Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question (/Thread-Transgender-Bathroom-Locker-Room-Question)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 03:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: To Fred:

Ok......  so let's say a grown man identifies as a 6-year-old girl, even though his hormones are that of grown, horny man.

That makes it ok for him to shower with and change with 6-year-old girls because that's what he identifies as, correct?

Also, let's not forget that, if someone is still legally a man, hormones can be going crazy, so do you really think it's safe to put him in a locker room full of showering girls or even women?  Sometimes, men do irrational things because of hormones.

As an aside I never got the argument that men can't control their actions because they are horney.

Whether they are transgender, gay or straight...NOT attacking people just because you want to get your rocks off should n't be that difficult to do.

Carry on.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - fredtoast - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 02:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are people subjecting their kids to hormone treatments now because transgender has become the attention grabbing kardashian thing to do. It truly is mind boggling.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  You don't know any parents who are doing this and you have never heard any of them say anything like this.  You have no training in the field of psychology. And you have not even done any research on the issue.

Basically you are trying to win an argument just by making stuff up and claiming it is true.

Do you realize how silly that is?  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Benton - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 02:45 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There are people subjecting their kids to hormone treatments now because transgender has become the attention grabbing kardashian thing to do. It truly is mind boggling.

Then those doctors should have their licenses revoked. Parents can't get hormones at the Dollar Store. You've got to have a doctor — sometimes more than one — prescribing a treatment plan for gender reassignment.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 03:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: To Fred:

Ok......  so let's say a grown man identifies as a 6-year-old girl, even though his hormones are that of grown, horny man.

That makes it ok for him to shower with and change with 6-year-old girls because that's what he identifies as, correct?

Also, let's not forget that, if someone is still legally a man, hormones can be going crazy, so do you really think it's safe to put him in a locker room full of showering girls or even women?  Sometimes, men do irrational things because of hormones.

You sound like a shrill, man-hating feminist.  I can't believe your defense against this is that men are too dangerous to be around women/girls because of their crazy hormones.  

Also, who even brought up this whole "Identifying as a certain age" argument you are now debating?  Are the same people who claim a transgendered person should be able to use ____ restroom saying we should let grown men attend kindergarten because they decide they are 6 years old forever?  Or is this just another case of you being completely unable to debate an issue without conjuring a bunch of nightmare scenarios where men start running wild and committing crimes?

As a straight male I'm actually offended you think I'm some sort of dangerous slave to my hormones.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BFritz21 - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I never said that was okay at all.
That's what this whole thread has been about.

You said a man should be treated like a woman because that's what he identifies with.  I don't think you'd have a problem with a woman changing around children because it happens all the time.
(04-26-2016, 09:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: As an aside I never got the argument that men can't control their actions because they are horney.

Whether they are transgender, gay or straight...NOT attacking people just because you want to get your rocks off should n't be that difficult to do.

Carry on.

I agree, but it happens.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - BFritz21 - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 10:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You sound like a shrill, man-hating feminist.  I can't believe your defense against this is that men are too dangerous to be around women/girls because of their crazy hormones.  

Also, who even brought up this whole "Identifying as a certain age" argument you are now debating?  Are the same people who claim a transgendered person should be able to use ____ restroom saying we should let grown men attend kindergarten because they decide they are 6 years old forever?  Or is this just another case of you being completely unable to debate an issue without conjuring a bunch of nightmare scenarios where men start running wild and committing crimes?

As a straight male I'm actually offended you think I'm some sort of dangerous slave to my hormones.

Rolleyes

I never said all men, or even most men, but there are men who are slaves to their hormones.  How do you think some rapes happen?  Men just lose control.  

And the identifying as a certain age fits because I'm pointing out that identifying as something doesn't make you that or make it ok to act a certain way, which was Fred's argument.  You can't argue something but only have it be for certain circumstances.  

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Nately120 - 04-26-2016

Meh, I was typing up a reply but I deleted it. I'm just going to choose to identify as someone who is way more right than you on this issue and now I'm going to go wherever and do whatever my dastardly testicles force me to.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I still don't get what this has to do with transgender people using the same public restroom.

Are you saying that homosexual men should not be allowed to use the mens restrooms?

You are like a rabbit.  You just keep running in a circle.  Everything comes back to the claim that letting transgender people use the same restroom with you is the same as letting peeping toms use the restroom with you.  There is no connection there.  Transgender people are not peeping toms.

The fact is that this has zero to do with anyone looking at your wiener.  Instead it is 100% about discriminating based on your religious beliefs.  They call these bills "religious freedom" laws.  It is not just a random coincidence that 100% of the exact same people are against this issue that were against same sex marriage.  In fact you even use the exact same arguments.  even though these laws have no effect on you you cry about how"other people's beliefs" are being "forced down your throats".

There is no rabbit here; as my stance has not changed. Your flawed logic is that everyone supporting males going to the mens room and females going to the ladies room is doing so due to religious convictions.

The reason I get the it is OK for dudes to use the womens room is that no one gets hurt and you may never know they are there. Why can't we apply that logic to drunk drivers that do not cause accidents and peeping toms?

Quick run with the "because if there is a DUI accident folks get hurt". If there is an assault incident in a bathroom folks get hurt.

(04-26-2016, 10:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: And the identifying as a certain age fits because I'm pointing out that identifying as something doesn't make you that or make it ok to act a certain way, which was Fred's argument. 

That was not my argument.

(04-26-2016, 10:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:   You can't argue something but only have it be for certain circumstances.  

Yes I absolutely treat different facts differently.  In fact that is exactly the way well-educated experts in the field of psychology do it.  

The only people who don't treat different facts differently are people trying to create ridiculous strawman arguments.  

(04-26-2016, 10:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no rabbit here; as my stance has not changed. Your flawed logic is that everyone supporting males going to the mens room and females going to the ladies room is doing so due to religious convictions.

The reason I get the it is OK for dudes to use the womens room is that no one gets hurt and you may never know they are there. Why can't we apply that logic to drunk drivers that do not cause accidents and peeping toms?

Quick run with the "because if there is a DUI accident folks get hurt". If there is an assault incident in a bathroom folks get hurt.

Simple answer that you refuse to acknowledge.

Transgenders people are no more potential peeping toms or sexual predators than non-transgender people.

Your analogy fails therefore your entire argument fails.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - GMDino - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Simple answer that you refuse to acknowledge.

Transgenders people are no more potential peeping toms or sexual predators than non-transgender people.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Griever - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Simple answer that you refuse to acknowledge.

(04-26-2016, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

with these i think the topic should be over

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Rotobeast - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:10 AM)Griever Wrote: with these i think the topic should be over

No !
I need to know something.
If I go to the ladies room, take a nice private stall, and furiously masterbate; will I get in trouble ?
I mean....I'm enclosed in a private stall and I'm not hurting anyone.
I can also state that I identify as a woman and was attempting to pull the damn thing clean off.
What's my chances here ?
Ninja

(04-26-2016, 12:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: No !
I need to know something.
If I go to the ladies room, take a nice private stall, and furiously masterbate; will I get in trouble ?
I mean....I'm enclosed in a private stall and I'm not hurting anyone.
I can also state that I identify as a woman and was attempting to pull the damn thing clean off.
What's my chances here ?
Ninja

No problems as long as you don't make too much noise.

RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Rotobeast - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No problems as long as you don't make too much noise.

I could try passing the expletives and moaning off as tourettes, maybe.
Tongue

Where have I said Transgenders are more likely to be peeping Toms?

I just used the analogy to pose the question if you are unaware of a peeping tom, it doesn't hurt anybody, so why is it illegal.

I did get one answer "Because of invasion of privacy" Do you think it is possible that a female could have her privacy invaded if a dude that feels like a lady that plans to cause her no harm, sees her naked in the shower?

We sorta pick and choose which mental illnesses we strive to legitimize.

(04-26-2016, 11:10 AM)Griever Wrote: with these i think the topic should be over

Feel free to stop posting in the thread

(04-26-2016, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did get one answer "Because of invasion of privacy" Do you think it is possible that a female could have her privacy invaded if a dude that feels like a lady that plans to cause her no harm, sees her naked in the shower?

If the man is mentally a woman then there is no invasion of privacy.  If this is your concern then you should be fighting to keep lesbians out of womens lockerrooms, not transgenders.

(04-26-2016, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We sorta pick and choose which mental illnesses we strive to legitimize.

Of course we do.  we treat things that are different in different ways.  Don't you think that makes sense?

Should people who have a irrational fear of flying be treated the same way as a schizophrenic with delusions of persecution?  

It would be very stupid to treat all people with mental disorders the same way when they are so different.

And what about people who believe in magic all-powerful entities in the sky controlling everything?  What should we do about their irrational behavior?

(04-26-2016, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the man is mentally a woman then there is no invasion of privacy.  If this is your concern then you should be fighting to keep lesbians out of womens lockerrooms, not transgenders.

Of course we do.  we treat things that are different in different ways.  Don't you think that makes sense?

Should people who have a irrational fear of flying be treated the same way as a schizophrenic with delusions of persecution?  

It would be very stupid to treat all people with mental disorders the same way when they are so different.

And what about people who believe in magic all-powerful entities in the sky controlling everything?  What should we do about their irrational behavior?
I did notice you cut off the part of the post for which you have no answer. So you have no issue with a transwoman peeping in the windows of a woman's house?

Why do you always make up a new point out of something said. No where did I say we should treat all folks with mental illnesses the same; I just say there are some we try harder to legitimize; like allowing a dude who feels like a woman to use the ladies room.

WTS, this rabbit has been chased far enough down the hole. You find a point you cannot dispute, you just turn it into a different point. Like you have done in your last few replies.

(04-26-2016, 02:32 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: So... alcohol should be illegal because someone might drink and drive? 

Of course not. Do you think we should make public toliet and shower facilities illegal because someone may have to use the one they don't feel like?