Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Breaking: Whit to Rams - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Breaking: Whit to Rams (/Thread-Breaking-Whit-to-Rams)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - barkerja - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 11:35 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: That is a lot of money but going to the Rams......that says a lot about what he thought the Bengals chances were to win this year....says might as well get paid if I am not going to win...unreal day to be a Bengal fan. It should have never gotten to this point with Whit. Drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher is going to set this team back a good 5 years minimum.

I don't believe that for one sec. Whit is a family man and he is the type of man that will always put his family first before anything else. At the end of the day, it is a business and you have to make business decisions. This is simply about him securing a better and more promising future for his family.

While I'm very disappointed and sad by this move, I can respect that decision.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - Benton - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Shit!!!!! First round T pretty much a lock now. It's pretty bad when you lose a guy like Whit to the freakin Rams. Zeitler will be gone too. We will overpay Dre. I was hoping out of the 3 players that Dre would have been the odd man out.

Eh, I doubt it.

Ogie was horrible... but he's the guy they want. Until he gets a full season (camps, practices, etc) in, they aren't going to give up on him. He'll be your LT and they'll probably pick up a veteran to rotate in. They'll draft a tackle or lineman, but I'd be very surprised if it's in the first or even second.

As far as the thread, good for Whit. If you're going to play for 8-8, you might as well be able to drive to bring up the bank account. I hope he has a solid season.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 11:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Whit's reps:

Man, very disappointing!

Very surprised and disappointed. I thought he wanted to go for a ring, damn the money.

Atleast if we didn't get a ring i could of hoped for him to get one.

Guess i have to root for the Vikes again if we don't pull it together cause of Zim.

We have to address this in someway or another. Og is not the answer, maybe Fisher but then we still need a RT.

Is Wagner still out there?

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - OrlandoBengal - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh, I doubt it.

Ogie was horrible... but he's the guy they want. Until he gets a full season (camps, practices, etc) in, they aren't going to give up on him. He'll be your LT and they'll probably pick up a veteran to rotate in. They'll draft a tackle or lineman, but I'd be very surprised if it's in the first or even second.

As far as the thread, good for Whit. If you're going to play for 8-8, you might as well be able to drive to bring up the bank account. I hope he has a solid season.

Not to mention this is supposed to be a terrible draft for tackles.  I forget who, but I saw someone say last week that he would not be surprised if none go in the first round.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - BengalFanInNJ - 03-09-2017

Hobson said the Bengals were willing to pay Whit up to $12m for 2017.

(03-09-2017, 01:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Not to mention this is supposed to be a terrible draft for tackles.  I forget who, but I saw someone say last week that he would not be surprised if none go in the first round.

I hope so, then we can grab Cam Robinson or Ramcyzk in the 2nd...

Maybe even Forrest Lamp.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - Hoofhearted - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 12:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The reports are that only 15m is guaranteed and 13m of that comes in the 1st year, so it's actually a decent deal for the Rams. They can easily walk away from it after one year.

Yep, this was a really good deal by the Rams. They can easily walk away next year. I wonder if that even crossed his mind? Being a bengal for so long... Ninja

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - J24 - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hobson said the Bengals were willing to pay Whit up to $12m for 2017.

The Franchise tag is 13 million they could have kept him for that or negotiated a cheaper deal.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - OrlandoBengal - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hobson said the Bengals were willing to pay Whit up to $12m for 2017.

You really can't believe this.  He always makes it seem like the Bengals made a great offer, but that the player chose to leave for other reasons.  It is propaganda to say "Mike Brown is not cheap". 

(03-09-2017, 01:41 PM)J24 Wrote: The Franchise tag is 13 million they could have kept him for that or negotiated a cheaper deal.

Should of, stupid. We had to keep this guy. The only solution really is to pay a guy like Wagner major dough now
or put all of your eggs in one basket again and draft one of the top 3 OT's by either trading down or trading up in
the 2nd round.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - ochocincos - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope so, then we can grab Cam Robinson or Ramcyzk in the 2nd...

Maybe even Forrest Lamp.

Lamp is going to have to be a guard in the NFL. His arm length is very short. Only 32.25". OTs are 34"+, most often 35"+

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - yellowxdiscipline - 03-09-2017

Bull shit.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - Jpoore - 03-09-2017

Ppl going crazy. All it is is framework.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - masonbengals fan - 03-09-2017

Hate to see him leave & never for a minute thought it would be the Rams. But wish him luck. He will always be one of my favorites. Bengals better get off of their a$$es & get some trench players or this team is going no where. Real fast......

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - Whatever - 03-09-2017

(03-09-2017, 01:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly, only $2.5 million is guaranteed next year.  Paying $13 million for one year of the number two rated left tackle is not insane money... I read earlier that he only gave up 14 pressures on over 500 drop backs last year.

I agree with others who state that Whit felt disrespected when the team drafted both Ogbuehi and Fisher in the same year, then last year we kept hearing that Og was having trouble at RT because the left tackle "is his natural position", then Whit plays guard for a game some they can try him out on the left side.  On top of all that, they spread misinformation telling everyone who will listen that he is staying and other teams should not even engage.

Good luck sir.  And good luck to Andy because right now this line looks like an absolute dumpster fire Nervous

However, his 1st year salary is not included in that guaranteed money, so he will make more than $13 mill this year.  I presume they will make his 1st year salary low, but we're probably talking $14-15 mill.

The other thing is that $13 mil guaranteed, presuming it is in the form of signing bonus, gets spread evenly as a cap hit over the term of the contract.  That's $4.5 mil a year.  If they cut him after this year, the bonus from year 3 accelerates and creates $9 mill in dead money for next year, so it really isn't that easy to get out from under until year 3.

(03-09-2017, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lamp is going to have to be a guard in the NFL. His arm length is very short. Only 32.25". OTs are 34"+, most often 35"+

Still wouldn't be a bad move if we lose Zeitler too.

Would rather have Elflein in the 2nd though.

RE: Breaking: Whit to Rams - coachmcneil71 - 03-09-2017

Damn, the bar ( board) is packed today!!? Nothing like loosing our best FA to make folks wanna drink and complain...Understandably of course.

(03-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should of, stupid. We had to keep this guy. The only solution really is to pay a guy like Wagner major dough now
or put all of your eggs in one basket again and draft one of the top 3 OT's by either trading down or trading up in
the 2nd round.

2018 has a better class for LTs. Roll with what ya got, likely have a bad season, take a LT in the top 10 next year.

However, if looking at an OT this year for potential franchise LT, Garret Bolles from Utah could be a sound pick. He's extremely athletic, and you know how much PA loves his athletic OTs.
Julie'n Davenport has ideal measurables for LT, but lacks technique specifically. This is something that can be coached. I could see a scenario where Ogbuehi is given the chance to start 2017 at LT while Davenport backs him up. Davenport could be groomed into the starting LT by 2018 or 2019 if Ogbuehi ends up not panning out.

Either way, I think the one player the Bengals couldn't afford to lose just walked out the door. I'm preparing for a "miss the playoffs" season again.

(03-09-2017, 01:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 2018 has a better class for LTs. Roll with what ya got, likely have a bad season, take a LT in the top 10 next year.

However, if looking at an OT this year for potential franchise LT, Garret Bolles from Utah could be a sound pick. He's extremely athletic, and you know how much PA loves his athletic OTs.
Julie'n Davenport has ideal measurables for LT, but lacks technique specifically. This is something that can be coached. I could see a scenario where Ogbuehi is given the chance to start 2017 at LT while Davenport backs him up. Davenport could be groomed into the starting LT by 2018 or 2019 if Ogbuehi ends up not panning out.

Either way, I think the one player the Bengals couldn't afford to lose just walked out the door. I'm preparing for a "miss the playoffs" season again.

Good names i just have no faith in PA coaching any of those guys up. We would need someone somewhat polished like Wagner.

No hope for Og right now, Fisher is much better in every way right now and that is not saying much as he regressed from his rookie season.

Davenport might be a good pick but that is if we have a decent O-line coach. Really, PA just keeps biting us in the ass and we keep sitting on
the bar stool. I completely agree, losing Whitworth was the one guy the Bengals couldn't afford to lose. Doesn't matter how good our D is if
they are on the field all day and our QB is hurt.

(03-09-2017, 02:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good names i just have no faith in PA coaching any of those guys up. We would need someone somewhat polished like Wagner.

No hope for Og right now, Fisher is much better in every way right now and that is not saying much as he regressed from his rookie season.

Davenport might be a good pick but that is if we have a decent O-line coach. Really, PA just keeps biting us in the ass and we keep sitting on
the bar stool. I completely agree, losing Whitworth was the one guy the Bengals couldn't afford to lose. Doesn't matter how good our D is if
they are on the field all day and our QB is hurt.

Wagner is a RT, right? You think he'll succeed as a LT? I don't.