd say it's pretty even.  If I was a young offense coach I'd want an experienced QB to start my career.

Get a good DC to help the defense and you actually have a pretty good shot out of the gate.

Plus, lord knows ownership is patient with coaches in Cincy.  In Denver you could be out after 2 years like Joseph.  Not good for a younger person who likely is raising a family and needs a stable environment.

Just sayin....

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Daddy-O - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:12 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I hope we have our Head Coach signed by next week.

If we want an up and comer it could be a while if their teams are still in the playoffs.  Can't sign them until their teams are knocked out.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Nati#1 - 01-01-2019

Thank god. We need a new face. Do not hire Hue. I'd fire his ass too.. and do not bring in Vance Joseph..i hope we hire zac taylor.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Benton - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why are they interviewing coaches for HC that have never been coordinators?

Hc is more of a management job, especially on a team with no gm.

(12-31-2018, 11:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Let’s hope not. SB Nation is touting that Simmons has a great shot. https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/12/31/18163042/nfl-rumors-bengals-darrin-simmons-head-coach

Not putting weight into it just because it’s not what I want nor think we need. Plus (I will need some help here) I don’t know how much the coaching staff makes, but nows the time to get things back on track. If you have to pay them for a short time to do nothing, then so be it. Bring in a new crew and let’s deal with it.

Yet, it’s not my money and we know Mike Brown. But the Dog knows what’s the right thing to do. Yep, wag the tail and knock em all off the table.

Then poop on the floor. LOL

I hope they step outside the current organization obviously, but if they do hire internally Simmons is the only person that makes any kind of sense - and it's not much sense to be honest.

Simmons is a hard ass which this team needs.  Give him a young, creative OC, maybe Taylor and a hard nosed DC and it may just work.

With that said, still little chance of it working out here with Simmons.  Been around too long and the players all know him.  They need change and so does he.  He'd be a good HC fit elsewhere, where he could go in and kick some tail.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Au165 - 01-01-2019

McDaniels granted packers interview request and doing it Friday...no news if he will actually take our request.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SunsetBengal - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 12:36 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Really, and why not?  Work for an egotistical person in Elway or and old timer in MB?  Both have flaws so look at the roster.

QB - Nothing vs. proven vet in Dalton
WR/TE - I'll take what the Bengals have in Green, Boyd, Eifert (although Eifert is a ?)
RB - Lindsay vs Mixon.  Based on Linday's year I'll say it's a wash but I'll take Mixon any day - he did lead the AFC and missed 2 games
OL - Denver wins
DL - Denver wins
LB - Denver wins

CB/Safety - probably a wash

All things considered I'd say it's pretty even.  If I was a young offense coach I'd want an experienced QB to start my career.

Get a good DC to help the defense and you actually have a pretty good shot out of the gate.

Plus, lord knows ownership is patient with coaches in Cincy.  In Denver you could be out after 2 years like Joseph.  Not good for a younger person who likely is raising a family and needs a stable environment.

Just sayin....

Just based on the bolded, I would decidedly call it a win for Denver.  Finding a QB is one thing, but having to pretty much rebuild entire key, fundamental position groups is a larger undertaking.  Something that likely won't be achieved in just one offseason.

I realize that a roster can be completely turned over in a short period of time, ala Jacksonville.  But, I also find it ironic that as fast as Jax rose to become a force, they fell to even worse than they were before the changes this season.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - McC - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 01:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just based on the bolded, I would decidedly call it a win for Denver.  Finding a QB is one thing, but having to pretty much rebuild entire key, fundamental position groups is a larger undertaking.  Something that likely won't be achieved in just one offseason.

I realize that a roster can be completely turned over in a short period of time, ala Jacksonville.  But, I also find it ironic that as fast as Jax rose to become a force, they fell to even worse than they were before the changes this season.

Looked to me the Jags were so used to losing that when they did win big, they got a bit full of themselves and it cost them.  Plus, Blake Bortles.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - SladeX - 01-01-2019

Not that i have any use for the man, but cowher is an example of a ST coach that moved into HC.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - TSwigZ - 01-01-2019

Let’s be honest though if we hired Josh McDaniels despite his trust issues we’d be going batshit crazy here. Has he responded to the interview request yet? Has any of the coaches responded to the requests yet other then in house candidates?

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Awful Llama - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 12:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Didn't Bill Belichick do the same thing to the Jets? Sign with them and then take it back.

If so, he turned out OK  Cool

Yeah, same talent, so worth the gamble  Cool

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Bengalholic - 01-01-2019

Looks like Bengals may be the first to meet with Taylor:

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - The Real Deal - 01-01-2019

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - McC - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 02:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Bengals may be the first to meet with Taylor:

If he's your guy, don't let him leave without a contract.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - fozzie11 - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 02:26 PM)McC Wrote: If he's your guy, don't let him leave without a contract.

i highly doubt that happens, and i don't think he can sign while the rams are still in the playoffs

(01-01-2019, 02:37 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: i highly doubt that happens, and i don't think he can sign while the rams are still in the playoffs

Okay.  Make that an agreement to sign a contract.  The point is, don't be passive.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Whatever - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 02:50 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Make that an agreement to sign a contract.  The point is, don't be passive.

They will have to interview a Rooney Rule candidate before agreeing with anybody, otherwise it will be a big scandal.  Under the new rule, I don't know if Hue qualifies.  The league has a list of minority HC candidates that they have to interview at least one from, now.  Since the rule is intended to give minority candidates interview experience and Hue has had 2 HC gigs, I don't know if he will make the list.

Marvin had like 3-4 interviews before he got the job.  The first interview is usually a feeling out process where teams trim their list of possible candidates and then schedule 2nd interviews with the guys they are serious about.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Goalpost - 01-01-2019

For the record, the Bengals and Marvin signed their 1st contract on the day of January 14th 2003. We know Mike. I don't think he'll rush things.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - Destro - 01-01-2019

(01-01-2019, 03:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: They will have to interview a Rooney Rule candidate before agreeing with anybody, otherwise it will be a big scandal.  Under the new rule, I don't know if Hue qualifies.  The league has a list of minority HC candidates that they have to interview at least one from, now.  Since the rule is intended to give minority candidates interview experience and Hue has had 2 HC gigs, I don't know if he will make the list.

Marvin had like 3-4 interviews before he got the job.  The first interview is usually a feeling out process where teams trim their list of possible candidates and then schedule 2nd interviews with the guys they are serious about.

The Bengals had a minority head coach for 16 years, they should get a pass for 25 as it was Marvin Lewis.

RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - jason - 01-01-2019

(12-31-2018, 09:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What makes him a scumbag?  I'm not disagreeing with you.  I just don't know what makes him a scumbag.  

He wrecked Denver. Upon arrival he immediately pissed off Jay Cutler (seems easy to do, but still). He did a little Spygate 2.0 as well.... Then just last year, he took the Colts job only to back out of it.

At this point, I don't care. If he can come here, and win then cool. He's just far from my first choice.