Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** (/Thread-Official-2017-NFL-Draft-Day-Thread)

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess what team everybody wants again in the Official Board Mock next year

Bengals?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Barnett before Allen.

Imagine the melt down if we would have done that

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - matmaven - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's a reason they're falling.

Both have insanely high injury concerns.

Obviously, they are even more serious than we have been told.

Have they torn an ACL and an MCL on different occasions?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Essex Johnson - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:53 PM)J24 Wrote: So who starts Lafell or Ross?

both start.. depends on game plan.. not like teams just run two WRs out there each play

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - BengalFanInNJ - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My issues are:

1) Some teams took him off their boards because of injury issues.
2) He's small for a WR.
3) He might start the season on PUP.

Total Bengals pick.

Injury issues are a concern but Ross is bigger than Antonio Brown when Brown got drafted.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - bfine32 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bengals?

Nobody wants the Bengals. Everybody hates your pick. The only time I had them I took Cam

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Beaker - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:57 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The Browns pick #25 now right?  Would AJ McCarron be worth that pick to them?

There is no DE at 25 that we can't get at 41 if that's what they are looking for. I don't think Mixon is worth a 25....maybe a 33...but he likely lasts until 41 the way things are going.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:53 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i have not been vocal in support of this pick, mostly just worried about speed guys and injuries and Bengals have not usually went for speed at WR.. so i have to give them credit to break out of the mold on this pic.. i wanted Allen ( still on board so maybe his injuries a bit more) also great stat... Bengals top 10 5 of last 6 years in scoring defense... i know our scoring offense over the same period can;t say that... So maybe Ross is part of a the missing piece .................SPEED

Allen keeps following... Barnett picked ahead of him.. i think Ravens will get Allen

I wanted Howard. He is a need with glass man on the roster due a contract mind you, and he appears to be durable unlike Ross. His tape screams 'stud'.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - jfkbengals - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Spot on Beaker and to the people saying Allen was what we needed i agree, but maybe not as bad as Ross.

We have a couple guys on the D-line that could be very good in Billings and Hardison, we will see and we still
have 10 picks to go and maybe more if we trade AJM. Step off the ledge and just picture Green, Ross and Boyd
tearing up Defenses. The O-line was not going to be taken care of in this round people.

Exactly.  Maybe Allen will still be available when we pick in the second.

BILLINGS!!!!

It's happened before, where a guy with a first round grade makes it into a later round.

BILLINGS!!!

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TKUHL - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: The ravens needed a WR. That was our plan all along once we saw the other 2 WRs go off the board.

So our draft plan is to screw Pitt last year with WJ3 and the raven this year by taking Ross. Maybe we should look at whats best for out team. We cant stop TE's as it is, now we will more than likely have to cover this guy with Balt.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - psychdoctor - 04-27-2017

Wanted OJ Howard or Hooker or Allen. But after a few minutes of thoughts; speed kills. The Bengals needed speed on outside. It will prevent safeties from sitting on AJ Green's route. Ross will be returner and is blazing compared to Erickson.

My guess is this: Lattimore has hamstring issues that may be chronic. Hamstring issues are not easy fixes and can linger for the career. Hooker and Allen has medical concerns. I still think Hooker could have made Bengals secondary elite. Allen concerned me a little because Saben tends to work his players to the bone. Same goes with Foster, the backer. Which brings me to Howard. Why not Howard for leverage against Eifert who cannot stay on the field. Well, there are plenty of very good TE in this draft.

For 9th pick the player has to have something special. Ross has elite speed. Once in a generation type of speed. Problem will be keeping Dalton off his back to utilize this speed. The team will need not only a RB that can block but will bring safeties up in the box. Then Ross can be used in seem routes.

Between Hooker and Ross? Both have medical concerns; Ross seemingly significant issues. With Davis gone, I do not see a WR with elite speed and smooth route running left. Ross is not a track star trying to become a football player. That is what Al Davis would choose. Ross is a football player with once in a generation speed. Very Rare. We will see if he stays healthy.
Makes me wonder why they signed LaFell. Did they give up on Boyd?

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - phil413 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:49 PM)bonesaw Wrote: John Ross burned it

Mad rep  :andy:

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - J24 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: I love Allen as a prospect, too, however, look at the numbers.  We were 24th in scoring offense and 8th in scoring defense last year.  It's not hard to see why they went Ross.  They don't want to lose a bunch of 17-13 games.

With Barnett coming off before Allen, I wonder if there's something there we don't know about.

That's without Green and Eifert though. Also our offensive line sucks so our offense will still have its issues that a WR won't solve.  You draft Allen our defense is automatically a top 3 unit. Also our Defensive line is old Geno 29, MJ 30, Dunlap 28, Gillberry 32.  We need defensive help.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - leonardfan40 - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Exactly.  Maybe Allen will still be available when we pick in the second.

BILLINGS!!!!

It's happened before, where a guy with a first round grade makes it into a later round.

BILLINGS!!!

BILLINGS!!!!

And why waste a 2nd rounder on him, may be able to snag him in 4

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Whatever - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody wants the Bengals. Everybody hates your pick. The only time I had them I took Cam

Lol, haters gonna hate.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - TheUberHuber - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If you've got 4.22 speed why don't you go tryout?

Na, people get too hung up on the speed metric. Take it with a grain of salt. If you don't know how to play, i don't care how fast you run, you are not going to make it in the nfl..

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Exactly.  Maybe Allen will still be available when we pick in the second.

BILLINGS!!!!

BILLINGS!!!

Thats my other Billings Bengal Brother. Rock On

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - eoxyod - 04-27-2017

(04-27-2017, 10:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Go back in our draft history and look at the ridiculous history of early round picks either getting injured or being drafted injured and thus missing their rookie season. When it happens as often as it does to vus you have to start questioning the selections. 

Who cares if a player misses their 1st season? The draft is a long term investment. Looking for immediate impact is a terrible idea when you want a player who can help you for 8+ years. Why would I want a player who is solid for his whole career just because he can help year 1, when I have a gamebreaking player on the board that can be especially dynamic after year one. 

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Benton - 04-27-2017

BILLINGS!!!!

BILLINGS!!!

It's looking like we roll with Billings... and in 2018 we will reach for a DT/DE.

What a **** up.

RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Au165 - 04-27-2017

Questions started popping up lately around Howard. If Howard was the man, why didn't they use him more. I wonder if the NFL teams have the same concerns? Maybe he goes to TEN as heir to Walker.